X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TerryE
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I find myself wishing I had ordered ALL of the CD limiteds before they sold out but I wasnt around then Original prices are so reasonable and considering the aftermarket I would be VERY happy to have them for my retirement. lol
    What got me hooked was missing out on "Six Stories" when it was published by King's Philtrum Press. I even knew about it from a flyer from Bett's Books, but thought $75.00 for a paperback was way too much. I've regretted passing on in ever since. The next limited was CD's "From a Buick 8" and I made sure to get that limited, even though I couldn't afford the signed one. And all these years later, I've spent way too much, but it's a nice collection!

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    The initial price of the limited Stand was $325 (when you could find one.) I got one from a dealer about six months or so after it was issued for $700.

John
    So that means you can sell it to me for $800 then

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Then again, it's all relative ... the coffin box L/E of The Stand : Complete & Uncut had a ticket price for $90.00 back when it was released by Doubleday in 1990.

Look at what it goes for now, 22 years later
    The initial price of the limited Stand was $325 (when you could find one.) I got one from a dealer about six months or so after it was issued for $700.

John

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Your damn Blondie video froze my internet explorer and I hadda reboot. Thanks Woot!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEFj2JtB7HU

Not much more to be said Teri

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Which is why i am ok with trying to get my hands on the cheaper new ones first because by time I ever sell them they will all be worth alot more than I paid. Collector now, Seller when I am old and King is dead (hopefully, as I said before I may die first and never get old, we'll see)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    Tom said modern day, which i would assume meant the newer stuff. 1990 is 22 years ago as you said yourself. Thats a long time and one of, if not the most popular, SK book.
    The point i was trying to make (badly it would appear) is that in 1990 the Coffin Stand was "new" then, and went for $90.00. It now goes for between $1,200 - $2,500 (depending where you look). One would imagine, in 22 years, when the "new" L/E's, such as BB, SoD, UTD and 11/22/63 are "old" they'll command higher prices - hence the comment that "it's all relative"

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    As someone who has been desperately seeking a signed SK book I can afford I can tell you that they have ALL gone up in price a considerable amount in relation to their original prices, with the exception of 11/22/63 and Under the Dome that are still affordable and not much higher than the original price. I find myself wishing I had ordered ALL of the CD limiteds before they sold out but I wasnt around then Original prices are so reasonable and considering the aftermarket I would be VERY happy to have them for my retirement. lol

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    And they will never ever sell for that price, i can assure you of that. Just because people list books at a certain price doersn't mean they will sell, atm it is a buyers market!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Hmmmm i'm not sure, i think when i picked up a copy last year it cost me £180 which included shipping. So i stick with my original statement, that modern day S/L's don't go up in value (apart from IT which is thought to be one of most peoples favourite book).
    I don't know, the only copies I could find on the net right now where going for $780+ which if I remember correctly is above the original price of them.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Hmmmm i'm not sure, i think when i picked up a copy last year it cost me £180 which included shipping. So i stick with my original statement, that modern day S/L's don't go up in value (apart from IT which is thought to be one of most peoples favourite book).

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    For a matching set $750 - 850 isn't that far off i guess, and for a non-matching one $650-750. The modern day S/L's just aren't going up in value as far as i can see!
    I think it's one of those things that just takes time for copies to disappear into the void so to speak. I mean look at the "From A Buick 8" Signed Limited. They're pretty expensive to get your hands on these days.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Including some of the relics that haunt this site!

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Very True, and the original along with almost half of kings work and SEVERAL of his movies are older...some by alot. lol

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Good lord, Teri. That coffin Stand is nearly as old as you are!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X