X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Jeff's latest unboxing of TEN-WORD TRAGEDIES reminded me that that's probably a book I should take a second (well, now, a third) look at. Like Jeff mentioned, I have no idea who the musician is, but I like the idea of the anthology theme and the line-up is solid.
    Man, this title really deserves to be sold out! It's a solid anthology with an incredible list of contributors.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Jeff's latest unboxing of TEN-WORD TRAGEDIES reminded me that that's probably a book I should take a second (well, now, a third) look at. Like Jeff mentioned, I have no idea who the musician is, but I like the idea of the anthology theme and the line-up is solid.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Media mail is technically for books, music cds, and movies, maybe video games. Everything else has to go a different shipping method. Honestly I'm surprised the USPS hasn't gotten rid of media mail yet. There's no way they make any money on it.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    That makes complete sense. Didn't realize media mail had such restrictions.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    The best case scenario is that the additional shipping costs simply erase their profit margin for such titles, and it's entirely likely they'd lose money because (speaking for US publishers) you aren't supposed to ship slip cases via media mail (note the high costs of shipping when ordering one from CD).

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    That's a bummer, but not completely unexpected. I'm surprised we're not seeing more of these types of issues across the small presses.
    I feel the same way. I wonder how many publishers, if any, will consider shipping the book before the slipcase ships, especially with older titles that are well past the expected publication date. I imagine that it is probably too costly for them to consider, but, I have seen some small presses do that in the past; so, I guess that there may be a small chance.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    That's a bummer, but not completely unexpected. I'm surprised we're not seeing more of these types of issues across the small presses.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Announcement from PS Publishing today:

PS PUBLISHING.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    That one also caught my eye!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    This looks Good!
    https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/studio-of-screams

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    My package was waiting for me in the mailbox today.

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    I have not received my order yet so that’s encouraging to know that some deliveries are still being made. I also appreciated the heads up on the offer as I would have missed it otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Back in Mid December PS had an offer in their weekly newsletter offering a limited number of these totally free. I posted about it somewhere here.
    And I appreciated it!!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I am surprised people are just getting theirs. I received my set 2 1/2 weeks ago. Wonder if some got held up in customs.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Back in Mid December PS had an offer in their weekly newsletter offering a limited number of these totally free. I posted about it somewhere here.
    Yeah, the post was on page 1 of this thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X