Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Another great Centipede Newsletter! That Bram Stoker has me Stoked....Sorry LOL!!
    I'm debating that one in my mind...I really don't think I need it, but god knows every time I pass up a Centipede release that I'm wavering on -- even a little bit -- I seem to end up regretting it sooner or later.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I'm debating that one in my mind...I really don't think I need it, but god knows every time I pass up a Centipede release that I'm wavering on -- even a little bit -- I seem to end up regretting it sooner or later.
      Ron, you have to ge this to be the companion Volume to whatever Dracula edition you have......

Comment

So are there multiple versions of the Centipede newsletter? The one I received has no mention of Stoker. It is on the website though.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          guys this is on sale over at Centipede's John Pelan Sale page. John Pelan Collection: Manly Wade Wellman Owls Hoot in the Daytime Volume 5 of the Manly Wade Wellman Stories. Nightshade Books. Leatherbound edition. $200. That is a great price.
          Man, I better think about selling my 5 volume Wellman set from NS!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            So are there multiple versions of the Centipede newsletter? The one I received has no mention of Stoker. It is on the website though.
            I think there might be Martin. I have noticed some differences in the pst as well.
            Mike

Comment

No, the website was how I knew about the Stoker volume…I strongly doubt Jerad has the time or desire to produce multiple versions of his newsletter.

Comment

No, the website was how I knew about the Stoker volume…I strongly doubt Jerad has the time or desire to produce multiple versions of his newsletter.
                Jerad puts a lot of effort in his weekly update. The Stoker comments had me wondering if some people had an additional paragraph or something added to theirs. Sounds like the newsletter may get people to look at the site. The Stoker book does have me intrigued, if it is reasonably priced i may bite.

Comment

I'm not seeing a mention of Stoker. I see a few books previously published. Maybe someone could point me in the correct direction?

Jerad puts a lot of effort in his weekly update. The Stoker comments had me wondering if some people had an additional paragraph or something added to theirs. Sounds like the newsletter may get people to look at the site. The Stoker book does have me intrigued, if it is reasonably priced i may bite.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    I'm not seeing a mention of Stoker. I see a few books previously published. Maybe someone could point me in the correct direction?

It is the first book listed in the Forthcoming section. Here is a direct link: Powers of Darkness (centipedepress.com)

Comment

Thanks. I was going to the books page and not the main page.

It is the first book listed in the Forthcoming section. Here is a direct link: Powers of Darkness (centipedepress.com)
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Got home from work yesterday and had a package waiting from Centipede, which was a happy surprise. Totally forgot that I had purchased a couple of books from the John Pelan collection. They were shipped to me in fantastic packaging and were in perfect condition. Could not be more happy with this purchase. For those interested, I was able to pick up two signed limited edition books from Norman Partridge (Slippin into Darkness & Bad Intentions) for 30 bucks plus shipping. I was expecting that they would be PC copies but each was an actual numbered copy of the limited edition (#147). I would have paid 30 bucks for either book by itself; so, to actually receive both for that price and for them to be numbered and in perfect condition has me feeling like I totally scored on this deal!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          Got home from work yesterday and had a package waiting from Centipede, which was a happy surprise. Totally forgot that I had purchased a couple of books from the John Pelan collection. They were shipped to me in fantastic packaging and were in perfect condition. Could not be more happy with this purchase. For those interested, I was able to pick up two signed limited edition books from Norman Partridge (Slippin into Darkness & Bad Intentions) for 30 bucks plus shipping. I was expecting that they would be PC copies but each was an actual numbered copy of the limited edition (#147). I would have paid 30 bucks for either book by itself; so, to actually receive both for that price and for them to be numbered and in perfect condition has me feeling like I totally scored on this deal!
                          Heckuva deal, and now you have some great fiction ahead of you. If there's any author from back in the day whose new work I miss than perhaps any other, it's Norman Partridge...he was always one of my favorites. I don't believe I'll ever see his new novel, THE BUTCHER'S STORY -- what has it been, a decade or more on CD's Production Schedule, unfinished with apparently very little communication from Partridge. I don't know if it's a perpetual case of writer's block, a disagreement with CD, or he's simply moved on to another phase of life and other interests, but it's a shame.

Comment

Yesterday I received two new older Centipede HC titles that have up 'til now escaped me, so I'm thrilled to finally add them to my collection. The two titles are the signed & numbered HCs of THE TENANT by Roland Topor (signed by Thomas Ligotti (intro.)) and MADBALL by Fredric Brown (signed by Dick Adler (intro.)). I hope to have pics of both up on Twitter within the next week.

Comment

Heckuva deal, and now you have some great fiction ahead of you. If there's any author from back in the day whose new work I miss than perhaps any other, it's Norman Partridge...he was always one of my favorites. I don't believe I'll ever see his new novel, THE BUTCHER'S STORY -- what has it been, a decade or more on CD's Production Schedule, unfinished with apparently very little communication from Partridge. I don't know if it's a perpetual case of writer's block, a disagreement with CD, or he's simply moved on to another phase of life and other interests, but it's a shame.
                              Yeah, at this point, I'm glad to have missed out on purchasing The Butcher's Story. Don't get me wrong, if/when it does ever come out, I will be green with jealousy as it is definitely a book that I would want; however, after seeing all of the twists and setbacks with this novel, I think having it on my pre-order list and it being that overdue would make my head explode, (have a few from CD in the 4-5 year range and they make me anxious enough as is).

Comment

Yesterday I received two new older Centipede HC titles that have up 'til now escaped me, so I'm thrilled to finally add them to my collection. The two titles are the signed & numbered HCs of THE TENANT by Roland Topor (signed by Thomas Ligotti (intro.)) and MADBALL by Fredric Brown (signed by Dick Adler (intro.)). I hope to have pics of both up on Twitter within the next week.
                                Congrats on being able to fill those holes in your collection! Am a little jealous of the Topor find as I didn't realize that Polanski's movie was based on this book. Definitely need to read it now. Also doesn't hurt to have the Ligotti sig. I've always enjoyed Ligotti's stuff and wish he published more frequently.

Comment

Working...
                                X