Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Am assuming that’s for the signed/numbered edition?
    Yes, it is. That edition comes with rights to the series, so it's worth a lot more to those who want all six books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      So I guess $3k is the current going rate for DUNE. I’ve seen three sales on eBay go for $3k or higher. Insane. I’m sure this will calm down after all the books get out into the wild, but still…
      I'm fairly certain the price will settle to around the $2k mark. It's FOMO pushing folks to pay >$3k right now - you can see that across the book collecting world. If you've purchased a book and are on the fence about it and it's at all popular, the absolute best time (right now) to sell your copy is BEFORE it's released.

Comment

Agreed that it’ll come down either when more copies come floating out into the market or when the second book is released. Still crazy if it settles at $2k. I just don’t know how people afford those prices. I’ve bought some expensive books before but never broke the thousand mark, let alone three.

Comment

Bad Moon offering signed copies of DUNE for $3800. The prices for DUNE are insane, even for Centipede Press books.

Comment

Half tempted to sell my signed/numbered DUNE and pick up one of my two Holy Grails, each of which hover around $2500…which means they’re forever out-of-reach otherwise. I probably won’t, but I can’t say I haven’t thought about it, at $3K+ and especially since SF really isn’t my thing. I bought this primarily because I’ve always wanted to read DUNE and what better opportunity to experience it than in this grand edition, and, two, I love Centipede. But otherwise I have no intrinsic connection to the work itself, like so many seem to. Once the value of this thing broke $2K (and is now bumping up against $4K), it gives one pause, when those other Holy Grails are suddenly just a decision away…
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yeah, those prices are nuts! I love Dune and love Centipede, but even I am tempted to sell at these prices.

It would really help with my most recent purchase, but I'd feel horrible doing so, so I'm going to keep it. Hopefully it doesn't reach $5k because then the temptation may be too much...

Comment

Half tempted to sell my signed/numbered DUNE and pick up one of my two Holy Grails, each of which hover around $2500…which means they’re forever out-of-reach otherwise. I probably won’t, but I can’t say I haven’t thought about it, at $3K+ and especially since SF really isn’t my thing. I bought this primarily because I’ve always wanted to read DUNE and what better opportunity to experience it than in this grand edition, and, two, I love Centipede. But otherwise I have no intrinsic connection to the work itself, like so many seem to. Once the value of this thing broke $2K (and is now bumping up against $4K), it gives one pause, when those other Holy Grails are suddenly just a decision away…
                Boy am I in the same boat. I signed on for this thing years ago- when it didn't look like it was going to skyrocket in value, for those same reasons you state above. I'd hate to lose the book, of course,. but- those Grails! What are those Grails you speak of, Ron? I get it if you don't want to say.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post

Boy am I in the same boat. I signed on for this thing years ago- when it didn't look like it was going to skyrocket in value, for those same reasons you state above. I'd hate to lose the book, of course,. but- those Grails! What are those Grails you speak of, Ron? I get it if you don't want to say.
                  Oh, I don’t mind…one is the S/L coffin edition of THE STAND, and the other is the S/L 20-volume HC series from Dennis McMillan, FREDRIC BROWN IN THE DETECTIVE PULPS. I have an unusually Fine/Fine 1st trade HC of THE STAND in a Collector traycase, so that kind of scratches the itch…so the Brown series in particular is something I’d dearly love to have (and have wanted for at least two decades). When they appear, full sets seem to hover around $2500.

Comment

Despite the price explosion, I’m still glad I passed on the signed/numbered edition, simply because I didn’t like the rest of the series as much and I didn’t want to incur the cost or responsibility of purchasing the rest of the books. Having said that, the unsigned copy is going for crazy numbers as well. The really funny thing is the book that brought me to Centipede Press, years ago, still hasn’t been published, Davis Grubb’s Night of the Hunter. In the meantime, I’ve collected some very nice titles from Jerad over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      . The really funny thing is the book that brought me to Centipede Press, years ago, still hasn’t been published, Davis Grubb’s Night of the Hunter. In the meantime, I’ve collected some very nice titles from Jerad over the years.
                      I continue to hope that that one will appear as well. I remember seeing it in one of the little mini catalogs that he used to release…not sure what became of the title or if it’s still on the schedule or not.

Comment

Just received notification that my signed DUNE has been shipped and is on its way. Given that it’s going Priority, I should see it within a few days.

Comment

1B372F55-D6A5-4D87-B740-A59A8FDF86AF.jpeg My copy of the signed/ltd. DUNE arrived today…and I’m almost afraid to open it.

Unbelievable. Now I know the frisson of fear that Jeff felt…

I’ll come back and edit this post with the results…need a hour or so to brace myself for potential soul-crushing disappointment.

EDIT: Thanks, Ben and Martin, for the wishes of luck…THEY WORKED! No issues at all with the book, it’s as pristine and perfect as when it left Jerad’s hands. Whew!
                          Last edited by RonClinton; 12-22-2021, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Best of luck, Ron. Hopefully tis but a flesh wound.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

So, it appears that Louis DeJoy is not a fan of Dune. Hopefully your copy does not require surgery.

Comment

1B372F55-D6A5-4D87-B740-A59A8FDF86AF.jpeg My copy of the signed/ltd. DUNE arrived today…and I’m almost afraid to open it.

Unbelievable. Now I know the frisson of fear that Jeff felt…

I’ll come back and edit this post with the results…need a hour or so to brace myself for potential soul-crushing disappointment.

EDIT: Thanks, Ben and Martin, for the wishes of luck…THEY WORKED! No issues at all with the book, it’s as pristine and perfect as when it left Jerad’s hands. Whew!
                                Ahhhh so glad you escaped doom!!! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X