Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Anyone picking up a copy of The Architect of Sleep? Thought about it but ultimately passing on this. Just pinching pennies a bit these days.
    I'm passing as well. I'm sure it's a good novel, but I can't afford to be spending on $100 on random titles these days...

Comment

That was basically how I felt. I looked at it, read a few reviews, thought about it, and realized I have no attachment to this book or story. However there is a $150 lettered, of a story I love, from an author that I like, which I keep not buying because I had become sidetracked by purchases like this. Trying really hard to get this lettered and bypass spontaneous purchases.

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I'm passing as well. I'm sure it's a good novel, but I can't afford to be spending on $100 on random titles these days...
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Anyone picking up a copy of The Architect of Sleep? Thought about it but ultimately passing on this. Just pinching pennies a bit these days.
        I always feel as though I’m making a mistake by passing on any Centipede release, but I did pass on this one. Fantasy just isn’t my thing, and reading up on it the book apparently ends midstream, on a bit of a cliffhanger, with no chance the other four volumes that the author saw necessary to complete the story will ever see the light of day. With those two issues at play, I couldn’t pull the trigger at $100. I might’ve opted for a copy as a curiosity, see what the acclaim is all about, but $100 just isn’t in the cards, unfortunately.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I certainly feel that way as well. One of the few times I've actually caught a title before they are sold out or one that is at a price point I could consider.

Oh well. Passing on it as Fantasy isn't really in my wheel house these days.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I always feel as though I’m making a mistake by passing on any Centipede release,

Comment

Too many $100 (more or less) books coming at us every other day it seems. Think we're reaching the tipping point.

Comment

I did go for it after hearing that Dune won't be out until at least the last week of August. The other thing that swayed me was that Jerad hopes to publish the sequel. Apparently it was written, but never published, and if the author likes the treatment of the first book, and I guess the response from the collector world, he may let Jerad publish the next book.

Comment

Great point about this title. Seems like fans of this book would love to see a follow-up to this story and maybe this is something the Author and Jerad can make happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I did go for it after hearing that Dune won't be out until at least the last week of August. The other thing that swayed me was that Jerad hopes to publish the sequel. Apparently it was written, but never published, and if the author likes the treatment of the first book, and I guess the response from the collector world, he may let Jerad publish the next book.
                  That would be really cool! Fingers crossed for you and anyone else who picked up the title.

Comment

If Centipede does the sequel, that would be really cool.

Comment

Got my shipment of THE ARCHITECT OF SLEEP, THE SWORDS OF LANKHMAR, and the Alan Dean Foster book on its way, Really looking forward to the Foster book.

Comment

A visit to Centipede’s website shows that we’re getting a Library of Weird Fiction volume for Frank Belknap Long. I don’t remember hearing that this was in the works, but I’m glad it is. I’ll settle for this versus dropping $900+ on a copy of the MotWT volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          A visit to Centipede’s website shows that we’re getting a Library of Weird Fiction volume for Frank Belknap Long. I don’t remember hearing that this was in the works, but I’m glad it is. I’ll settle for this versus dropping $900+ on a copy of the MotWT volume.
                          That great news -- definitely in for a copy of that.

Comment

Looks like the fall schedule will be in next week’s newsletter. It’s nice of Jerad to let us know how broke we’ll be by December.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              Looks like the fall schedule will be in next week’s newsletter. It’s nice of Jerad to let us know how broke we’ll be by December.
                              Some interesting titles coming up...I see at least a few I need. The only disappointment within those I'd need is the price of the letterpress Klein...that's far more than I'd anticipated, and will likely be a Centipede Press book that I'd really like but just simply can't afford. I've been able to balance cost and need pretty successfully up 'til now -- justifying splurges and/or talking myself out of book(s) that I'd like but don't need -- but this one I need but simply can't justify the price to myself, not with a 1st ed. HC on my shelf already and PS promising at some point down the road a signed/ltd. HC to match THE CEREMONIES. I do think it's pretty damn cool that Jerad is doing a high-quality letterpress edition of it in a very small (100) limitation -- it's neat to see stuff like that be done -- but it will likely remain something I'll have to appreciate from afar.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Some interesting titles coming up...I see at least a few I need. The only disappointment within those I'd need is the price of the letterpress Klein...that's far more than I'd anticipated, and will likely be a Centipede Press book that I'd really like but just simply can't afford. I've been able to balance cost and need pretty successfully up 'til now -- justifying splurges and/or talking myself out of book(s) that I'd like but don't need -- but this one I need but simply can't justify the price to myself, not with a 1st ed. HC on my shelf already and PS promising at some point down the road a signed/ltd. HC to match THE CEREMONIES. I do think it's pretty damn cool that Jerad is doing a high-quality letterpress edition of it in a very small (100) limitation -- it's neat to see stuff like that be done -- but it will likely remain something I'll have to appreciate from afar.
                                I'm not very familiar with Klein, but isn't that title a short story/novella? I'm sure it'll be a very exquisite edition, but it'll also cost significantly more than Jerad's retail price, given that the 100 print run will pretty much account for the subscribers and leave everyone else with aftermarket prices.

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X