X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Received my Gone South Limited today. May be the prettiest Limited book Lividian has produced so far. This book is stunning. I am surprised that it did not come with a bookmark as I believe all the previous books have included one. Lividian also shipped this one Priority rather that Media Mail. As I have never read this story this will be my reading copy!
    I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. Usually, by this point in shipping, I'm tired of looking at most books but not this one. Francois did an amazing job on the artwork, which is where everything starts production wise. He should get a lot of the credit.

We sent bookmarks with The Night Country and The Chill, I believe, but with printing costs doubling in the last 12 months, we had to pick where we could save some money without compromising quality or raising prices too much. Bookmarks, custom printed shipping boxes, and a few other behind the scenes things were cut, so we could keep the roomier page design for heftier page counts (more readable design) and larger quantity of artwork.

Unrelated note: is anyone else finding the forum here is adding a lot of random characters to their posts or is it just my luck?

Like that:

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received my Gone South Limited today. May be the prettiest Limited book Lividian has produced so far. This book is stunning. I am surprised that it did not come with a bookmark as I believe all the previous books have included one. Lividian also shipped this one Priority rather that Media Mail. As I have never read this story this will be my reading copy!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Got my shipping notice (well, the notice that the label was printed - baby steps!)

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    So excited for this one! Have my copy pre-ordered from SubPress!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Exciting news Brian!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    GONE SOUTH Limited Edition update: We finished the pre-shipping paperwork tonight and printed the first 100 orders, so we’ll start packing those tomorrow and Sunday for Monday pick-up. There's still a lot to go after that, obviously, but we’re printing the labels for this one in smaller batches because our packing space is more crowded than usual. So, you might not receive a shipping notice until later this week.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

I did get the first finished copy for one of the books this morning and the covering material feels amazing. Cannot wait to announce and ship this one, but we can only just now start the slipcases, so... waiting. Blah. Ha!
    Hmm... So the covering material isn't cloth? Next Joe Hill title, perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Bummer to hear, but I totally understand! Hope they get it squared away for you soon and can't wait to see your next announcement!
    I did get the first finished copy for one of the books this morning and the covering material feels amazing. Cannot wait to announce and ship this one, but we can only just now start the slipcases, so... waiting. Blah. Ha!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Not sure if an announcement is going to be made this month or not. I had hoped to have books here and ready to ship in July and August, but the printer ran way behind schedule. Probably my last two jobs with them. Blah.
    Bummer to hear, but I totally understand!  Hope they get it squared away for you soon and can't wait to see your next announcement!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Any hints or eta for announcement for the June title yet, Brian?
    Not sure if an announcement is going to be made this month or not. I had hoped to have books here and ready to ship in July and August, but the printer ran way behind schedule. Probably my last two jobs with them. Blah.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    I'm pleased to report my next Patreon chapbook is a new novella called MR. PURPLE by WH Chizmar:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/announcing-mr-by-83310915

Brian
    Any hints or eta for announcement for the June title yet, Brian?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    I'm pleased to report my next Patreon chapbook is a new novella called MR. PURPLE by WH Chizmar:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/announcing-mr-by-83310915

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

Nice haul! Especially jealous of the Ahlborn as I've had my eye on that one!
    I have a Classic Edition copy of If You See Her for $100, if you're looking to buy one below retail price. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuggers View Post
    Took a flier on one of the last grab bag offerings, which I was nervous about since the last one I got contained a duplicate of a title I already owned. But the quality of that last "bag" plus the video I'd seen of another recipient during that wave was too tempting to pass on. Very happy with what I received in the mail yesterday.
    Ania Ahlborn's If You See Her, Suntup EditionsÂ
    ÂÂ Paul Tremblay's No Sleep Til Wonderland, SST &
    THE Living Dead by G. Romero & D. Kraus, SST.

Â
    Nice haul! Especially jealous of the Ahlborn as I've had my eye on that one!

Leave a comment:

• Chuggers
    replied
    Took a flier on one of the last grab bag offerings, which I was nervous about since the last one I got contained a duplicate of a title I already owned. But the quality of that last "bag" plus the video I'd seen of another recipient during that wave was too tempting to pass on. Very happy with what I received in the mail yesterday.
    Ania Ahlborn's If You See Her, Suntup Editions 
     Paul Tremblay's No Sleep Til Wonderland, SST &
    THE Living Dead by G. Romero & D. Kraus, SST.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X