No announcement yet.

SST Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happened to me when Chainsaw sold out pre-announcement. I contacted Paul and he said he held back some copies and subsequently offered me one.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

If it's the one that went out yesterday, I've been getting that author's titles through Camelot and will continue to do so.
      I’m doing the same. I like going through Camelot for that reason. Take the guess work and stress out of these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I’m doing the same. I like going through Camelot for that reason. Take the guess work and stress out of these situations.
        Absolutely. They have saved me from missing out on so many titles...

Comment

I did send an email to Paul and basically whined that I missed out which was a bummer since I had been buying all of these direct from them. Didn't hear anything for until this morning - Paul sent me an email saying he held back a few copies just for this reason, and invoiced me for a copy. So crisis averted. I may not have been able to use my discount codes, but honestly I can't complain about it. So another satisfied SST customer!

(Part of me was feeling like who cares, it's just a book, but then the completist collector part of me was yelling at the clouds.)

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          SST is not Gauntlet and I would not be surprised if they could help you.
          ABSO-EFFIN-LUTELY they're not like Gauntlet.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            I did send an email to Paul and basically whined that I missed out which was a bummer since I had been buying all of these direct from them. Didn't hear anything for until this morning - Paul sent me an email saying he held back a few copies just for this reason, and invoiced me for a copy. So crisis averted. I may not have been able to use my discount codes, but honestly I can't complain about it. So another satisfied SST customer!

(Part of me was feeling like who cares, it's just a book, but then the completist collector part of me was yelling at the clouds.)

Glad he was in a position to take care of you!

Comment

Congrats and this is what sets companies apart from one another.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

This was a pass. I love SST books but SGJ hasn't done anything for me. Better to let someone who enjoys his work get a copy for a reasonable price then have to worry about the secondary market

Comment

Print run increased after sell-out! Let the debate begin.

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                    Print run increased after sell-out! Let the debate begin.
                    Yeah, I saw that. I don’t have a dog in the fight, as I didn’t order the book, but generally speaking it’s not a practice I like to see.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have previously stated my views on the subject. So, I will just concur with Ron here.

Comment

Yeah, am definitely annoyed, but, not enough to cancel my order. Feel like he should have made the extra 100 unsigned trade editions, but, perhaps he cannot do that per the contract. Just checked and it looks like the extra 100 copies have already sold out again; so, I'm sure SST is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          Yeah, am definitely annoyed, but, not enough to cancel my order. Feel like he should have made the extra 100 unsigned trade editions, but, perhaps he cannot do that per the contract. Just checked and it looks like the extra 100 copies have already sold out again; so, I'm sure SST is happy.
                          As a practice I don't like it and I think your option (to publish 100 extra unsigned) is a great solution for those who missed out without pissing off those who ordered a signed copy. BUT I happen to love SST so I'm playing the DOUBLE STANDARD Uno card, used by hypocrites and cheats around the internet, and claiming "I don't have a problem with it in this case!"

Seriously, though, if this was Borderlands I'd be all over it with caps lock on.

Seriously seriously though, I imagine this will be a rare instance for Paul. He may increase print runs in the future since so many seem to sell out immediately now.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

As a practice I don't like it and I think your option (to publish 100 extra unsigned) is a great solution for those who missed out without pissing off those who ordered a signed copy. BUT I happen to love SST so I'm playing the DOUBLE STANDARD Uno card, used by hypocrites and cheats around the internet, and claiming "I don't have a problem with it in this case!"

Seriously, though, if this was Borderlands I'd be all over it with caps lock on.

Seriously seriously though, I imagine this will be a rare instance for Paul. He may increase print runs in the future since so many seem to sell out immediately now.
                            Yeah, I happen to love me some SST too which is why I'm not cancel my order mad. I just hope that increasing the print run after the fact doesn't become a standard workaround for Paul ala Borderlands.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I have had nothing but positive experiences with SST and do not hesitate to support his business when he publishes a book that I have interest in. Making a habit of this would alter my views.

Comment

I think this situation is fundamentally different than the similar situation(s) I suspect most are thinking of in that this is a) being announced, b) being announced well in advance of publication, and c) will very likely NOT result in signature pages with different limitations. I'm 100% fine with how this is being handled.

Comment

Working...
                                X