No announcement yet.

SST Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What in particular do you enjoy in this book? His writing style, story, or is it personal to you in some way?

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Since I've seen the book posted to other vendor websites, I'm assuming that it is ok to now mention that the book is "I Was A Teenage Slasher" by Stephen Graham Jones. I know not everyone on the forum enjoys his stuff, but I am a big fan and very excited for this book. Glad I held off picking up a trade copy before this as I don't have the space for dupe books any longer.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      What in particular do you enjoy in this book? His writing style, story, or is it personal to you in some way?

Haven't read this book yet; so, I can't speak to this particular story, but in general, I enjoy the author's style/voice; however, you want to put it. He's kind of evolved into his own genre, a bit like Lansdale. You could read a book without knowing the author/title and know if it's by SGJ. I also like how his stuff has a literary feel to it but doesn't feel highfalutin. His story plots are usually pretty fun and show a love on the genre and its' fans. You can tell SGJ would never apologize for being a horror author. Overall, his stuff just seems to work for me.

Comment

Working...
      X