X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! Ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      I have all three books in their signed trade 1st-ed. HC, so will likely pass...I just need to start being more selective. It sure is giving me pause, though, as the first one is among one of my favorite horror novels. So still mulling it over, if I’m going to be honest with myself.
      Well, almost three months later to the day, I weakened and pulled the trigger of A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS this morning...as one of my favorite books of the last decade, I just couldn't let the limited of that one go by w/out securing a copy. I do hope the add'l extras that are promised are substantial, but either way, I'll be glad to have this one on my shelf, right next to my signed trade HC 1st.

I won't be doing ROCK or CABIN, though. While both were decent reads, neither compared to the experience I had w/ HEAD.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Well, almost three months later to the day, I weakened and pulled the trigger of A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS this morning...as one of my favorite books of the last decade, I just couldn't let the limited of that one go by w/out securing a copy. I do hope the add'l extras that are promised are substantial, but either way, I'll be glad to have this one on my shelf, right next to my signed trade HC 1st.

I won't be doing ROCK or CABIN, though. While both were decent reads, neither compared to the experience I had w/ HEAD.
        I'm really looking forward to it. I'm down for the set. So I really hope I like his stuff!

Comment

Enjoyed seeing the edition of HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS in your new video, Jeff...beautiful book, really makes me anxious for mine to arrive!

Comment

That looks like a beautiful edition. Head Full of Ghosts is the only Tremblay novel I have read so far but I did enjoy it.

Comment

I too loved that video. Can't wait for my copy to arrive. Did anyone else to overboard on Friday with the SST email? They have now taken me for 2 more books.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                I too loved that video. Can't wait for my copy to arrive. Did anyone else to overboard on Friday with the SST email? They have now taken me for 2 more books.
                Just the one for me.

Comment

It is a beauty. I'm a sucker for Serra's work, though. And I think SST is a great press. Their books are priced right and well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    That looks like a beautiful edition. Head Full of Ghosts is the only Tremblay novel I have read so far but I did enjoy it.
                    I think it'll be up next for me after I finish my re-read of Tommyknockers. I'm on the hook for all the SST Tremblay books so I better love it.

Comment

Thank you! I didn't bite on the two new offerings . . . yet. I am getting a different edition for one of them so I probably won't get it from SST. But I'm really considering the other one.

Comment

Toyed with the idea of the one that is probably of less interest to most than the other, but I already have another mm edition of it, so not sure.

Comment

Since they announced both today I can say that I went for both because The Silence was such a great book that I wanted it and n a limited edition. I had to go for magic feather because I needed it to match the button box.

Comment

Since they announced both today I can say that I went for both because The Silence was such a great book that I wanted it and n a limited edition. I had to go for magic feather because I needed it to match the button box.
                            I didn't get SST's GBB so I passed on GMF. Because HAD I bought GMF, I would have had to buy GBB and try to wrangle matching numbers and that's a lot for books I already own or have on pre-order in pretty sweet editions. But I just jumped on THE SILENCE. The fact that the pound to dollar conversion rate is a little lower played a factor. I really didn't want to start in with a new author considering I'm already committed to four Tremblay books and over $1k in Joe Hill books even though I've never read a word from either of them. UGH. But it's a happy problem I guess.

Comment

SST does not appear to want my money. I have tried multiple times to sign up for their email list and never get the confirmation email from them. How did those of you who are receiving emails from them sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                SST does not appear to want my money. I have tried multiple times to sign up for their email list and never get the confirmation email from them. How did those of you who are receiving emails from them sign up?
                                THAT'S weird. I would email Paul Fry directly. [email protected] He's really responsive and I can't imagine he couldn't iron it out for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X