Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signed Thomas Harris book for under $20...? Yes, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Received word a few days ago that I would be receiving a signed UK copy!

Do you think all the signed copies sold by B&N could be facsimile sigs?
    I'm with Jeff...confused on the above, Brian. From who did you receive word? From B&N based on your order of the U.S. signed or...?

As far as facsimile, no, I continue to believe they will be true signed HCs, not facsimiles. B&N knows what facsimiles are and the signed book was not advertised as such.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied

I'm confused, are you saying that you're getting a signed UK copy through Barnes and Noble? Or is this something unrelated to the B&N signed offer?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    The didn't provide much description other than "signed" copy. I would be surprised if it's a facsimile but I suppose it's possible.

Congrats on the signed UK copy!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Well this thread got derailed. If Harris sees this none of our copies will be signed. . Unless Jeff is still up to the task

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Better thought. Make a series of YouTube videos of you reading The Mailman out loud. Brian can watch it at his leisure and I am sure you would gain a new appreciation of what you missed on the first read!
    THAT would make for some interesting content. I'm going to take it under consideration.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Better thought. Make a series of YouTube videos of you reading The Mailman out loud. Brian can watch it at his leisure and I am sure you would gain a new appreciation of what you missed on the first read!
    Excellent idea!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Ok, well then I'll call you every night and read it to you. No wait, that will just cause me to go into a rage at the inanity of it all.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Ok, well then I'll call you every night and read it to you. No wait, that will just cause me to go into a rage at the inanity of it all.
    I'd sleep well though!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    LOL. It'd have to be on audio since that's the only way I read these days.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    AH! Then you must and you must report back! And I will bribe you beforehand. Was I not supposed to write that last sentence for all to see. No matter. I even have a copy of The Mailman I can send you!
    LOL. It'd have to be on audio since that's the only way I read these days.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I wonder if his copy was signed...
    Inscribed.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    AH! Then you must and you must report back! And I will bribe you beforehand. Was I not supposed to write that last sentence for all to see. No matter. I even have a copy of The Mailman I can send you!
    The Mailman is a great read!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Curmudgeon approved. I like your post.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Probably. That era is my sweet spot for film comedies, too, along with music in general. Some things just get locked in the psyche when you’re growing up, and it’s hard to replace the permanent imprint they create. And I’m okay with that and, in fact, feel fortunate to have grown up then....I look around at the film comedies and music of today, and I feel sorry for the kids who are imprinted by them.

Spoken like a growing curmudgeon, I suppose, but it’s true.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by One eyed cat View Post
    Agreed, I often default to the late 70's early 80's comedies. Might be an age thing.
    Probably. That era is my sweet spot for film comedies, too, along with music in general. Some things just get locked in the psyche when you’re growing up, and it’s hard to replace the permanent imprint they create. And I’m okay with that and, in fact, feel fortunate to have grown up then....I look around at the film comedies and music of today, and I feel sorry for the kids who are imprinted by them.

Spoken like a growing curmudgeon, I suppose, but it’s true.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X