Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I think Ron has some pretty good guesses. I will likely pass on all of these unless it's KPB in April. I'm guessing it's Clive Barker though.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Thanks for that info! Those aren't bad guesses at all!  Had no idea Of Mice and Men was considered a novella.  Would probably pass on all of these guesses, unless April ended up being something from KPB.  

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Someone at TDT suggested these, and they all seem to make a fair degree of sense:
    April - 'The Hellbound Heart' or something again from Kealan Patrick Burke
    May - 'Of Mice and Men'
    June - 'Don Quixote'

Thanks for that info! Those aren't bad guesses at all!  Had no idea Of Mice and Men was considered a novella.  Would probably pass on all of these guesses, unless April ended up being something from KPB.  

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Always love when we receive the next quarter's announcement email, but man, this time I am completely stumped! Anyone have any guesses...

April: All copies are signed by the author, who happens to also be the artist

May: A classic work of American literature that explores the harsh reality of the American dream, this tragic novella was written by one of the most important and influential writers of the 20th century.

June: An epic masterpiece hailed as one of the greatest works of world literature, All copies are signed by the translator, a preeminent scholar known for the most beautiful and highly regarded translation of the work.
    Someone at TDT suggested these, and they all seem to make a fair degree of sense:
    April - 'The Hellbound Heart' or something again from Kealan Patrick Burke
    May - 'Of Mice and Men'
    June - 'Don Quixote'

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Always love when we receive the next quarter's announcement email, but man, this time I am completely stumped! Anyone have any guesses...

April: All copies are signed by the author, who happens to also be the artist

May: A classic work of American literature that explores the harsh reality of the American dream, this tragic novella was written by one of the most important and influential writers of the 20th century.

June: An epic masterpiece hailed as one of the greatest works of world literature, All copies are signed by the translator, a preeminent scholar known for the most beautiful and highly regarded translation of the work.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Ron, I'm also a huge Matheson fan, but I agree about the price. I want to be able to have the budget to afford something like this, but it's just not in the cards. I was also excited about the art print because, beyond King, we rarely get something like this for other horror literature, but $175 is also just too much for me to have on the wall. Like you, envy in me will reign supreme for all those that can afford or willing to spend that much on these items.
    I swung for the print. It's more than I should be spending, but I justified it by it being printed on handmade paper from 1982.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

They are doing a heavily illustrated slipcased edition of Joe Hill's " "Late Returns" from his last collection. I happened to see it earlier this week when I was randomly looking at their pre-order page. If I recall, I think it was $150. I believe they may have taken down the order page due to being annoyed by early inquiries from non rights-holders (owners of last Hill title from them). I also believe it has a smaller print run than his last SubPress collection too.
    Thank you! I will watch for it in case it is something I would be willing to buy.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I did purchase today's offering. What is this Joe Hill offering from Sub Press? Checked their website and reviewed the last month's emails from them and I see no mention of Joe Hill.
    They are doing a heavily illustrated slipcased edition of Joe Hill's " "Late Returns" from his last collection. I happened to see it earlier this week when I was randomly looking at their pre-order page. If I recall, I think it was $150. I believe they may have taken down the order page due to being annoyed by early inquiries from non rights-holders (owners of last Hill title from them). I also believe it has a smaller print run than his last SubPress collection too.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I did purchase today's offering. What is this Joe Hill offering from Sub Press? Checked their website and reviewed the last month's emails from them and I see no mention of Joe Hill.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

I'm with you guys! While envious of those rich enough to buy these sorts of items, my book budget & tastes prevent it. As lavish as the production's usually are, I'm not a big fan of single stories from collections getting the limited treatment. I'm passing on the upcoming Joe Hill story from SubPress for that very reason. Also, there are still so many deserving novels and collections that haven't gotten the limited treatment, and I would rather see publishers focus on those books. Also, much like you, I would much rather put that $250 toward whole/multiple books rather than a single story. In a way, my wallet is very happy that this was the March announcement as it needed a rest after the recent Thunderstorm and PS purchases.
    Yeah, I'm passing on that new Joe Hill from Sub Press for the reasons you listed. Lines have to be drawn somewhere and that's okay because not everything has to be for me or my tastes. While neither the Matheson Suntup or Joe Hill Sub Press are hit my collecting preferences, I'm glad they are being produced as I like seeing this variety in productions.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Ron, I'm also a huge Matheson fan, but I agree about the price. I want to be able to have the budget to afford something like this, but it's just not in the cards. I was also excited about the art print because, beyond King, we rarely get something like this for other horror literature, but $175 is also just too much for me to have on the wall. Like you, envy in me will reign supreme for all those that can afford or willing to spend that much on these items.
    I'm with you guys! While envious of those rich enough to buy these sorts of items, my book budget & tastes prevent it. As lavish as the production's usually are, I'm not a big fan of single stories from collections getting the limited treatment. I'm passing on the upcoming Joe Hill story from SubPress for that very reason. Also, there are still so many deserving novels and collections that haven't gotten the limited treatment, and I would rather see publishers focus on those books. Also, much like you, I would much rather put that $250 toward whole/multiple books rather than a single story. In a way, my wallet is very happy that this was the March announcement as it needed a rest after the recent Thunderstorm and PS purchases.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Today's new announcement: BORN OF MAN AND WOMAN. I love Richard Matheson as much as anybody and probably more than most, and was temporarily excited when I thought it was the collection in its entirety, but $250 for a 16-page paper pamphlet? Not in the budget, unfortunately, but I can't help but envy those who pull the trigger on it.
    https://suntup.press/born-of-man-and-woman/

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Today's new announcement: BORN OF MAN AND WOMAN. I love Richard Matheson as much as anybody and probably more than most, and was temporarily excited when I thought it was the collection in its entirety, but $250 for a 16-page paper pamphlet? Not in the budget, unfortunately, but I can't help but envy those who pull the trigger on it.
    https://suntup.press/born-of-man-and-woman/

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Looks like Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier is today's book. Very nice, but the cost is too rich for my blood. Funny enough, if there was an AGE, I probably would have grabbed it as this is one of those stories that I have always meant to get around to reading.
    Same. I was ready to click Buy for the AGE but saw there wasn't one. More money for tools and wood!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Looks like Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier is today's book. Very nice, but the cost is too rich for my blood. Funny enough, if there was an AGE, I probably would have grabbed it as this is one of those stories that I have always meant to get around to reading.
    I got the ebook a while ago meaning to read it before the Suntup edition came out, but never got around to it. I'm not into the gothic theme at all, but I'll give it a shot at some point. No way I'd pay for a Numbered Suntup, though. 

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X