No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll throw in my guess for the Science Fiction book. I’ll go with “Ready Player One”. It was written in 2011 so “a few years ago” and virtual reality plays a large part in the book which lines up with “one of the best books of any year…or any reality.” I’m probably completely off base but that was what came to my mind anyways.

Comment

Sub Press has one of these.

https://subterraneanpress.com/cline-ready-player-one

This doesn't mean Paul wouldn't throw his hat in the ring though.

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
      I’ll throw in my guess for the Science Fiction book. I’ll go with “Ready Player One”. It was written in 2011 so “a few years ago” and virtual reality plays a large part in the book which lines up with “one of the best books of any year…or any reality.” I’m probably completely off base but that was what came to my mind anyways.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Oct seems likely, especially with the recent butterfly clue.
        Nov would be interesting...I love Crouch's stuff, and I do think DARK MATTER is his best novel, but I'd be hardpressed to think of his work as having the classic merit worthy of the Suntup treatment. That said, I'd probably buy it.
        Nov (2) also seems a wise guess, though I wasn't a fan of the book.
        If Dec is correct, jeffingoff will be thrilled.
        I've been shaking since I read the clue. At first I told myself that it's got to be Wasp Factory. But that don't check out. At this point, if it's not Butcher Boy I'll be very busted up.

Comment

Dark Matter is a very solid novel, though I'd rather see The Fold by Peter Clines. Though it's more likely to be Dark Matter.

That being said, if anyone has read and enjoyed Dark Matter, you should also read The Fold. It's reality-bending, dimension-swapping sci-fi at its finest!

Comment

Hot damn! Glad to hear from another fan of Peter Clines. Starting reading him when his Ex series was being put out by Permutated Press. He is a very good author and writes fun and interesting stories.

Originally posted by Splync View Post
            Dark Matter is a very solid novel, though I'd rather see The Fold by Peter Clines. Though it's more likely to be Dark Matter.

That being said, if anyone has read and enjoyed Dark Matter, you should also read The Fold. It's reality-bending, dimension-swapping sci-fi at its finest!

Comment

Wall Street Journal today says Netflix will buy Roald Dahl catalog and produce new Chocolate Factory series. Suntup was probably lucky to get the rights when they did and a new series will probably increase interest in the Chocolate Factory books.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Eric Vornoff View Post
                Wall Street Journal today says Netflix will buy Roald Dahl catalog and produce new Chocolate Factory series. Suntup was probably lucky to get the rights when they did and a new series will probably increase interest in the Chocolate Factory books.
                I saw that article too; although, I assumed that the Netflix deal was only for the movie/streaming rights as opposed to the book rights. I'm sure that any new Dahl series/movies that Netflix will be doing will drum up interest in Dahl's books; however, I doubt that the casual reader would be willing to pay the $190 list price for the Suntup AGE Wonka book let alone what that sold out book may fetch on the aftermarket. Hopefully I am wrong as I did purchase an AGE copy. If I ever do decide to sell it, I wouldn't mind turning a profit.

Comment

Received my AE of 1984 today from Camelot. They included a note regarding the slipcases and DJ's and that many were already replaced by Suntup.The slipcase looks amazing although a bit snug for the book. The book itself is a rock star. The illustrations are insane and I love them. The DJ is another matter and there are red sections that appear to be flaking away.

I will not return the book but I am saddened that this issue occurred. I'm sure Paul isn't pleased either but I wish they could issue alternate DJs that will not have the red flake off of them.

I have intentions to show this book off but I am worried about additional damage to the DJ from handling it to much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Received my AE of 1984 today from Camelot. They included a note regarding the slipcases and DJ's and that many were already replaced by Suntup.The slipcase looks amazing although a bit snug for the book. The book itself is a rock star. The illustrations are insane and I love them. The DJ is another matter and there are red sections that appear to be flaking away.

I will not return the book but I am saddened that this issue occurred. I'm sure Paul isn't pleased either but I wish they could issue alternate DJs that will not have the red flake off of them.

I have intentions to show this book off but I am worried about additional damage to the DJ from handling it to much.
                    Agreed, the production is fantastic. I have a little flaking also, but my Brodart cover seems to be keeping it at bay.

Sending you a PM.

Mulleins
                    I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Note received. Thanks!

Originally posted by mulleins View Post

Agreed, the production is fantastic. I have a little flaking also, but my Brodart cover seems to be keeping it at bay.

Sending you a PM.

Mulleins

Comment

Looking forward to the Jaws cube!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Looking forward to the Jaws cube!
                          I thought I had time and missed out.

Comment

I scrolled right by the print looking for the cube. So missed out on that. Missed out on the numbered as well since I've been off the boat for awhile. I grabbed the AE though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              I scrolled right by the print looking for the cube. So missed out on that. Missed out on the numbered as well since I've been off the boat for awhile. I grabbed the AE though.
                              I did not intend to purchase the print. Ordered the books and figured I had time to think about the cube, decided I wanted it and it was gone.

Comment

To get ready for this weeks 'The Collector' announcement I watched the movie again. I am also heading to the beach this weekend and may be listening to the audiobook during the drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X