No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think Suntup publishing this edition will have any effect on the pricing of Centipede's? I ask because I have the Centipede version - never read it, barely looked at - still haven't read these books - and seeing if it was worth selling. Who knows. I've rarely sold a book anyway; who am I kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      Do you think Suntup publishing this edition will have any effect on the pricing of Centipede's? I ask because I have the Centipede version - never read it, barely looked at - still haven't read these books - and seeing if it was worth selling. Who knows. I've rarely sold a book anyway; who am I kidding?
      I don’t think it’ll have much, if any, impact on the value of the Centipede set. They’re too distinctly different in form — individual volumes vs omnibus — and, as well, each press has its own good number of dedicated fans. Yes, there’s some overlap, but I think it’s more smaller than some might imagine…probably because few can afford to collect the numbered editions of both presses on a dedicated, consistent scale.

As an aside, you really should read it before selling…it’s a wonderful story. You might even decide to keep it after reading it…
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I agree with Ron. I don’t see much decline on the Centipede editions when done by Suntup. Heck, I believe Camelot sold a copy of Centipede’s edition of THE AUCTIONEER for close to a grand recently.

I also agree there’s not a lot of overlap between customers. I had to make a very early choice between the two due to not being able to afford both and chose Centipede. I wish I could afford both, but that’s not in the financial cards.

Comment

I have bought a few Suntup titles, but I'm primarily a Centipede guy as well.

Comment

Just a suggestion. If you have not read Blackwater yet, stop looking at the art. I have not read it, but if you put it all together, it feels like a good spoiler is given.

Comment

Well the book bug partially bit me again. I didn't purchase this one, or any other collectable copy for that matter, but I did purchase a HC edition of this book. Looking forward to reading it again after many years.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I've always intended to read the Blackwater books, just never got around to it. I've said it before a few times, but after losing my stupid long commute when I moved to Colorado, my reading has suffered. It's almost a chore sometimes.

There's a chance I have the Kindle version so that'll be easier to read than the CP editions.

Comment

Any more updates on the AE of 1984? I see earlier last month there was an update but curious if those pesky slipcases showed up yet and if this are prepping to ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Any more updates on the AE of 1984? I see earlier last month there was an update but curious if those pesky slipcases showed up yet and if this are prepping to ship.
                    The slipcases are all done now. I imagine the 1984 AE will ship right after the Silence of the Lambs numbered edition. Which is shipping now.

Comment

Thanks. Mine needs to make it's way to Camelot first so I will have a little extra wait. However I am pumped that this is getting so very close to going out. I am ready and willing to send Kim some money. :-)

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

The slipcases are all done now. I imagine the 1984 AE will ship right after the Silence of the Lambs numbered edition. Which is shipping now.

Comment

Well this takes me from about 75% sure Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will be the next book to about 90% sure.

Comment

Cool. Hope this is a homerun for them.

If it is then I can relax. This is not a book I've ever felt compelled to have a limited edition of.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Well this takes me from about 75% sure Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will be the next book to about 90% sure.

Comment

If it is then I can relax. This is not a book I've ever felt compelled to have a limited edition of.

I don't really read YA fiction anymore; so, for me, at least with this one, it will all come down to the price. Wouldn't mind having an AGE copy, but, not at the 150-200 price that the last few releases have been offered at. If the AGE is under a 100, then I may consider the purchase to keep my AGE set of Suntup books complete.

Comment

Same here, I have no interest in spending money on this one. Besides, Dune is coming soon!

Comment

I remember Paul doing a survey a while ago. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory topped the survey chart for several collectors. The story holds many memories for me. It will be cherished.
                                I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Working...
                                X