No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I hadn't been thinking of The Auctioneer. It sounds like that actually WAS one of the best-selling horror novels of the 70s, so that's more likely.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed by that since Centipede already did a special edition. But I'm sure it'll be phenomenal!

Comment

Okay, so I've been firmly in the "I really like what Suntup is doing but the books don't quite hit my sweet spot, especially at that price point" camp. After the new email, I might be changing my tune. If all guesses are correct about the next title being LET THE RIGHT ONE IN then I am firmly ready to jump in on a limited. This has been near the top of my wish list for a limited and hope this is the title. I am doubting that I'll be able to get a copy due to demand, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This is actually the first Suntup announcement I'm really excited about.

As for the second title, I'm not a huge science fiction fan, so it might be a pass. BUT if the third title is LET'S GO PLAY AT THE ADAMS' then I will be all over a limited for that one as well. So...I could be in for two, if not all three titles coming up, if available. Now if the books is THE AUCTIONEER, then it'll be a pass as I'd rather shell out for the Centipede edition so it will (a) get me a copy of the book and (b) fill a hole in the Centipede collection, killing two birds with one stone.

Now if I someone get in on all three books, that's really gonna blow up the budget for the year...

Comment

Would also be excited for "LET THE RIGHT ONE INLET THE RIGHT ONE IN". Have always wanted to read this story but have never located a used hardcover copy at any of the bookstores I frequent. Would only be able to afford the artist edition but that would be fine with me as Suntup artist editions always turn out pretty great.

Comment

Browsed around TDT.org and seems some chatter about REPLAY. I read that years ago and remember liking it quite a bit. If Suntup did an edition of that one, I’d be on for it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
            Would also be excited for "LET THE RIGHT ONE INLET THE RIGHT ONE IN". Have always wanted to read this story but have never located a used hardcover copy at any of the bookstores I frequent. Would only be able to afford the artist edition but that would be fine with me as Suntup artist editions always turn out pretty great.
            Me Too!

Comment

Interesting email from Suntup today. For those that didn't get the email or haven't read it yet, essentially Paul is going to increase the print run of future titles up to 350 copies for the limited edition. There's also been an update to the order limit policy, limiting each buyer to only one copy of the limited or lettered editions, unless "grandfathered" in as a registered owner prior to July 1, 2020, then you can buy two copies.

I'm sure people will have their thoughts on these, but I, for one, applaud Paul for these steps. The increased print run for the limited editions is not large by any means, but it does allow for more customers to get their hands on copies and will help broaden Suntup's customer base for limited editions to expand to "occasional buyers" versus just relying on the diehard Suntup collectors. The order limit policy doesn't ruffle my feathers since books are always offered first to previous "rights holders" and this type of system could be abused by resellers. I think both are a good move by Paul.

Here's to LET THE RIGHT ONE IN being 350 copies of I have a fighting chance! (Yes, I know that the print runs are increased for books not already in production. But a man can hope, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                Interesting email from Suntup today. For those that didn't get the email or haven't read it yet, essentially Paul is going to increase the print run of future titles up to 350 copies for the limited edition. There's also been an update to the order limit policy, limiting each buyer to only one copy of the limited or lettered editions, unless "grandfathered" in as a registered owner prior to July 1, 2020, then you can buy two copies.

I'm sure people will have their thoughts on these, but I, for one, applaud Paul for these steps. The increased print run for the limited editions is not large by any means, but it does allow for more customers to get their hands on copies and will help broaden Suntup's customer base for limited editions to expand to "occasional buyers" versus just relying on the diehard Suntup collectors. The order limit policy doesn't ruffle my feathers since books are always offered first to previous "rights holders" and this type of system could be abused by resellers. I think both are a good move by Paul.

Here's to LET THE RIGHT ONE IN being 350 copies of I have a fighting chance! (Yes, I know that the print runs are increased for books not already in production. But a man can hope, right?)
                Order limit policy is something we've done before on really high demand stuff. Sometimes it's very, very necessary.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

Order limit policy is something we've done before on really high demand stuff. Sometimes it's very, very necessary.
                  No doubt. We deal with stuff like this occasionally in my line of work and it is absolutely necessary in certain situations to step in To ensure that the most customers can be taken care of. Sometimes it’s just a mathematical equation: I can either make 10 people happy and 100 mad, or make 10 people mad and 100 people happy. It’s not a fun choice to make in business but sometimes necessary.

Comment

I thought that was a wise move on Paul's part -- still keeps the books limited to a default number that is still less than most other small presses (Thunderstorm is, perhaps, the only exception) and allows his fine works to get in more hands.

I do wonder, though, if economy of scale will kick in and decrease the cost of his books with this new production number. I have no idea how his costs break down, so perhaps this modest increase of limitation will have negligible impact...but it would certainly be nice to see that happen, if possible.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I appreciate the fact that books with already printed limitation pages will not be changed. I have no issue with him producing more copies going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I appreciate the fact that books with already printed limitation pages will not be changed. I have no issue with him producing more copies going forward.
                        I agree, especially once something is announced I don't think limitations should be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          I thought that was a wise move on Paul's part -- still keeps the books limited to a default number that is still less than most other small presses (Thunderstorm is, perhaps, the only exception) and allows his fine works to get in more hands.

I do wonder, though, if economy of scale will kick in and decrease the cost of his books with this new production number. I have no idea how his costs break down, so perhaps this modest increase of limitation will have negligible impact...but it would certainly be nice to see that happen, if possible.
                          I, too, would like it if the price point on the limited editions would drop a little as that's what holds me back on a couple of instances, but I doubt that 100 copies will make that much of a difference overall.

Comment

I, too, would like it if the price point on the limited editions would drop a little as that's what holds me back on a couple of instances, but I doubt that 100 copies will make that much of a difference overall.
                            From experience I can tell you it most likely won't, especially given the way he produces his books. Economy of scale really only has an effect on material cost, not labor, and labor is a really big factor in producing books like they produce. There's a ton of handwork in their high end stuff, and hand work is very expensive.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I think this is a great move. I thought he might bump it to 300 initially but he went for it with +100. I think any book not yet announced is fair game for the increased print run--that includes this month's release. Though I'd imagine Paul already got those signature pages signed and therefore we'll see the run remain 250.

Going forward, I'd expect the ones that are limited to 250 will sell out immediately since people know the print run is about to expand and they may want to secure the below 251 number. Though I think Paul should TRY to structure the releases and announcements so that once the run goes up it stays up. Because there will be those who might get number 322, for example, and then if the next release is only 250, they'll get denied that matching preorder. I guess they just need to know that before buying and I'm sure Paul will remind his customers as he goes. That will probably be the only hiccup.

I also think this will drive up the demand for the previous releases.

Comment

I like the idea of a few more copies available. I'm happy with the gift editions,however once in a while a book does come along that I now have a better opportunity to secure copy of. Wish this was going to start with the next one as I'm gonna have to be quick if it's Let The Right One In and it doesn't well out during the presales.

Comment

Working...
                                X