X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone else pick-up a copy of "Hell House"? I know that it was pricey, but I couldn't resist. I have always wanted to read this story but could never find a nice hardcover copy. Two birds-one stone! The art also looks amazing, and I'm a fan of all three people who are signing it!
    Very pleased with this offering. Easy purchase for me.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Anyone else pick-up a copy of "Hell House"? I know that it was pricey, but I couldn't resist. I have always wanted to read this story but could never find a nice hardcover copy. Two birds-one stone! The art also looks amazing, and I'm a fan of all three people who are signing it!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Well, I was wrong about "Sleepy Hollow." Looks like it's "The Yellow Wall-paper," which is a stone-cold classic. I've had to study it for two of my English classes and the story is so well crafted. I don't know if I need to spend $325 on it, though.
    While I agree that it's a classic, it was an easy pass for me at that price point. I'd much rather spend that $325 on other upcoming titles. Hope it does well for Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Well, I was wrong about "Sleepy Hollow." Looks like it's "The Yellow Wall-paper," which is a stone-cold classic. I've had to study it for two of my English classes and the story is so well crafted. I don't know if I need to spend $325 on it, though.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I’m thinking “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” by Washington Irving for October. November sure sounds like Matheson’s HELL HOUSE. As for the December title, maybe another one by Ania Ahlborn?
    I'm thinking the same!

Ahlborn hasn't published anything since Palmetto (first published by Thunderstorm) and Dark Across the Bay (first published by Earthling), so I'm very excited!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I’m thinking “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” by Washington Irving for October. November sure sounds like Matheson’s HELL HOUSE. As for the December title, maybe another one by Ania Ahlborn?

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just saw the hints for Suntup's next quarter. I really home November is Matheson's Hell House. I've always wanted a nice copy.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Just read it this past week. It was a masterpiece.
    Well, Jesh! Now I wish I would have grabbed a copy! Maybe Paul will have a dinged copy up the road or perhaps I will have some luck on the aftermarket once it has been out a while. Glad to hear that it lives up the rep. Have heard the name plenty but always assumed that it was your typical YA book which usually isn't my thing.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone picking up today's new book, The Last Unicorn? I've never read it and will probably pass, but it looks great. Maybe an aftermarket copy up the road...
    Just read it this past week. It was a masterpiece.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    I picked a copy too.

Classic edition out of print before 4:00.

B

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I only have passing knowledge of the story, but I am intrigued enough that did order,

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Anyone picking up today's new book, The Last Unicorn? I've never read it and will probably pass, but it looks great. Maybe an aftermarket copy up the road...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I was tempted to purchase this, but finances dictated otherwise, however this did prompt me to pick up a nice 1st 1st HC.

The book sounded really intriguing to me, but reviews led me to think this might be more of a paperback purchase for me, rather than an expensive limited edition. Â

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I was shocked to see it sold out on the first day - for a book not many people seem to be aware of, that's pretty good.

It was definitely an interesting story - glad I got a copy.
    Same here. I read it last month and liked it a lot more than expected. I was keeping an eye on the sales numbers on the Suntup site, and when it was down to seventy-something, I decided to buy a copy. 
    Last edited by Dave1442397; 08-19-2023, 11:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I was shocked to see it sold out on the first day - for a book not many people seem to be aware of, that's pretty good.

It was definitely an interesting story - glad I got a copy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X