Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I hate talking about it before the order is public. BUT there is bonus content that seems very robust.
    Yes - did you notice who wrote the introduction?

I'm going to pass, though. It's a great set, but not one that I need or would regret not having.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      Yes - did you notice who wrote the introduction?

I'm going to pass, though. It's a great set, but not one that I need or would regret not having.
      I wouldn't even consider this set from any other publisher. If money was not an issue I'd buy it. But these titles don't approach a must-have for me. And I need to watch that bottom line and pick my battles.

Comment

I don't know what this set is but I can't wait to drool over whatever it is.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          I don't know what this set is but I can't wait to drool over whatever it is.
          If I am remembering correctly it has been described as three related books, not a trilogy and something you would not expect from Suntup. Based on that I think I figured it out:

Mastering the Art of French Cooking - Julia Child
          Mastering the Art of French Cooking Volume Two - Julia Child
          The French Chef Cookbook - Julia Child

Just my opinion, I could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            If I am remembering correctly it has been described as three related books, not a trilogy and something you would not expect from Suntup. Based on that I think I figured it out:

Mastering the Art of French Cooking - Julia Child
            Mastering the Art of French Cooking Volume Two - Julia Child
            The French Chef Cookbook - Julia Child

Just my opinion, I could be wrong!
            No, someone obviously leaked this info to you! Way to spoil the surprise for others!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              No, someone obviously leaked this info to you! Way to spoil the surprise for others!
              Meant to use a spoiler tag, sorry!

Comment

Dan Aakroyd as Julia. Not for the sensitive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxv6IGBgFQ

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                  I'm not so sure too, considering i have it from Easton and Folio. The only factors are limitation and signatures, so I'm not finding any way to justify it to myself for any other reasons
                  I regretfully had to hop off the Suntup train with I Am Legend as well. Just couldn't justify (what would be to me with CA tax, shipping and finance fees) an $800 edition of that. Plus, if I'm honest- the mock up design just didn't do it for me. Was very happy with the Gift edition design, however, and happily ordered that instead. Still stings to miss out on this upcoming 3 book set (that isn't a "trilogy", according to one of Paul's posts at TDT.org..?), and I am as anxious to find out what it is as the rest. So, Easton and Folio have done editions, huh? Well, that gives me a few guesses, but I think I'll keep quiet for now. Interesting!

Comment

No one has crossed any lines here, as far as I've read, but this is your gentle reminder to keep information confidential until the publisher posts it publicly.

It's out of respect to Paul and every other hardworking publisher that we make this request, because every small publisher sometimes has to ask for a certain level of secrecy to offer a book and when people don't honor that, it causes headaches for the publisher.

Thank you!!

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

The good news is that I received my Horns Art Portfolio today and it is beautiful. The bad news is that I have to figure out how to re-work my Joe Hill bookcase to fit it.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                        I regretfully had to hop off the Suntup train with I Am Legend as well. Just couldn't justify (what would be to me with CA tax, shipping and finance fees) an $800 edition of that. Plus, if I'm honest- the mock up design just didn't do it for me. Was very happy with the Gift edition design, however, and happily ordered that instead. Still stings to miss out on this upcoming 3 book set (that isn't a "trilogy", according to one of Paul's posts at TDT.org..?), and I am as anxious to find out what it is as the rest. So, Easton and Folio have done editions, huh? Well, that gives me a few guesses, but I think I'll keep quiet for now. Interesting!
                        I disembarked with IAL as well but went with the AGE as those are a steal compared to the quality you get. It is odd being on the outside of the inner circle but maybe that will afford me future editions which I really like. Easton and Folio have probably done every book under the sun already.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        The good news is that I received my Horns Art Portfolio today and it is beautiful. The bad news is that I have to figure out how to re-work my Joe Hill bookcase to fit it.
                        Agreed, Martin! No clue how to display it properly as it's too tall to fit on any of my shelves. Maybe just end up displaying it on top of one along with the paperweight.

Comment

I’ve managed to hold off on a limited for IAL, but it still beckons to me late at night. I’m curious at to the new set. I’ll have to wait until Saturday to see if that will get me on the train. If it knocked Jeff off, I have my doubts I’ll be interested though as we seem to have similar tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            I’ve managed to hold off on a limited for IAL, but it still beckons to me late at night. I’m curious at to the new set. I’ll have to wait until Saturday to see if that will get me on the train. If it knocked Jeff off, I have my doubts I’ll be interested though as we seem to have similar tastes.
                            Ah, well, to be clear, I've been back to the product page about 5,000 times. And I don't count myself out until the set is sold out. I've read the first book in this set and enjoyed it. There are things I still reference from it every now and then. And the price on these books individually is very comfortable. But I also find myself in a quandary: I could buy them all one at a time, but then I'd lose the discount Paul is offering to those who buy the entire set up front. It's the set price that has me hesitating even though it's a fantastic price for three high quality Suntups. I just bought the numbered IAL (with no hesitation) and now this following right after forms a bit of a crunch for me. Especially when consider looming developments in my professional life. I would probably be knocked over the fence if I could lock in the discount but pay one at a time.

While these books don't sit in the sweet spot of what I love to read (like EVERY other book Paul has chosen!) these are highly respected works and the first once looks gorgeous (typical for a Suntup Book). I have no doubt that Paul won't need me to sell them all.

I've considered just buying the first one since it's one I've read and enjoyed. But what kind of maniac only buys one book in a three book set???

Other than my opinion, I don't believe that I'm sharing any information about this release that Paul hasn't already revealed--mainly regarding the discount when you buy all three at once.

Comment

I haven't read any of the books, but I still went for the set. I feel a burning need to keep my number (even though I missed out on Misery and Hill House and will therefore never have a full, matching Suntup set). At this point, my collection is getting so big, even though overall I've been very selective about what I buy for the past few years, that I look at things when they arrive and put them back in their boxes because there just isn't room for them anywhere. I guess I've reached the point of being a "problem collector."

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this weekend's email with pictures of Brother. I can't believe how beautiful this book looks. As for the announcement for this weekend....I have no idea what anyone is talking about and am waiting till Saturday for the public announcement to see what this talk is all about

Comment

Working...
                                X