No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks for that information. I haven't read this book in years. I was thrown off ,but not in a bad way. This is really another beautiful book from Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      No the back of the DJ has a different DJ for another book by another author. I tried to take a picture and upload it but I keep getting a you don't have permission to do this note. It is for a book called All of them Witches by J.R. Hanslet. It's a brown cover with a snake with its tail in its mouth.
      Spoiler alert! That is awesome though!

Comment

Okay, so I received my copy of ROSEMARY'S BABY today. I have not been on the Suntup train until recently and have been hesitant to jump on board with a new press, especially due to the high price of their editions. I wasn't even that interested in RB--once again, especially due to the limited edition price points--but was finally worn down by all the praise and picked up a copy of the AGE through Dark Regions.

Well, I haven't read the book yet, but I can say that the production values are fantastic. I wasn't expecting much from the AGE and figured I'd be maybe not underwhelmed but not quite blown away--

("I know you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?" "I think you can in Europe.")--

Suffice to say that Jeff's head will not explode when he reads this post. I was very impressed with the AGE of ROSEMARY. From the slipcase to the cloth materials to the endsheets, it feels like a substantial book and one well worth having. I can't say that my opinion of the cover art has changed that much, though it does look much better in person. And the reversible dustjacket is just awesome.

Now I'm pretty excited to get the limited of BROTHER and am this close to actually pulling the trigger on the limited of I AM LEGEND.

I'm not a full-blown fanboy yet, but I will be keeping a much closer eye on this press.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          Okay, so I received my copy of ROSEMARY'S BABY today. I have not been on the Suntup train until recently and have been hesitant to jump on board with a new press, especially due to the high price of their editions. I wasn't even that interested in RB--once again, especially due to the limited edition price points--but was finally worn down by all the praise and picked up a copy of the AGE through Dark Regions.

Well, I haven't read the book yet, but I can say that the production values are fantastic. I wasn't expecting much from the AGE and figured I'd be maybe not underwhelmed but not quite blown away--

("I know you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?" "I think you can in Europe.")--

Suffice to say that Jeff's head will not explode when he reads this post. I was very impressed with the AGE of ROSEMARY. From the slipcase to the cloth materials to the endsheets, it feels like a substantial book and one well worth having. I can't say that my opinion of the cover art has changed that much, though it does look much better in person. And the reversible dustjacket is just awesome.

Now I'm pretty excited to get the limited of BROTHER and am this close to actually pulling the trigger on the limited of I AM LEGEND.

I'm not a full-blown fanboy yet, but I will be keeping a much closer eye on this press.
          Suntup is doing some great work. I ordered the AGE of Rosemary's Baby through CDCC so I do not have my copy yet. I do have the AGE of Horns as well as the Limited of Horns and Misery. The limited editions are two of the most expensive books I have ever purchased but I feel both were well worth what I paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

My head certainly did not explode. Your post was a validation of all my frothing proclamations! So thank you. And I realize that to people who have never owned one or held one, my ravings can seem manic. But from the start, when I saw how much care and detail went into the AGE of Misery, I knew these books were something great. That was only confirmed again and again and again when I received Haunting of Hill House and two editions of Horns. I've seen pics of Rosemary's Baby and it looks like Paul has made his best AGE yet--cheaper than Misery and half the print run of Horns.

I know $700 is A LOT of money. So I can almost understand why there are still copies of the Numbered I Am Legend available. But what I don't get is why there are any AGEs of IAL left or why copies of Brother remain. I have the ARC of Brother and I think that book will also be exceptional. At the very least, Paul should have no problem clearing out his AGEs.

Anyway, I think there will be a lot of people kicking themselves for passing on the AGE of RB. That level of quality and there will be fewer available on the secondary.

I know this is all just my opinion. And I am a full fanboy. And not everyone shares my tastes. But I will be getting my private preorder notice on November 4th and deciding--do I buy all three at once or buy them one at a time?

Comment

As a budget collector I feel your passion and appreciate it. But spending $275 on a book is a big deal. I understand why there are LE's left of Brother at that price point. It is not a time tested novel which casual collectors, like myself, have history with. The AGE of IAL is more appealing and more aligned with my type of budget and certainly has a following.

I will note that I'm not a flipper/speculator so I don't buy for those reasons.

Either way I am beating a dead horse. At the end of the day if you have the finances for Suntup books it really sounds like they are of great quality.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                As a budget collector I feel your passion and appreciate it. But spending $275 on a book is a big deal. I understand why there are LE's left of Brother at that price point. It is not a time tested novel which casual collectors, like myself, have history with. The AGE of IAL is more appealing and more aligned with my type of budget and certainly has a following.

I will note that I'm not a flipper/speculator so I don't buy for those reasons.

Either way I am beating a dead horse. At the end of the day if you have the finances for Suntup books it really sounds like they are of great quality.
                Yes! Totally agree with you. Even $275 is a lot of money. I certainly shouldn't be so dismissive of it. In fact, I'm starting to sweat a couple of books I have on preorder at that same price from a different publisher. I guess my larger point isn't about price, it's about value. And I think Paul delivers books that are worth more than what he charges. Especially at the AGE level.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  My head certainly did not explode. Your post was a validation of all my frothing proclamations! So thank you. And I realize that to people who have never owned one or held one, my ravings can seem manic. But from the start, when I saw how much care and detail went into the AGE of Misery, I knew these books were something great. That was only confirmed again and again and again when I received Haunting of Hill House and two editions of Horns. I've seen pics of Rosemary's Baby and it looks like Paul has made his best AGE yet--cheaper than Misery and half the print run of Horns.

I know $700 is A LOT of money. So I can almost understand why there are still copies of the Numbered I Am Legend available. But what I don't get is why there are any AGEs of IAL left or why copies of Brother remain. I have the ARC of Brother and I think that book will also be exceptional. At the very least, Paul should have no problem clearing out his AGEs.

Anyway, I think there will be a lot of people kicking themselves for passing on the AGE of RB. That level of quality and there will be fewer available on the secondary.

I know this is all just my opinion. And I am a full fanboy. And not everyone shares my tastes. But I will be getting my private preorder notice on November 4th and deciding--do I buy all three at once or buy them one at a time?
                  I don't think your ravings seem manic, merely very enthusiastic. And that's kind of the point of these forums is to share that excitement with like-minded individuals. Now seeing Rosemary's Baby, I slightly regret not snagging AGEs of Misery and Horns. (Okay, mostly Misery; I'm still very much torn on Horns. Maybe a re-read is necessary).

As to Brother, I agree with Mr. Staad as the price point, while low for a Suntup limited, is lettered edition price for most publishers and with a relatively unknown author when compared to King, Hill, Jackson, Matheson, and McCarthy. As for I Am Legend, I am a HUGE Matheson fan and LOVE this book, but the price point of the limited is way up there. The AGE is still remaining, I think, mostly due to the print run. 1000 copies is a lot. If this was at the 500 range, I'd think it would be gone by now.

I'm still eyeing IAL, just gotta figure out a way to make it work. I have Centipede's Childhood's End headed my way shortly that I'll have to pay for AND their edition of Hill House is right around the corner...(And Dune, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves).

Comment

Paul's books are amazing, no doubt about that, but I also need to draw the line somewhere. I did end up going for the limited edition of I am Legend, but that has always been high on my list of vampire novels.

I also got the AGE of Misery, Horns, and Rosemary's Baby.

Childhood's End is also coming my way (that sold out in < 24 hours), and I just bought a nice S/L of Harlan Ellison, a 50 year Retrospective, which came from the collection that Susan Ellison is selling off bit by bit.

I did manage to get rid of cable TV this month, saving me $2k/year, but I bumped up retirement savings to scoop that up Gotta have money for books when I stop working!

Comment

Anybody taking a bite from today's email ?

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                        I only purchased a Gift Edition of I Am Legend so I do not get the offer until later in the week.

Comment

It looks like I'll have to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I only purchased a Gift Edition of I Am Legend so I do not get the offer until later in the week.
                            Same. I was hoping my purchase of BROTHER would keep me on the early-notification list, but apparently it doesn’t work that way. I hope it’s not the three-book set that I fear it could be, as I cannot afford large hit right now, but by the same measure, could not pass it up if it was offered.

By the way, I don’t do Facebook, and I think I recall he had a Facebook stream scheduled to happen in the last day or so…? Can anybody fill me in on whatever news was provided?
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm not so sure too, considering i have it from Easton and Folio. The only factors are limitation and signatures, so I'm not finding any way to justify it to myself for any other reasons

Comment

I'm not so sure too, considering i have it from Easton and Folio. The only factors are limitation and signatures, so I'm not finding any way to justify it to myself for any other reasons
                                I hate talking about it before the order is public. BUT there is bonus content that seems very robust.

Comment

Working...
                                X