Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Teaser video for next week's announcement.
    https://suntup.press/?mc_cid=08fd847...eid=9b7728ed7e

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    My AE of WOLFEN is being delivered today…can’t wait to see it, read it, and shelve it next to its portfolio (my first and only art portfolio…I was fortunate enough to win one from Paul’s very generous offer).

DUNE yesterday, WOLFEN today…I may be buying my own “gifts,” but what a Christmas season!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

As short as Animal Farm is even Letterpress may remain under $200.
    The length is probably why he's doing letterpress for the AEs, but I imagine it'll still be up there.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    Handmaid's Tale, Animal Farm, and Dark Matter looks to be the consensus.

This is likely the quarter where I hop off the numbered train. Was hoping for Hannibal so that I could get the third book as a matching number.

It's going to be a very expensive quarter for Suntup fans, considering there are two letterpress titles.

And even the AE of the February title is letterpress. It'll likely be the first AE to cost more than $200...
    As short as Animal Farm is even Letterpress may remain under $200.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    There I was thinking I could ignore the next book because my number for Butcher Boy would be > 250, but I checked my account today and they gave me my old number from my last trip on the numbered train. Decisions, decisions...

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Handmaid's Tale, Animal Farm, and Dark Matter looks to be the consensus.

This is likely the quarter where I hop off the numbered train. Was hoping for Hannibal so that I could get the third book as a matching number.

It's going to be a very expensive quarter for Suntup fans, considering there are two letterpress titles.

And even the AE of the February title is letterpress. It'll likely be the first AE to cost more than $200...

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    If #1 is THE HANDMAID'S TALE, #2 is ANIMAL FARM, and #3 is DARK MATTER (though someone suggested READY PLAYER ONE, which also fits), then in a obverse way I'm pleased as I won't need a copy of any of the three. Funny how, with the way the limited game has in some quarters become so spendy these days, the lack of a required purchase is almost -- okay, granted, almost -- as exciting as the anticipation of a desired one. I have a signed/numbered Goldsboro HC of DARK MATTER already, and a signed trade HC (indicates a true first on the copyright page, but it's not, it's the latter B&N Black Friday one of a couple years ago) of READY PLAYER ONE, and those are just fine for me. The other two I've no interest in.

I just paid Camelot for my AE copy of THE WOLFEN, and I guess that'll have to carry me through the next quarter.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    I think #3 is Dark Matter - didn't Paul have to push one of the Fall/Winter announcements back? I feel like I've seen that hint before.
    I believe you are correct.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    The hint for #3 mentions “any reality”, which would rule out THE MARTIAN but definitely include DARK MATTER.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I think #3 is Dark Matter - didn't Paul have to push one of the Fall/Winter announcements back? I feel like I've seen that hint before.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

I was thinking The Martian for #3 as well.
    Someone also suggested Dark Matter.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Oh, I'd love that! Could #3 be The Martian?
    I was thinking The Martian for #3 as well.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Could #1 be Atwood’s THE HANDMAID’S TALE?
    Oh, I'd love that! Could #3 be The Martian?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Could #1 be Atwood’s THE HANDMAID’S TALE?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Looks like Suntup just sent out their next announcement schedule. Gotta say that I don't have a freaking clue as to what any of the upcoming books may be. Would love to hear any guesses from the forum...

1) One of the most important 20th century works of speculative fiction, this masterfully written tale explores a broad range of issues relating to power, gender and religious politics.

2) Originally rejected by several publishers, this novel became an instant success upon its publication following the Second World War. The author is considered one of the most influential novelists of all time, and this fable is one of his finest works.Animal Farm?

3) Though published only a few years ago, this fast-paced science-fiction novel would have been considered one of the best books of any year… or, any reality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X