Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, I'm trying to downsize my collection, and given that I already have the signed/numbered/slipcased Gauntlet HC edition (signed by Bloch and Matheson), add'l editions of the same book just don't go along with that downsizing goal. So I'll have to pass...but I don't have to be happy about it.
    Once again, my thoughts- exactly. This one will hurt to miss, but I just can't do these weekly north of $100 books any longer. Like you, especially when I have the Gauntlet edition, which is somewhat important as I believe it is the only signed limited of this cornerstone novel- and by Gauntlet's standards one of their "nicer" editions, imho (although i never cared for the cover- don't get me wrong- I LOVE Alan M. Clark's perfectly gruesome illustration- just don't think it should be on the cover, as it's a major "spoiler", if you can spoil what everyone already knows!). But, yeah- not happy about missing this one- looks nice. I especially like the original DJ.

Comment

Hurts to pass on this one for me however it's not good timing. Probably not able to make a big purchase until August at least.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post

Once again, my thoughts- exactly. This one will hurt to miss, but I just can't do these weekly north of $100 books any longer.
        I am quickly coming to this conclusion myself. I've been having to do some soul-searching about my collecting habits as of late. I love the books that are coming out and the increased production values, but my budget is quickly finding its limit.

Comment

I did buy the AE of Psycho. I've been trying to limit book purchases lately, just because I have too many books and a kid heading off to college, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            I did buy the AE of Psycho. I've been trying to limit book purchases lately, just because I have too many books and a kid heading off to college, but...
            Congrats on the kid off to college! The real important stuff.

Comment

Congrats on the kid off to college! The real important stuff.
              Thanks!

Comment

Any guesses on the next Suntup titles? The clues have me totally stumped. Love seeing that all will be signed by authors.

1) JULY- No Clues were given

2) AUGUST- This book about a book is the author’s debut novel, a dark and twisted fantasy that has been praised by the likes of Diana Gabaldon. This is the first signed limited edition of the novel.

3) SEPTEMBER- One of the most enduring fantasy novels of the 20th century, the lead character embarks upon a quest to find out what happened to her kind.

Comment

August could be House of Leaves which would be AMAZING. I've asked Paul for this novel every time he sends out a survey. While I already own a signed 1/1, I'd love to add a Suntup version to my collection.

Comment

August is likely Winterset Hollow by Jonathan Edward Durham.

September is The Last Unicorn by Peter S Beagle.

Comment

re: The Last Unicorn - didn't Paul announce that in some article he was interviewed for?

ETA: he did:
                      unicorn.png
                      Last edited by TacomaDiver; 06-20-2023, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                        August is likely Winterset Hollow by Jonathan Edward Durham.
                        Never heard of this one, but it sounds VERY interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          August could be House of Leaves which would be AMAZING. I've asked Paul for this novel every time he sends out a survey. While I already own a signed 1/1, I'd love to add a Suntup version to my collection.
                          That would be cool. I, too, have included it as a request in those surveys. Great book. The package would have to beat the Remastered Full Color edition, though- which is already a very nice book. Increasingly, when rereading old favorites nowadays- I'm finding myself more drawn to whatever original "trade" edition I first read the work in, rather than whichever super-expensive edition I've subsequently bought and stuck on the shelf. There are exceptions, of course, and it's a case-by-case basis, but I think there's maybe something about enhancing the nostalgia factor when going back to the (my) original edition. It has taken me by surprise lately, and has me rethinking what I spend money on for sure. But, yeah- I'd love to see what Paul would come up with for HoL- especially the numbered and lettered editions.

Comment

That would be cool. I, too, have included it as a request in those surveys. Great book. The package would have to beat the Remastered Full Color edition, though- which is already a very nice book. Increasingly, when rereading old favorites nowadays- I'm finding myself more drawn to whatever original "trade" edition I first read the work in, rather than whichever super-expensive edition I've subsequently bought and stuck on the shelf. There are exceptions, of course, and it's a case-by-case basis, but I think there's maybe something about enhancing the nostalgia factor when going back to the (my) original edition. It has taken me by surprise lately, and has me rethinking what I spend money on for sure. But, yeah- I'd love to see what Paul would come up with for HoL- especially the numbered and lettered editions.
                            The numbered and lettered would be mind blowing to the say the least. Already out of my price range

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              I would love that choice as well! Have heard nothing but good things about the book; however, I've always avoided it as I've never been able to find/seen a hardcover version out in the wild, only the paperback version, and I don't buy paperback books any longer. This would finally give me a chance to read it!

Comment

Suntup is currently having a Dinged 50% sale on their remaining copies of The Magus!

Comment

Working...
                                X