Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    This is a pretty easy pass for me. While I'd like to read the book, I don't need a $125 edition of it.

I've seen some chat about how this isn't selling out in an hour. I still think that 500 copies in 24 hours is pretty darn good. Honestly, 1000 copies is a whole lot of copies to move title after title. Regardless of the quality of the production, $125 is a big chunk of change for non-diehard collectors.
    Paul said he's happy to have books in stock so that newcomers to the site actually have something to purchase.

I didn't go for the latest book either. Like you, if I want to read it, a cheap (or library) copy will do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Paul said he's happy to have books in stock so that newcomers to the site actually have something to purchase.

I didn't go for the latest book either. Like you, if I want to read it, a cheap (or library) copy will do fine.
      I agree with Paul's thoughts as it's hard to grow the business if you have don't have any product to sell to new customers.

Comment

New announcement schedule posted. I'll start with a guess for the July book - Jaws! Seems almost obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
          New announcement schedule posted. I'll start with a guess for the July book - Jaws! Seems almost obvious.
          I’d agree, and August seems even more so, with McDowell’s BLACKWATER.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Blackwater for the win in August. Fairly certain on this one.

Not sold on Jaws but it states "Thriller" and "Beach Read" so beyond Jaws I would have no idea.

The last one I have not a clue. Beloved, imaginative, and dark humor. I'm very much drawing a blank when combining beloved and dark humor.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I’d agree, and August seems even more so, with McDowell’s BLACKWATER.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I completely agree that July is Jaws and am excited for that one. I have no idea on the rest. Two observations. I believe this is the first time no book in the Quarter will be signed y the author. I also believe the September release will be the first Suntup release signed by Mr. Suntup.

Comment

How about Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for the September title? Not a fan of the book but I could see this fitting in the beloved, imaginative, and dark humor categories. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  How about Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for the September title? Not a fan of the book but I could see this fitting in the beloved, imaginative, and dark humor categories. Thoughts?
                  The 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' thought intrigues me. Since Paul Suntup is also signing this one I expect that it has special meaning to him. Has he ever mentioned Hunter S. Thompson or the title as having a particular importance to him?

Comment

Placing the Suntup 2021 Q3 schedule here so I can refer to it without having to pull the email:

July - September 2021
                    Hi, friends! I am happy to share that we will be announcing three new titles for the third quarter of 2021. For those who like to plan ahead, here are a few hints about what’s to come:

July
                    On Wednesday, July 21st at 9 a.m. PT, I will broadcast live on Facebook with some updates and giveaways. We will announce the first title of the quarter on Thursday, July 22nd at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Pre-Orders will also begin at this time, going to Roman Numeral owners of Replay, as well as to Lettered and Numbered owners of Johnny Got His Gun. If there are any copies of the Roman Numeral, Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Pre-Orders, depending on quantities these copies will be available for purchase either by lottery or directly through the online store beginning on Saturday, July 24th at 9 a.m. PT.

A perfect announcement for the month of July, this thriller is the ultimate Summer beach read. The book is available in four states: Roman Numeral, Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Roman Numeral edition is limited to 10 copies, the Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. The Roman Numeral and Lettered editions are signed by the author of the introduction and the artists. The Numbered edition is signed by the author of the introduction and the artist of the interior illustrations. The Artist edition is signed by the artist of the interior illustrations.

August
                    On Wednesday, August 11th, I will broadcast live from Facebook at 9 a.m. PT to share some production updates and giveaways. We will announce our next book the following day, Thursday, August 12th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Pre-Orders will also begin at this time, going to Lettered and Numbered owners of the title announced on July 22nd. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Pre-Orders, depending on quantities these copies will be available for purchase either by lottery or directly through the online store beginning on Saturday, August 14th at 9 a.m. PT.

This Southern gothic horror novel was originally published as a series in the 1980s. It is considered to be among the author’s finest achievements. The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. The Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author of the afterword and the artists. The Artist edition is signed by the artists.

September
                    On Wednesday, September 15th at 9 a.m. PT, I will broadcast live on Facebook. We will announce our final book of the quarter on Thursday, September 16th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Pre-Orders will also begin at this time, going to Roman Numeral owners of the title announced on July 22nd, as well as to Lettered and Numbered owners of the title announced on August 12th. If there are any copies of the Roman Numeral, Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Pre-Orders, depending on quantities these copies will be available for purchase either by lottery or directly through the online store beginning on Saturday, September 18th at 9 a.m. PT.

One of the most beloved and imaginative stories ever told, this book for all ages is deliciously dark in humor. The book is available in four states: Roman Numeral, Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Roman Numeral edition is limited to 10 copies, the Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1250 copies. The Roman Numeral, Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author of the introduction and by myself. The Artist edition is signed by the artist who has created a special illustration for the slipcase.

The joy these books bring to you is my reason for making them. Thank you for your love and enthusiasm for these editions. As you know, the opportunity to honor these stories and authors is not one I take lightly, and we have been hard at work on these three titles for well over a year now. I look forward to sharing them with you.

Paul Suntup

Comment

Think I need to retract this guess. It says for all ages.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

The 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' thought intrigues me. Since Paul Suntup is also signing this one I expect that it has special meaning to him. Has he ever mentioned Hunter S. Thompson or the title as having a particular importance to him?

Comment

The last one I have not a clue. Beloved, imaginative, and dark humor. I'm very much drawing a blank when combining beloved and dark humor.

I'm a bit leery of the last one right now since it states that it is a book for all ages. I rarely do YA/Kids books. Hopefully, it will end up being something that intrigues me. The other two seem more likely to be purchases for me.

Comment

Think I need to retract this guess. It says for all ages.

Good catch. Hunter S. Thompson has never been described as 'for all ages'.

Comment

My guess for Sept is 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' - Dahl in general seems to fit the description well, and 'deliciously dark in humor' (emphasis mine) - could fit.

Comment

Maybe "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" for Sept?

Comment

Both Dahl and Adams would fit here. Neither of which would interest me personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X