Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I haven't read The Exorcist before - never seen the movie either. One of these days I'll get to it. Too many books to read.
    I think the book and the movie are both great.

IMO, each represents an example of classic horror in their respective mediums.

B

Comment

I have the Lonely Road edition (part of the reason why I passed on the Suntup edition) and it’s been in the reading queue for years. I really need to get around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        I have the Lonely Road edition (part of the reason why I passed on the Suntup edition) and it’s been in the reading queue for years. I really need to get around to it.
        I have the S/L Lonely Roads edition as well -- and, for that matter, the S/L Cemetery Dance two-book volume -- so, like you, didn't need a third copy of Blatty's book, no matter how nice it did look. I will say r.e. the book vs. movie, I think this is one of those rare instances -- having just read the book a half-dozen or so years ago, or whenever the CD edition came out -- where the movie was better than the book.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Any guesses about tomorrow's announcement? Maybe Watership Down?

Comment

Replay is the title I see mentioned most often. As usual I am clueless.

Comment

Watership Down would definitely knock me off my non-buying streak with Suntup. Replay, I’d have to think about. I really like the book, but budget might get in the way.

Will this book announcement have an AE?

Comment

Watership Down would definitely knock me off my non-buying streak with Suntup. Replay, I’d have to think about. I really like the book, but budget might get in the way.

Replay intrigues me but if my choice was between those titles I would pick Watership Down.

Comment

I have a signed 1st U.S. HC of REPLAY, as well as a 1st UK HC. Given my love for the novel, though, I'd probably still spring for an Suntup AE, completely shattering my "no duplicates" rule (which I also did earlier with I AM LEGEND and, again, the Suntup AE) that I have in place to try and moderate shelf space. Richard Adams' WATERSHIP DOWN would give me pause, but I'd probably still spring for it, as it's a book I haven't read since I was a teen and think about rereading from time to time, and I already screwed up by skipping the Centipede edition of Adams' GIRL IN A SWING.

Comment

Yes - details of the editions planned for upcoming releases are included in the quarterly announcements - Announcement Schedule April – June 2021 - Suntup Editions

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

Yes - details of the editions planned for upcoming releases are included in the quarterly announcements - Announcement Schedule April – June 2021 - Suntup Editions
                      Cool. Thanks! I knew this info was posted somewhere but I only found the announcement dates on the Suntup site.

By the description, I’m guessing Watership Down... which now I’m bummed out about because a Centipede Press title I’ve been looking for popped up on eBay for a decent price so I HAD to pull the trigger on that one. If it is Watership Down, I hope the price for an AE is reasonable so I can squeeze it into the budget.

Comment

I have a beautiful Copy of Watership Down, Artwork by John Lawrence. But I would pick up another copy.

Comment

a Centipede Press title I’ve been looking for popped up on eBay for a decent price so I HAD to pull the trigger on that one.
                          What'd'ya get?

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            I have a beautiful Copy of Watership Down, Artwork by John Lawrence. But I would pick up another copy.

Nice book! I have an old beat up paperback. To be honest, I’ve never gotten around to reading it. I’m a huge animal lover so books about animals are usually tough reads for me. THE DOGS by Mundis messed my crap up. The animated movie of Watership Down was also the source of some kinder-trauma when I saw during my youth. Really need to pick up the Criterion Blu-ray and see if it holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

What'd'ya get?
                              H.P. Lovecraft Library of Weird Fiction. A copy in “new” condition popped up for $199. I just couldn’t pass on filling that gap in my collection. Now I just need Poe and Blackwood.

Comment

H.P. Lovecraft Library of Weird Fiction. A copy in “new” condition popped up for $199. I just couldn’t pass on filling that gap in my collection. Now I just need Poe and Blackwood.
                                Congrats, and good luck with the other two!

Comment

Working...
                                X