X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    August could be House of Leaves which would be AMAZING. I've asked Paul for this novel every time he sends out a survey. While I already own a signed 1/1, I'd love to add a Suntup version to my collection.
    I would love that choice as well! Have heard nothing but good things about the book; however, I've always avoided it as I've never been able to find/seen a hardcover version out in the wild, only the paperback version, and I don't buy paperback books any longer. This would finally give me a chance to read it!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

That would be cool. I, too, have included it as a request in those surveys. Great book. The package would have to beat the Remastered Full Color edition, though- which is already a very nice book. Increasingly, when rereading old favorites nowadays- I'm finding myself more drawn to whatever original "trade" edition I first read the work in, rather than whichever super-expensive edition I've subsequently bought and stuck on the shelf. There are exceptions, of course, and it's a case-by-case basis, but I think there's maybe something about enhancing the nostalgia factor when going back to the (my) original edition. It has taken me by surprise lately, and has me rethinking what I spend money on for sure. But, yeah- I'd love to see what Paul would come up with for HoL- especially the numbered and lettered editions.
    The numbered and lettered would be mind blowing to the say the least. Already out of my price range

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    August could be House of Leaves which would be AMAZING. I've asked Paul for this novel every time he sends out a survey. While I already own a signed 1/1, I'd love to add a Suntup version to my collection.
    That would be cool. I, too, have included it as a request in those surveys. Great book. The package would have to beat the Remastered Full Color edition, though- which is already a very nice book. Increasingly, when rereading old favorites nowadays- I'm finding myself more drawn to whatever original "trade" edition I first read the work in, rather than whichever super-expensive edition I've subsequently bought and stuck on the shelf. There are exceptions, of course, and it's a case-by-case basis, but I think there's maybe something about enhancing the nostalgia factor when going back to the (my) original edition. It has taken me by surprise lately, and has me rethinking what I spend money on for sure. But, yeah- I'd love to see what Paul would come up with for HoL- especially the numbered and lettered editions.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    August is likely Winterset Hollow by Jonathan Edward Durham.
    Never heard of this one, but it sounds VERY interesting.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    re: The Last Unicorn - didn't Paul announce that in some article he was interviewed for?

ETA: he did:
    unicorn.png
    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 06-20-2023, 01:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    August is likely Winterset Hollow by Jonathan Edward Durham.

September is The Last Unicorn by Peter S Beagle.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Any guesses on the next Suntup titles? The clues have me totally stumped. Love seeing that all will be signed by authors.

1) JULY- No Clues were given

2) AUGUST- This book about a book is the author’s debut novel, a dark and twisted fantasy that has been praised by the likes of Diana Gabaldon. This is the first signed limited edition of the novel.

3) SEPTEMBER- One of the most enduring fantasy novels of the 20th century, the lead character embarks upon a quest to find out what happened to her kind.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied

Congrats on the kid off to college! The real important stuff.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I did buy the AE of Psycho. I've been trying to limit book purchases lately, just because I have too many books and a kid heading off to college, but...
    Congrats on the kid off to college! The real important stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I did buy the AE of Psycho. I've been trying to limit book purchases lately, just because I have too many books and a kid heading off to college, but...

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Once again, my thoughts- exactly. This one will hurt to miss, but I just can't do these weekly north of $100 books any longer.
    I am quickly coming to this conclusion myself. I've been having to do some soul-searching about my collecting habits as of late. I love the books that are coming out and the increased production values, but my budget is quickly finding its limit.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Hurts to pass on this one for me however it's not good timing. Probably not able to make a big purchase until August at least.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, I'm trying to downsize my collection, and given that I already have the signed/numbered/slipcased Gauntlet HC edition (signed by Bloch and Matheson), add'l editions of the same book just don't go along with that downsizing goal. So I'll have to pass...but I don't have to be happy about it.
    Once again, my thoughts- exactly. This one will hurt to miss, but I just can't do these weekly north of $100 books any longer. Like you, especially when I have the Gauntlet edition, which is somewhat important as I believe it is the only signed limited of this cornerstone novel- and by Gauntlet's standards one of their "nicer" editions, imho (although i never cared for the cover- don't get me wrong- I LOVE Alan M. Clark's perfectly gruesome illustration- just don't think it should be on the cover, as it's a major "spoiler", if you can spoil what everyone already knows!). But, yeah- not happy about missing this one- looks nice. I especially like the original DJ.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, I'm trying to downsize my collection, and given that I already have the signed/numbered/slipcased Gauntlet HC edition (signed by Bloch and Matheson), add'l editions of the same book just don't go along with that downsizing goal. So I'll have to pass...but I don't have to be happy about it.
    Well, I know that Gauntlet's books tend to be a little plainer in comparison to Suntup's, but it's kinda hard to beat the signature from Bloch and Matheson. What a nice book to have on the shelf!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X