Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
    Finally got my copy of seed today after a long time in transit. Strange that the number is not hand written . Anybody know if that is going to be that way on future titles or is this a one off?
    I really like the printed number. I have photo in my collection thread. I am not aware of Paul commenting on this but I hope he continues with the printed number.

Comment

My only worry with printed numbers is what happens if a copy needs to be replaced due to damage in shipping (from Paul directly, obviously)? I wonder the same about Centipede titles as those have printed numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
        My only worry with printed numbers is what happens if a copy needs to be replaced due to damage in shipping (from Paul directly, obviously)? I wonder the same about Centipede titles as those have printed numbers.
        Not sure exactly how the publisher manages that.

Comment

Looks like new book coming up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
            Looks like new book coming up tomorrow.
            It also appears that the speculation regarding the title was correct.

Comment

Seems like a lock. It is a little let down that there is no direct opportunity to purchase this though. There is almost zero chance I would buy this title at secondary market price.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

It also appears that the speculation regarding the title was correct.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                Seems like a lock. It is a little let down that there is no direct opportunity to purchase this though. There is almost zero chance I would buy this title at secondary market price.

Also very unfortunate that he was unable to secure the rights to publish an Artist edition.

Comment

So the assumed announcement of Blood Meridian tomorrow has many people excited at the prospect of getting a limited edition of this book. It also has a number of people dismayed, believing that the 350 copies will all go on pre-sale and they will not have an opportunity. This has left me with questions. If the original announcement holds this will be the second book published by Suntup with a living author, yet not signed by the author. The other being The Road. This book is also being marketed as being produced at a lettered level but not a lettered price. So it is impossible to know what that means but we do know that it is being printed letterpress. Assuming it will be on the higher end of the limited books by Suntup we could be talking about a novel, not signed by the author that is being offered in the $800 range. Do we really believe that the 350 people will all jump at that? If not how many may be available to the general public? If you could buy one on Saturday and the price is in the $800 range would you buy it?

Suntup offerings do seam to defy conventual wisdom regarding price point and demand but I remain skeptical. Of course my winning percentage on predicting these things is less than zero.

Comment

I think all folks, with rights, will make every possible arrangement they can to purchase this book. My guess is that 30% of them will be speculators.

Paul has shrewdly placed this book ahead of the quarterly announcement(s) which I think makes it even harder for rights holders to pass on this purchase and release their number to the lottery.

The reality is that I probably would not make this purchase. It would be a major stretch for me, I'm not a speculator, and it's not even my favorite book by this Author.

In hindsight I should have purchased a copy of The Road (or attempted to) and this would have cured my Suntup and McCarthy itch in one swing.

So the assumed announcement of Blood Meridian tomorrow has many people excited at the prospect of getting a limited edition of this book. It also has a number of people dismayed, believing that the 350 copies will all go on pre-sale and they will not have an opportunity. This has left me with questions. If the original announcement holds this will be the second book published by Suntup with a living author, yet not signed by the author. The other being The Road. This book is also being marketed as being produced at a lettered level but not a lettered price. So it is impossible to know what that means but we do know that it is being printed letterpress. Assuming it will be on the higher end of the limited books by Suntup we could be talking about a novel, not signed by the author that is being offered in the $800 range. Do we really believe that the 350 people will all jump at that? If not how many may be available to the general public? If you could buy one on Saturday and the price is in the $800 range would you buy it?

Suntup offerings do seam to defy conventual wisdom regarding price point and demand but I remain skeptical. Of course my winning percentage on predicting these things is less than zero.

Comment

I will also add that there are a few holes in my SK collection (looking at you, Night Shift) that could be filled at this price point. My King collection is still my primary focus and I have yet to pull the trigger on any of the expensive double day books.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        Paul has shrewdly placed this book ahead of the quarterly announcement(s) which I think makes it even harder for rights holders to pass on this purchase and release their number to the lottery.
                        It's this. Paul has turned FOMO into a literal art here.

Comment

That is a real thing and Suntup is doing it well. It's a great combo of product, promotion, and community.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

It's this. Paul has turned FOMO into a literal art here.

Comment

This book is also being marketed as being produced at a lettered level but not a lettered price.
                            Has it actually been said that it WON'T be the price of a normal lettered edition? I believe the only thing that he said about the price is that it won't be $2,500.

I fully expect this title to be $1,200. At least that's what I tell myself in order to prepare for the potential of a $1k+ book.

I really hope I'm wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Has it actually been said that it WON'T be the price of a normal lettered edition? I believe the only thing that he said about the price is that it won't be $2,500.

I fully expect this title to be $1,200. At least that's what I tell myself in order to prepare for the potential of a $1k+ book.

I really hope I'm wrong...
                              I asked on tdt.org if it being lettered quality would mean that it’s lettered price and he said “I wouldn’t do that” and that costs would be offset by how many books were made.

Comment

I don’t think all 350 will be sold during presale. Depending on price, this may be the book that knocks people off the Suntup train. That being said, I think the vast majority will be sold during presale and there will be the requisite amount of flipping going on.

I’ve read two McCarthy books, THE ROAD and NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, and I liked them a lot. But not enough to go $800+ on BLOOD MERIDIAN. Of course, if I get around to reading BLOOD MERIDIAN, my mind might be changed.

I hope all who wants one can get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X