No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very surprised by this but very happy for Paul and staff.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well for the first time ever the numbered edition has completely sold out during the matching presale. There’s only the Roman numerals and one lettered available in the lottery and that lettered edition could sell in the next ten minutes for all I know.

It’s shocking even to me. I assumed there would always be at least a few who pass on each edition. There were 76 people who passed on Red Dragon. And at this price point I thought at least 10 would walk away.

i know this edition looks stunning (but they all do to me) and I think people are thrilled with who’s signing.

big congrats to Paul!! Onward.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Unreal. Very fine books already selling artist edition of the exorcist for double the price. They have 8

Comment

This was like a knife in the heart to me....I haven't checked my e-mail in a few days, so when I got the message about Suntup doing THE EXORCIST, my all-time favorite novel, that I own a copy of every small-press publication of, I was ready to buy. Seeing it was sold out REALLY depressed me. Hoping CD might get some copies....
        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
          This was like a knife in the heart to me....I haven't checked my e-mail in a few days, so when I got the message about Suntup doing THE EXORCIST, my all-time favorite novel, that I own a copy of every small-press publication of, I was ready to buy. Seeing it was sold out REALLY depressed me. Hoping CD might get some copies....
          I do not think CD is reselling Suntup at this time. Lividian Publications – publisher of fine collectible books and Dark Regions Press - Books of Horror, Fantasy and Science Fiction are probably your best bet. You may want to reach out to them and see if they are getting copies and if they will reserve one for you.

Comment

I will just come out and say that I dislike Very Fine Books. People have opinions and this one is just mine.

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
            Unreal. Very fine books already selling artist edition of the exorcist for double the price. They have 8

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              I will just come out and say that I dislike Very Fine Books. People have opinions and this one is just mine.

I am certainly not their target customer as I look for books at or near market value. They are currently selling the Artist Edition of The Exorcist at $295 when it is still expected that retailers will be offering them at original retail soon. That is their business model and I will not fault them for it but I will also not be a customer of theirs.

Comment

Same. I'm not their type of customer.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am certainly not their target customer as I look for books at or near market value. .

Comment

I am certainly a book junkie. The sticker shock is still there but now I'm really digging the artist edition of The Exorcist. If I happen to still have a chance at this, at issue price, I'm still not 100% sure I could pull the trigger on it or not. The $150 price tag is really nagging at me.

I do think if the opportunity is there to snag this at issue price it will be my only chance at owning this book for a very long time. I'm so turned around here.

Probably should just pass and put it out of my mind.IDK.

Comment

Well just checked my email for the first time today and I received the announcement that Dark Regions had copies less that three hours ago. Just checked and they are already sold out.
                    Last edited by Martin; 02-09-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

The book is certainly hot now but I just really wonder how much that is actual demand or just flippers sucking these up. Hard to tell.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Well just checked my email for the first time and I received the announcement that Dark Regions had copies less that three hours ago. Just checked and they are already sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        The book is certainly hot now but I just really wonder how much that is actual demand or just flippers sucking these up. Hard to tell.

No clue. I will admit I am rather surprised at how hot this book is. An Artist Edition appears to have sold on eBay for $285 with a limited going for $2,548.

Comment

Yeah, by the time I checked my e-mail and saw the Dark Regions newsletter, they were sold out. As much as it hurts me, this is probably a good thing...Between my pile of medical bills and my ancient car giving me grief, the last thing I needed was to spend $150.00 on a book that I already own a few dozen copies of.
                          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                            Yeah, by the time I checked my e-mail and saw the Dark Regions newsletter, they were sold out. As much as it hurts me, this is probably a good thing...Between my pile of medical bills and my ancient car giving me grief, the last thing I needed was to spend $150.00 on a book that I already own a few dozen copies of.
                            Technically I only have one version, the Lonely Road 40th Anniversary. I do have the Cemetery Dance screen play also.

Comment

Just watched the facebook live but still cannot piece together what tomorrow's announcement might be. Would love to hear any guesses for tomorrow's announcement. The hint is below:

"This terrifying novel from the 1970's was the author's debut, breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel."

Comment

It's described as:
                                • A terrifying novel from the 1970’s
                                • Author's debut novel
                                • Breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel
                                • Signed by the author
                                • Paul has said that it is not 'Interview with the Vampire'
                                Possible matches folks have come up with:

The Wolfen - Whitley Strieber, this seems to fit the best to me at the moment
                                The Manitou - Graham Masterton
                                The Godsend - Bernard Taylor
                                The Omen - David Seltzer, I don't think this is likely as it's a novelization of a film and Seltzer hasn't written any other novels

Comment

Working...
                                X