Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Even without the authors signature? Also, will the second King release having no author signature negatively impact the resale value of Misery as people think it carries the rights to a future signed King release? Would people purchase this in hopes that they would have rights to a future signed King release?
    Ah, signed by the author of the introduction only. I don't think Paul would pursue another King title unless he could get it signed. At least while King is still available to do so. We know King is willing to sign at least the number published by Suntup as he was willing to sign all those copies of Later. IMO, no King title is forthcoming in the first quarter of '21.

I do think it would lower the price folks are wiling to pay for Misery should the next King title not be signed. A lot of the value in Misery is the assumption that there will be another King title and that it will be signed. It would behoove an owner of Misery to sell now to cash in for sure on that assumption. Of course the value of Misery will/would increase tremendously should a signed King title be announced.

I believe the CD gift edition of IT sold for $125 at publication and it now sells for close to $700 I believe in F/F/F condition. There is still value in an unsigned King title for sure.
    Last edited by Brian861; 12-14-2020, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Ah, signed by the author of the introduction only. I don't think Paul would pursue another King title unless he could get it signed. At least while King is still available to do so. We know King is willing to sign at least the number published by Suntup as he was willing to sign all those copies of Later. IMO, no King title is forthcoming in the first quarter of '21.

I do think it would lower the price folks are wiling to pay for Misery should the next King title not be signed. A lot of the value in Misery is the assumption that there will be another King title and that it will be signed. It would behoove an owner of Misery to sell now to cash in for sure on that assumption. Of course the value of Misery will/would increase tremendously should a signed King title be announced.

I believe the CD gift edition sold for $125 at publication and it now sells for close to $700 I believe in F/F/F condition. There is still value in an unsigned King title for sure.
      So if King has stated that he will no do another signed edition with Suntup should Paul not pursue unsigned editions? Could the fact that he is making the limited be like the lettered be meant to lesson the blow of losing the signature?
      Either way my Suntup Limited Misery and Cemetery Dance Gift It will not be sold.

Comment

So if King has stated that he will no do another signed edition with Suntup should Paul not pursue unsigned editions? Could the fact that he is making the limited be like the lettered be meant to lesson the blow of losing the signature?
        Either way my Suntup Limited Misery and Cemetery Dance Gift It will not be sold.
        We know Paul doesn't have a problem publishing books from authors who can't sign or won't sign. Pursue is perhaps not the right word as far as getting King to sign. After seeing Paul's productions, I can't image King not signing while he is still here and able. But creatives are fickle beast so pure speculation on my part. There are still plenty of King's books that deserve the superior treatment. A signature never comes into play for me personally when deciding to purchase a book. Of course it will dictate how much I'm willing to pay for said book. I'm primarily a Hill collector these days so I don't have to worry about such nonsense often

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I'm primarily a Hill collector these days so I don't have to worry about such nonsense often
          Now that is funny. I remember someone, not sure who, that said that an unsigned JH book may be more desirable in the future.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

Now that is funny. I remember someone, not sure who, that said that an unsigned JH book may be more desirable in the future.
            That's always been the running joke.

Comment

I would love to see First Blood get the Suntup treatment!

B

Comment

For anyone who is not done with their Christmas shopping someone is selling a Suntup Roman Numeral edition of The Time Machine. H.G. Wells 'The Time Machine', Suntup deluxe limited edition + signed letter | eBay

Comment

For anyone who is not done with their Christmas shopping someone is selling a Suntup Roman Numeral edition of The Time Machine. H.G. Wells 'The Time Machine', Suntup deluxe limited edition + signed letter | eBay
                  Thanks. I was trying to figure out what to do with that extra twenty-seven thousand dollars I had just laying around...

That's a beautiful edition, but, like, you could buy a new CAR for that price.
                  Last edited by Sock Monkey; 12-17-2020, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Hey, Jeff, big congratulations on the at lettered RED DRAGON...I can certainly appreciate your shock and heartfelt bewilderment at Paul's incredible generosity. You're both good people, and that video was really a joy to watch. Enjoy your new book, my friend, it's well-deserved.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I had guessed that Paul would be sending Jeff a Christmas gift, but my guess had been the Red Dragon statue. But then the actual gift blew that right out of the water. Congratulations Jeff! Very well deserved!!

Comment

Very cool of Paul and congrats to Jeff on an excellent Christmas present. The book itself looks amazing.

Comment

Congratulations, Jeff! You definitely deserve that extra bit of Christmas cheer!

By the way, my wife loved the unboxing video for this lettered. She loved your reactions. She was like “you guys get so excited about your books!” At least now she sees I’m not the only one who gets all excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            Congratulations, Jeff! You definitely deserve that extra bit of Christmas cheer!

By the way, my wife loved the unboxing video for this lettered. She loved your reactions. She was like “you guys get so excited about your books!” At least now she sees I’m not the only one who gets all excited!
                            My wife is like, "Oh, you're nerding out again " . Especially when I'm on the phone with a fellow collector. I'm glad she finds it entertaining

Comment

Kind of random comment but I like the status update page on the Suntup site.

Comment

So just got home and decided to check Informed Delivery to see if Something Wicked may arrive tomorrow. No progress on that but one of the Suntup packages scheduled for tomorrow was marked as delivered today. Checked and sure enough it was behind a plant on my front porch. Interesting thing is it is identified as Priority Mail Signature Required. The plant must have signed for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X