X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a link to the lettered edition that I wish I could afford:

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...tered-edition/

Comment

On McCammon's book I am perplexed that they used the middle initial in his name. He hasn't used the "R" in over 20 years. I wonder if that will be corrected before the book is published.
      Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 04-01-2020, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Looks like The Complete Short Fiction of Peter Straub is up as well.

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...mited-edition/

Wish the cover design was a little more dynamic.
        I think it's cool that they will do the same with other authors.

The First Title in a Great New Series
        We are happy to announce a wonderful new series of Limited and Lettered Editions collecting together in multi-volume boxed sets, the entire body of short stories and novellas by authors such as Peter Straub, F. Paul Wilson, Richard Matheson, Roger Zelazny, Richard Christian Matheson, and others. All editions will be signed by the authors or their editors.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          I think it's cool that they will do the same with other authors.

The First Title in a Great New Series
          We are happy to announce a wonderful new series of Limited and Lettered Editions collecting together in multi-volume boxed sets, the entire body of short stories and novellas by authors such as Peter Straub, F. Paul Wilson, Richard Matheson, Roger Zelazny, Richard Christian Matheson, and others. All editions will be signed by the authors or their editors.
          I hadn’t seen that! Oh man, there’s go more of my money. The question is do I go for the limited—which I can afford—or stretch that budget and go for the lettered? Anybody have any feedback on their lettered editions?

Comment

Was this sent out in a newsletter? I signed up for theirs but didn’t get an email. Wondering about limitations, etc. The website doesn’t offer much info.

Comment

UPDATED:

Published:
              William F Nolan
              Mort Castle
              Tim Waggoner
              Josh Malerman
              Thomas Ligotti
              Gahan Wilson
              Caitlin Kiernan
              Charles Grant
              Ramsey Campbell

Soon to arrive:
              Robert McCammon

Promised:
              Richard Chizmar
              Heather Graham
              Owen King

Named but not confirmed:
              Bentley Little
              Stephen King
              Blake Crouch

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                UPDATED:

Published:
                William F Nolan
                Mort Castle
                Tim Waggoner
                Josh Malerman
                Thomas Ligotti
                Gahan Wilson
                Caitlin Kiernan
                Charles Grant
                Ramsey Campbell

Soon to arrive:
                Robert McCammon

Promised:
                Richard Chizmar
                Heather Graham
                Owen King

Named but not confirmed:
                Bentley Little
                Stephen King
                Blake Crouch
                If my math is correct that is one too many authors. Wonder which one will drop out?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  If my math is correct that is one too many authors. Wonder which one will drop out?
                  I think the consensus is that we won't get a Stephen King Little Book.

Comment

I think the consensus is that we won't get a Stephen King Little Book.
                    Agreed. But with the announcement of the new line of Complete Short Fiction books, how about the Complete Short Fiction of Stephen King? Though I’m not a big King fan, I’d be all over this as I find King’s short fiction more satisfying than his novel-length work.

Comment

Agreed. But with the announcement of the new line of Complete Short Fiction books, how about the Complete Short Fiction of Stephen King? Though I’m not a big King fan, I’d be all over this as I find King’s short fiction more satisfying than his novel-length work.
                      Jeez- that seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it? Surprised that hasn't been done yet. Perhaps there's a lot of legal issues with the various publishers who still have publication rights to the disparate stories. Still... that would be a HUGE (in every way) book or books, no doubt.

Comment

OR what if SK isn't part of the 15 books that make up series 3, but instead his book is something of a one-off or a 16th book? That would allow Tom to charge whatever he wanted for it since he already satisfied the 15 book commitment and this Little Book is a special exception. Though subscribers could still secure their number.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                          Jeez- that seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it? Surprised that hasn't been done yet. Perhaps there's a lot of legal issues with the various publishers who still have publication rights to the disparate stories. Still... that would be a HUGE (in every way) book or books, no doubt.
                          All I can say is, it's been pitched to him numerous times by many different presses over the years...

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

OR what if SK isn't part of the 15 books that make up series 3, but instead his book is something of a one-off or a 16th book? That would allow Tom to charge whatever he wanted for it since he already satisfied the 15 book commitment and this Little Book is a special exception. Though subscribers could still secure their number.
                            Or with the variant on the Ramsey Campbell book he does 15 with King and does not count Campbell. Instead he does a mini-case to hold both Campbell books.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Or with the variant on the Ramsey Campbell book he does 15 with King and does not count Campbell. Instead he does a mini-case to hold both Campbell books.
                              My head just exploded!!

Comment

Speaking of cases, we should be getting another one with the publication of the McCammon book in May.

Comment

Working...
                                X