X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I like the addition of Crouch...that’s great news. Frankly, I don’t get the inclusion of Owen King as this series has always been to showcase genre masters...Owen King is more literary than genre.
    Having only read Crouch's Pines trilogy and really liking it, I look forward to having a reason to read more from him.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I like the addition of Crouch...that’s great news. Frankly, I don’t get the inclusion of Owen King as this series has always been to showcase genre masters...Owen King is more literary than genre.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    While I hope that's the case for your sake, Jeff, I think it is far more likely to see Mr. King fall off that list than Mr. Little.
    This. And, I can verify that that is indeed BP owner Tom Montelone's eBay listing. This... seems like bad news to me. Hopefully not, but..

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Nice sleuthing! I think you're on to something. If that's the case, either the publisher or someone close to BP, then my great hope is that Blake Crouch is replacing Bentley Little.
    While I hope that's the case for your sake, Jeff, I think it is far more likely to see Mr. King fall off that list than Mr. Little.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    UPDATED:

So here's where we stand.
    Published:
    William F Nolan
    Mort Castle
    Tim Waggoner
    Josh Malerman
    Thomas Ligotti
    Gahan Wilson
    Caitlin Kiernan
    Charles Grant

Soon to arrive:
    Ramsey Campbell

Promised:
    Richard Chizmar
    Heather Graham
    Owen King
    Robert McCammon

Named but not confirmed:
    Bentley Little
    Stephen King
    Blake Crouch

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Total speculation on my part: Looking at items this seller is offering or sold and several are Borderlands or Montelone titles. This may be the publisher or someone close. No way to tell but I think the information may be accurate.
    AND if this is someone very close to BP, then it makes even more sense that the seller would include a plug for the BP newsletter. Very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Total speculation on my part: Looking at items this seller is offering or sold and several are Borderlands or Montelone titles. This may be the publisher or someone close. No way to tell but I think the information may be accurate.
    Nice sleuthing! I think you're on to something. If that's the case, either the publisher or someone close to BP, then my great hope is that Blake Crouch is replacing Bentley Little.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well this is interesting--according to some random individual selling Little Books on eBay, Blake Crouch will appear in seres 3! Here's his statement:
    The remaining 7 titles in Series III will be published every 2 or 3 months by Borderlands Press. You can get on their mailing list to keep track of each new book which will include titles by Ramsey Campbell, Owen King, Robert R. McCammon, Blake Crouch, and others.

And here's the link (super low starting bid!):
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LITTLE-BOOK....c100010.m2109

Does this individual have reliable information?? Should the list be updated?

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Well this is interesting--according to some random individual selling Little Books on eBay, Blake Crouch will appear in seres 3! Here's his statement:
    The remaining 7 titles in Series III will be published every 2 or 3 months by Borderlands Press. You can get on their mailing list to keep track of each new book which will include titles by Ramsey Campbell, Owen King, Robert R. McCammon, Blake Crouch, and others.

And here's the link (super low starting bid!):
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LITTLE-BOOK....c100010.m2109

Does this individual have reliable information?? Should the list be updated?

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    UPDATED:

Published:
    William F Nolan
    Mort Castle
    Tim Waggoner
    Josh Malerman
    Thomas Ligotti
    Gahan Wilson
    Caitlin Kiernan
    Charles Grant

Soon to arrive:
    Ramsey Campbell

Promised:
    Richard Chizmar
    Heather Graham
    Owen King
    Robert McCammon

Named but not confirmed:
    Bentley Little
    Stephen King

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    UPDATED
    Published:
    William F Nolan
    Mort Castle
    Tim Waggoner
    Josh Malerman
    Thomas Ligotti
    Gahan Wilson
    Caitlin Kiernan
    Charles Grant

Soon to arrive:
    Ramsey Campbell

Promised:
    Richard Chizmar
    Heather Graham
    Owen King

Announced through secondary sources (not Borderlands):
    Robert McCammon

Named but not confirmed:
    Bentley Little
    Stephen King
    I was just reading through some old correspondence and Borderlands did mention Robert McCammon in their newsletter from June 2019. Copied and pasted:

"Series III is almost completely sold out. It’s not too late to subscribe to the entire series of great Little Books with some upcoming writers such as Ramsey Campbell, Robert R. McCammon, Caitlyn Kiernan, and others to be announced. To set up your subscription, Contact us at [email protected]."

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Me too! He's a fantastic writer.
    Straub is hit and miss for me. When hits he is as good as it gets, Lost Boy Lost Girl is an example of that. When he misses is can be about as bad as it gets, example Mr. X. Not sure about this one yet. I will need to see more details and if it is made available from other sellers.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I’ve got to give Floating Dragon a try.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Thanks! I’ve now signed up for their newsletter. I love Straub’s work.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Thanks! I’ve now signed up for their newsletter. I love Straub’s work.
    Pass, pass, and more pass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X