• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Thanks Martin.

And thanks Ben, I'm pretty happy with their response.
    I have the advantage that they are about 20 minutes from me. In the past Chris has said he would hold book so I can just pick them up. With him now using Amazon Logistics I hope that offer still stands. I have one pre-order from him so I will get to test it eventually.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    That's good. Glad they're taking care of you! (I ordered my copy from CD and it arrived nice and sound.)

Your "fulfilled by Amazon" shipping method looks a lot like my Cixin Liu Remembrance of Earth's Past book from the UK where being wrapped in thin cardboard is "acceptable."
    Yeah that's insane.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Ughh. Great packaging for a TPB but not for a small press limited. Sorry, bro.

Thanks Martin.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Thanks Martin.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I am sorry to hear that Bird Box came, from the sound of things, jacked up. Glad they are making it right. I will look around the forum and see if I can see your video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtWiLNgyDgc

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I am sorry to hear that Bird Box came, from the sound of things, jacked up. Glad they are making it right. I will look around the forum and see if I can see your video.

They are replacing it. And they're assuring me that the lettered will be shipped with care.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    They are replacing it. And they're assuring me that the lettered will be shipped with care.
    That's good. Glad they're taking care of you! (I ordered my copy from CD and it arrived nice and sound.)

Your "fulfilled by Amazon" shipping method looks a lot like my Cixin Liu Remembrance of Earth's Past book from the UK where being wrapped in thin cardboard is "acceptable."

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    I was thinking the same. Hope they make it right, Jeff.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    That really sucks, Jeff. That is pretty nice and banged up. If I was you, I'd be pretty miffed as well. If I was DRP, I'd be more than miffed that my fulfillment service can't properly ship a single box without getting it messed up. I have a lettered Bird Box on the way as well and I hope that it is shown more care than this.
    DRP responded to my email and I think they are well aware of the shipping situation. They're sending me a replacement copy and I am perfectly satisfied with their response.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    That really sucks, Jeff. That is pretty nice and banged up. If I was you, I'd be pretty miffed as well. If I was DRP, I'd be more than miffed that my fulfillment service can't properly ship a single box without getting it messed up. I have a lettered Bird Box on the way as well and I hope that it is shown more care than this.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    After that very long wait, Jeff, sorry to see on your unboxing video that it got banged up in shipping. Really unfortunate, but hope you can get some satisfaction from Dark Regions, either a replacement or…?
    I was thinking the same. Hope they make it right, Jeff.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    After that very long wait, Jeff, sorry to see on your unboxing video that it got banged up in shipping. Really unfortunate, but hope you can get some satisfaction from Dark Regions, either a replacement or…?
    Thank you. I emailed them with a link to the video as proof of my concerns.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    I've waffled a little with Dark Regions over the years, but Off Season (limited) is a fantastic production.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    I've never purchased from them directly so have no experience with their customer service. They do seem to mark up prices of other publisher's books. But most others seem to do the same as well; with the exception of CD that I've seen. Matter of fact, if you're a member of the CDCC, you usually get a discount on other publisher's books. I didn't like their campaign awhile back where you had to buy something in order to preorder a certain title. That's a bit ridiculous IMO. I don't mind crowd funding so much as long as it's something I'm interested in and it's not a bad thing IMO. As long as there any crazy requirements. Pretty much get what ya pay for. Their certain Halloween grab bag deals didn't seem bad. Just nothing that interested me personally.
    I've only purchased a grab bag from them last year and I wasn't impressed. I still haven't read anything from that haul. The first book that I preordered from them was the lettered OFF SEASON. And that should be coming in the next few weeks. So far I haven't gotten a shipping notice. That'll be my first experience with customer service and product quality. Actually, they did send me the original Chadbourne art very quickly after I bought the lettered BIRD BOX. So the service in that regard was good. After OFF SEASON it'll be BIRD BOX. After that, I don't know. Nothing on their horizon seems to draw me.

I am rooting for them, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X