Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Valid point. Maybe I'm just wanting to order the book because I am itching for a book fix.

Originally posted by Black Miau View Post

Possibly they are including a copy that they consider a future surplus. Recall that Bird Box sold out after more than a year. I think Malorie will be available to everyone who wants matching numbers. They said they would open the preorder when Malorie is already printed. In my opinion, you shouldn't worry.

Leave a comment:

• Black Miau
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I would happily pre-order the actual book with a matching number as a way to support DRP.

Possibly they are including a copy that they consider a future surplus. Recall that Bird Box sold out after more than a year. I think Malorie will be available to everyone who wants matching numbers. They said they would open the preorder when Malorie is already printed. In my opinion, you shouldn't worry.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I would happily pre-order the actual book with a matching number as a way to support DRP.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Okay. Well I could certainly be wrong.

I think it's weird that they could offer this, "especially if you ask for it", in this format and not open up pre-orders for the actual book.

They are trying to scoop up money now to fund a promise later.

Maybe I'm just grumpy today.

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

I think you're confused as to what they're doing. Essentially they are doing a contest where anyone who buys their "mystery box" (essentially a grab bag) will get entered for a chance to recieve a copy of Malorie as a bonus item. I doubt they'll be giving away more than a handful of copies with for this.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I see DRP is doing some pre-order, mystery box, pay for this upfront, garbage with Malorie. I own #19 of Bird Box from them and I am starting to feel like I will not be able to match that with Malorie.

I hate this format. If you own a business there is risk and reward. Not reward only.
    I think you're confused as to what they're doing. Essentially they are doing a contest where anyone who buys their "mystery box" (essentially a grab bag) will get entered for a chance to recieve a copy of Malorie as a bonus item. I doubt they'll be giving away more than a handful of copies with for this.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I see DRP is doing some pre-order, mystery box, pay for this upfront, garbage with Malorie. I own #19 of Bird Box from them and I am starting to feel like I will not be able to match that with Malorie.

I hate this format. If you own a business there is risk and reward. Not reward only.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I’m hoping lettered editions will be available. I missed out on the first super duper early preorder. I’d like to match my copy of BIRD BOX.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Update on Malorie:

Hi there, Tim, we are currently in pre-production phase with Malorie and expect printing to start later this summer. We are looking realistically at an August/September preorder date range due to our new policy of only offering public preorders once the printer has told us they are officially printing the pages. Thank you for your patience and watch for upcoming updates in our free e-mail newsletter at darkregions.com/newsletter and on social media. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Every Forum created after 2012 instituted the NO JEFFs charter that prevents me from joining. It's standard in the messaging community now.
    2012. Good times.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Ah, got it. Thanks Jeff. I knew I voted against kicking you off the board for a reason.

Damn, what was the reason ?!?!?!?!
    Every Forum created after 2012 instituted the NO JEFFs charter that prevents me from joining. It's standard in the messaging community now.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I believe that Ron was referring to The Shining and Dan was answering that point. Seems we're getting off track with our discussion about Bird Box.
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I believe that Ron was referring to The Shining and Dan was answering that point. Seems we're getting off track with our discussion about Bird Box.
    Ah, got it. Thanks Jeff. I knew I voted against kicking you off the board for a reason.

Damn, what was the reason ?!?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    The DRP site says "..., ten interior illustrations by Glenn Chadbourne"

We are talking about the DRP edition right? That's NOT his art?

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Sort of. Glenn only did the art for the signature sheets, not actual interiors. That said, that along with the "style" is kinda the unifying factor across the series. Glenn also did some bonus pieces that are included in the art portfolios, but aren't in the books.
    The DRP site says "..., ten interior illustrations by Glenn Chadbourne"

We are talking about the DRP edition right? That's NOT his art?

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    My guess is that probably has more to do with the lack of a King signature more than anything else.

I don't think anyone here does it, but I'd never suggest to anyone to buy a book as an investment or expect it's value to increase. The market for this sort of thing is too volatile.
    Agreed about the signature.

And also agree that you shouldn't buy books with an investment mindset. Sure there are those that hold their value and some that shoot way up. But those are hit and miss. I thought Bird Box would sell out immediately and only increase in value considering the buzz around its initial release. BOY was I wrong. It's taken a Netflix movie to move more copies, but even then copies remain.

The point I was making is that these books are worth every penny to me regardless of what the secondary market tells me their worth because I collect what I like. And I collect for myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X