• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Nice grab Jeff! You done good!
    Thank you! I'm glad I was able to snag it. So it's a win. Of course, it'll be a much better win if the value of the numbered and lettered go up on the secondary market. Though that's doubtful for the numbered.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Nice grab Jeff! You done good!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Thanks! I was really happy with it. I thought it looked even better than the other examples of Chadbourne art they show on the website. I'll either frame it or keep it in the Bird Box tray case when I get it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Nice art, congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    That's really stinking cool! Congratulations!!!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Got my original Chadbourne art!

https://instagram.com/p/BXO3ozwlXAx/
    Last edited by jeffingoff; 08-01-2017, 01:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'm getting the Chadbourne art!
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Congratulations! That's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Well I hope you got it, that would be mighty cool! Congrats on adding a the lettered edition to the collection either way.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    WELL, on launch day, I bought the numbered edition. Then as time went by, I kept watching the numbers until the lettered was sold out. Then a lettered became available again and it triggered something in me--some hunter/gatherer instinct--and I pulled the trigger and bought it too. So THEN I emailed Dark Regions and asked if they could either give me the final piece of Chadbourne art (since I bought both editions) or cancel my order for the numbered. Because I apparently need drama in my life.

I don't see why they wouldn't give me the Chadbourne art since I bought the last lettered and no one else can qualify for the special package deal.
    Well I hope you got it, that would be mighty cool! Congrats on adding a the lettered edition to the collection either way.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Did anyone get the Chadbourne original art pieces?
    WELL, on launch day, I bought the numbered edition. Then as time went by, I kept watching the numbers until the lettered was sold out. Then a lettered became available again and it triggered something in me--some hunter/gatherer instinct--and I pulled the trigger and bought it too. So THEN I emailed Dark Regions and asked if they could either give me the final piece of Chadbourne art (since I bought both editions) or cancel my order for the numbered. Because I apparently need drama in my life.

I don't see why they wouldn't give me the Chadbourne art since I bought the last lettered and no one else can qualify for the special package deal.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Did anyone get the Chadbourne original art pieces?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Congrats on the -- as American Pickers would say -- bundling deal!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Thanks, guys! It was really just a bunch of luck and "right place at the right time". I'm happy that I took the gamble, though!

I'm sick. I saw that a lettered edition was suddenly available again after being sold out and I bought it. I just . . . bought it. Free will is an illusion.
    It's okay. If anybody understands, it's us. Congratulations on snagging that lettered edition. I think you'll be happy in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    My diabolical plan came to fruition! (cue maniacal laughter)

Okay, so it wasn't that dramatic, but I was doubting things would break my way.

I had the money saved up to be able to get both the lettered editions of Off Season and Bird Box, but then stumbled upon the Kickstarter perk of the Midnight Meat Train for $500 plus matching gift certificate. While that edition of the book had never really been on my radar due to the price tag, I saw this as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and jumped on it, hoping that the lettered editions of the other two books would hold out long enough for the gift certificates to be dispersed. Luckily, the gift certificate came in the nick of time and I was able to snatch up both lettered editions.

In short, I was able to pick up the Ultra Deluxe Midnight Meat Train, and lettered editions of both Off Season and Bird Box for $550 plus shipping! Probably one of the best deals I've been able to swing ever!
    I'm sick. I saw that a lettered edition was suddenly available again after being sold out and I bought it. I just . . . bought it. Free will is an illusion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X