Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Complete that thought.

hahahaha I was just reading my comment and getting annoyed with myself for writing I think in every damn sentence

Comment

Tomorrow Conversation Tree will be putting up for order the Collector's Edition of the first book in their "Weird." line, The House on the Borderlands by William Hope Hodgson. The edition is 225 unnumbered copies with a price tag of $225. The deluxe and lettered will run $585 (200 copies) and $1,895 (26 copies). Anybody looking to pick one of these up?

The Collector's edition is nice and I really enjoy the look of the deluxe, plus the added fun of getting in on a new line of books is enticing, but the pricing and the fact that I already have Centipede's Library of Weird Fiction series on the shelf take me out of the running.

Comment

The look of their books are great however out of my budget.

I love seeing all the awesome pictures of them though.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Tomorrow Conversation Tree will be putting up for order the Collector's Edition of the first book in their "Weird." line, The House on the Borderlands by William Hope Hodgson. The edition is 225 unnumbered copies with a price tag of $225. The deluxe and lettered will run $585 (200 copies) and $1,895 (26 copies). Anybody looking to pick one of these up?

The Collector's edition is nice and I really enjoy the look of the deluxe, plus the added fun of getting in on a new line of books is enticing, but the pricing and the fact that I already have Centipede's Library of Weird Fiction series on the shelf take me out of the running.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Actually the price tag is $275 for the collector’s edition, so with shipping, close to $300 per book, for a series that I remember reading somewhere earlier would run to around 20 books.

I’m on the fence for now.  I have a copy of their edition of Faun, and it is a very nice looking book.  But it is quite the financial investment for stories that I most likely will have in another book.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Actually the price tag is $275 for the collector’s edition, so with shipping, close to $300 per book, for a series that I remember reading somewhere earlier would run to around 20 books.

I’m on the fence for now. Â I have a copy of their edition of Faun, and it is a very nice looking book. Â But it is quite the financial investment for stories that I most likely will have in another book.

B
            Thanks for the price correction. I knew that it was $275, but maybe subconsciously I wanted it to be cheaper... I'm sure that a 20-book collection of these would look incredibly nice on the shelf, but I don't see myself investing over $5500 on the set. Lines have to be drawn somewhere. That being said, I absolutely want you to buy them and post all kinds of pictures so I can enjoy them vicariously!

Comment

Thanks for the price correction. I knew that it was $275, but maybe subconsciously I wanted it to be cheaper... I'm sure that a 20-book collection of these would look incredibly nice on the shelf, but I don't see myself investing over $5500 on the set. Lines have to be drawn somewhere. That being said, I absolutely want you to buy them and post all kinds of pictures so I can enjoy them vicariously!
              Yeah, the series would be a lot more palatable at $225!

B

Comment

One Deluxe left as of this posting. I really like the look of the Deluxe and really wish I had the kind of budget where splurging on this would be feasible. Alas, that is not the case.
                t

Comment

I ended up ordering a Deluxe copy, mostly to get a crack at Foundation. 

The Collectors Edition would have been sufficient enough for me, but my FOMO disagreed...

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                    I ended up ordering a Deluxe copy, mostly to get a crack at Foundation. 

The Collectors Edition would have been sufficient enough for me, but my FOMO disagreed...
                    Congratulations!  I’m unsure about FOUNDATION.  I remember reading it when I was, like, 12 and I think it just went over my head or something because I remember so little of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X