CURIOUS KING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CURIOUS KING

I didn't see a Curious King thread yet, so I hope it's okay to start one.

I'm doing a giveaway on my channel for a standard edition of The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. This sold out yesterday during the pre-order, but this is your chance to win it for free! Just do the three things I mention in the video and the winner will be announced next Monday.

Good Luck!

Ha. I was just coming over here (from your video) to post a link to this.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Well, I just commented for the VERY FIRST TIME on YouTube...

I hadn't even heard of this publisher prior to Jeff posting here. Bummed that I missed out on the book when offered initially by the publisher. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the contest, but I never win these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I hadn't even heard of this publisher prior to Jeff posting here. Bummed that I missed out on the book when offered initially by the publisher. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the contest, but I never win these things.
        The publisher sent a newsletter today and stated that he will be cancelling some orders due to people ordering multiple copies of the same book and will put those up for sale next Monday. From the newsletter:

Since I have reviewed the orders it would appear that there were several people who ordered more than one numbered and standard edition. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing who genuinely had an issue when checking out, and who didn’t, so these will be going back up for sale. The date will be :

Monday, 30th May – 20:30 BST

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

The publisher sent a newsletter today and stated that he will be cancelling some orders due to people ordering multiple copies of the same book and will put those up for sale next Monday. From the newsletter:

Since I have reviewed the orders it would appear that there were several people who ordered more than one numbered and standard edition. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing who genuinely had an issue when checking out, and who didn’t, so these will be going back up for sale. The date will be :

Monday, 30th May – 20:30 BST
          Cool! Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll luck out and get one of those.

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll luck out and get one of those.
            Not sure what time 20:30 BST is but I will say I received the announcement Sunday at exactly noon Pacific daylight savings time. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Ha. I was just coming over here (from your video) to post a link to this.
              Thank you! And to everyone who watched and entered.

Comment

This is monumental! THANK YOU!

Comment

So Curious King is going to be doing new additions of Simmons's Hyperion Cantos. These are books I'd love to get since I missed out on the Sub Press editions, but, just as I was stating in the Earthling thread, my budget is stretched pretty darn thin right now.

Comment

So Curious King is going to be doing new additions of Simmons's Hyperion Cantos. These are books I'd love to get since I missed out on the Sub Press editions, but, just as I was stating in the Earthling thread, my budget is stretched pretty darn thin right now.
                    I missed out on the SubPress set as well and would love a copy of these, but, I imagine that the price point will be insane! Hope they can keep them under $200!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I missed out on the SubPress set as well and would love a copy of these, but, I imagine that the price point will be insane! Hope they can keep them under $200!
                      The numbered editions will be at least double that. If they do a standard edition, those might be around $200, but they had not locked in a standard edition yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

The numbered editions will be at least double that. If they do a standard edition, those might be around $200, but they had not locked in a standard edition yet.
                        This is what I’m afraid of.

Comment

Working...
                        X