Weird House Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I'm not the familiar with the author, but I know my wife is sort of obsessed with the Winchester Mansion, so this book interests her. It's not sale yet - but are Weird Press's books usually in that $40-$60 range?
    Yes, typically in that range.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
      Whew! I owe you big time for that...I had an alarm set for Monday morning, since that's when Joe said it was going live, not Sunday evening...at this point, with only 100 copies, it might've been sold out by Monday a.m.. Well, there's one less now!
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Does anyone know where I can find a contact email for Joe (or anyone) at WHP? I'm not seeing one on the website. Probably right in front of me, but I'm still looking...

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
          Does anyone know where I can find a contact email for Joe (or anyone) at WHP? I'm not seeing one on the website. Probably right in front of me, but I'm still looking...
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
            Thank you! Just for my sanity: where did you find that on the website?

Comment

I didn't, so you're not crazy. That's the email address that sends out the newsletters.

Comment

I'm not the familiar with the author, but I know my wife is sort of obsessed with the Winchester Mansion, so this book interests her. It's not sale yet - but are Weird Press's books usually in that $40-$60 range?
                Winchester House is an expansion of one of his short stories from the collection Weird House published last year, Something in the Water. As I recall, the short story was pretty good (as was the entire collection, for that matter), so it will be interesting to see how he expands the story.

B

Comment

I don't think Joe checks that email. I work for weird house. you can email [email protected] and I can pass any message on to him.

Comment

Originally posted by curtismlawson View Post

I don't think Joe checks that email. I work for weird house. you can email [email protected] and I can pass any message on to him.
                    Thanks Curtis. I did (finally) find a usable email for Joe (through my PayPal), and he addressed my problem right away (missing issue of the magazine- which is excellent, btw! My new favorite).

Comment

I'm not the familiar with the author, but I know my wife is sort of obsessed with the Winchester Mansion, so this book interests her.  It's not sale yet - but are Weird Press's books usually in that $40-$60 range?
                      Psst... Only $45!

https://www.weirdhousepress.com/prod...chester-house/

Comment

Sweet! I didn't see it was on sale yet - just bought a copy. Thanks for the psst

Comment

A quick FYI to all those who ordered the Numbered and/or Lettered) HC of WOLF HUNT 3:

I received my Numbered (1/100) HC of WOLF HUNT 3 yesterday, and noted that the limitation page does not have a number, though there is a box on the werewolf's chest that would suggest one should be written within. However, I emailed Joe Morey about it, and this is how the book is being released, that this is how the materials came from Dark Regions. So if you see what appears to be a missing number and letter on your, respectively, WOLF HUNT 3 Numbered and Lettered edition, don't worry...they're all like that.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            A quick FYI to all those who ordered the Numbered and/or Lettered) HC of WOLF HUNT 3:

I received my Numbered (1/100) HC of WOLF HUNT 3 yesterday, and noted that the limitation page does not have a number, though there is a box on the werewolf's chest that would suggest one should be written within. However, I emailed Joe Morey about it, and this is how the book is being released, that this is how the materials came from Dark Regions. So if you see what appears to be a missing number and letter on your, respectively, WOLF HUNT 3 Numbered and Lettered edition, don't worry...they're all like that.
                            That's a bit of a bummer to hear, not that I have a dog in the fight as I haven never ordered anything from Weird House. I have ordered lots of LE books from DRP and they have always been numbered; so, I'm not sure why DRP would have an issue with that for this specific title. Makes me feel like those posted limited numbers may not be the true number of books produced, but I could easily be wrong. Hope the book turned out well beyond this issue!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

That's a bit of a bummer to hear, not that I have a dog in the fight as I haven never ordered anything from Weird House. I have ordered lots of LE books from DRP and they have always been numbered; so, I'm not sure why DRP would have an issue with that for this specific title. Makes me feel like those posted limited numbers may not be the true number of books produced, but I could easily be wrong. Hope the book turned out well beyond this issue!
                              It looks fine to me...Weird House did a nice job of picking up the ball and running it down the field to a solid touchdown: nice endpapers, sewn-in ribbon bookmark, comfortably-sized font and layout, nice color and weight to the paper stock. Btw, there are no interior illustrations (at least, not in the Numbered). The empty box on the sig page does look odd, but if they're all like that then I can't complain, it is what it is...I just wanted to check with Joe to make sure mine hadn't somehow fallen through the cracks in the numbering process.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

UPDATE: Joe emailed me a couple/few days later, and it turns out the signature/limitation pages SHOULD be numbered, that there should be a number in the box on the werewolf's chest. So if you received a copy of the book, email Joe and inquire as to what your number should be...he has some sort of system in place at this point to allow him to provide that info.

Comment

Working...
                                X