Dark Regions Press:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Regions Press:

I thought we had a Dark Regions Press thread but could not find it so I am starting one.

I have been one to complain about Dark Regions Crowd Funding sales and overly complex promotions. They are now trying something that, while I question if it will work, I have to give them props for the attempt. I hope they are wildly successful.

Dark Regions is jumping to the NFT craze and selling some NFT art form one of their books.

Rarible – Create, sell or collect digital items secured with #blockchain

Never heard of NFT. Had to google it and still don't understand it.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Just read a bit at that link, and I'm in the same boat...no idea what it all means. Sounds a bit like Bitcoin, I guess, but no idea if I'm even close in that assumption.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

They're about a month too late on NFTs, that market is crashing hard.

Comment

The Bitcoin reference is close as it uses the same block chain technology to save a digital file using a Non-Fungible Token (NFT). It is essentially a digital serial number or finger print that is applied to something that only exists in digital format. It is also used in video games and virtual worlds. Digital art is selling for rather remarkable amounts, sometimes in the millions of dollars. NFL Quarterback Patrick has partnered with some digital artists to auction art for his charity. A single piece of art in that auction sold for around $250,000. Dark Regions is selling the original art from a publication but the original art was created digitally rather than being painted, drawn or photographed.

Comment

Dammit, man. Now I need to go look up block chain technology. LOL LOL

Thanks for the explanation however with each of your posts on this it feels like I'm getting deeper into the rabbit hole.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            The Bitcoin reference is close as it uses the same block chain technology to save a digital file using a Non-Fungible Token (NFT). It is essentially a digital serial number or finger print that is applied to something that only exists in digital format. It is also used in video games and virtual worlds. Digital art is selling for rather remarkable amounts, sometimes in the millions of dollars. NFL Quarterback Patrick has partnered with some digital artists to auction art for his charity. A single piece of art in that auction sold for around $250,000. Dark Regions is selling the original art from a publication but the original art was created digitally rather than being painted, drawn or photographed.
            Last edited by Ben Staad; 04-21-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Dammit, man. Now I need to go look up block chain technology. LOL LOL

Thanks for the explanation however with each of your posts on this it feels like I'm getting deeper into the rabbit's hole.

It is a deep rabbit hole. Time for me to just back away from the keyboard.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but the whole concept of NFT's is just a bit outside of my comfort zone as I'm a bit of a technophobe (I got my first cellphone a 3 years ago).

Comment

I 100% agree. Electronic data is very insubstantial to me.

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
                  Maybe it's just me but the whole concept of NFT's is just a bit outside of my comfort zone as I'm a bit of a technophobe (I got my first cellphone a 3 years ago).

Comment

My big issue with NFTs is that all you really "own" is a link, and if someone changes what that link points to, or the server whatever the link points to goes down, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      My big issue with NFTs is that all you really "own" is a link, and if someone changes what that link points to, or the server whatever the link points to goes down, that's your problem.
                      Technically you own the key which is embedded on the item but your point is correct in that it is stored on a server and if you are unable to access the server it is lost. Another real concern is that the key is extremely tightly controlled. If you lose the key you are SOL. If you have something of high value in a banks safe deposit box and something happens to the bank you are in the same boat as the server being destroyed with one exception. I assume that the server has a backup and your property can be recovered. If the bank is destroyed they do not another of your original backed up to get to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Maybe you're talking about the same person, I read few weeks back some guy was making 40,000$ a month using NFTs. Apparently he has lot of connections to make more such artwork.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post

Maybe you're talking about the same person, I read few weeks back some guy was making 40,000$ a month using NFTs. Apparently he has lot of connections to make more such artwork.
                          There are several artists now making a living selling NFTs. PBS Newshour recently did a lengthy profile on man who was a programmer and created digital art as a hobby in his spare time. He is now wealthy and doing digital art full time. He was as surprised as anyone else.

Here is one of the websites they are selling their work through. Get busy guys, this could pay for you book addiction! MakersPlace - Premier Rare Digital Art Market
                          Last edited by Martin; 04-21-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

The last time I tried to be cutting edge, I invested in a Sony Betamax player....What could go wrong it's Sony LOL!!

Comment

LOL. Mine is more current but I did venture into MS Zune and then Apple IPOD Touch Gen 6 (?) and both were complete failures. Zune went belly up, MS lost rights to much of my content, and then made things only accessible through some site which I never could gain access too. Lost a few thousand dollars in purchased music once the actual player stopped working.

The Apple product is more of a failure of mine. I didn't realize you needed to create multiple accounts on apple sites and provide a prolific amount of personal information to do so. I declined and basically just wasted my money.

Much happier sticking with CDs,Vinyl, VHS, and DVDs.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

The last time I tried to be cutting edge, I invested in a Sony Betamax player....What could go wrong it's Sony LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                              X