Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauntlet Press (with and w/out Borderlands partnership)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it that bad? That was a set that I had wanted to get at the time, but couldn't swing financially. It was a major regret at the time, but I forgot all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
      Was it that bad? That was a set that I had wanted to get at the time, but couldn't swing financially. It was a major regret at the time, but I forgot all about it.
      The set was supposed to have a slipcase, no slipcase, no refund, no explanation. Full of clerical/editorial mistakes and as you noted, it cost a bit of money. We'll see about the Pines!!
      Last edited by mhatchett; 12-06-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Just placed my preorder for the Crouch and the Garton books. Am excited for these titles and hope that Gauntlet/Borderlands does them well!

Comment

I’m currently reading BORDERLANDS 7, and the typos and formatting issues within give me pause, no matter how much I want THE PINES trilogy (and DRACULAS). Then I see F. *Paulo* Wilson mentioned on the Gauntlet promo page for PINES, and it’s just...just...tiring and wearisome. I don’t know what I’m going to do yet. I’ve waited years for a limited of THE PINES...it’s a shame I can’t see this as a must-buy.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            I’m currently reading BORDERLANDS 7, and the typos and formatting issues within give me pause, no matter how much I want THE PINES trilogy (and DRACULAS). Then I see F. *Paulo* Wilson mentioned on the Gauntlet promo page for PINES, and it’s just...just...tiring and wearisome. I don’t know what I’m going to do yet. I’ve waited years for a limited of THE PINES...it’s a shame I can’t see this as a must-buy.
            I remember reading Submerged, and the number of typos was just unreal. It was so bad that I joked about CD needing a new proofreader, and they said it was Tom Monteleone's wife who proofread the book. Between that and the issues I've had with recent Gauntlet books, I doubt I'll be ordering anything.

Comment

I just popped over to the Gauntlet website, to check which pre-orders were available per today's newsletter, and as soon as I clicked the pre-order page link, my Norton went crazy.....blocked the page, and started a few dozen alerts that they had stopped a malicious program. Be careful if you surf over there....
              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                I just popped over to the Gauntlet website, to check which pre-orders were available per today's newsletter, and as soon as I clicked the pre-order page link, my Norton went crazy.....blocked the page, and started a few dozen alerts that they had stopped a malicious program. Be careful if you surf over there....
                I got an error earlier, but Gauntlet's site is always glitchy. Here's a link to the Pines ordering page - https://www.gauntletpress.com/product/pines/

Comment

The site is back up now, and I placed my order for Pines. I tried doing it earlier and the site died. I wasn't super worried since the newsletter did say pre-orders would be available on the 31st . . .

Comment

I hear you. Do I want to spend $65 for a book that’s going to be unreadable when I have a very nice paperback copy with very few typos that I paid $7 for

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

I hear you. Do I want to spend $65 for a book that’s going to be unreadable when I have a very nice paperback copy with very few typos that I paid $7 for
                      I'm rolling the dice on The Pines for$50.00ish but not $200.00, come on 2021!!!

Comment

Can't speak to the issues with Borderlands; however, the reason F. Paul Wilson is mentioned on the Gauntlet promo page for PINES is because he is writing an afterword for the book and is signing the lettered edition.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Can't speak to the issues with Borderlands; however, the reason F. Paul Wilson is mentioned on the Gauntlet promo page for PINES is because he is writing an afterword for the book and is signing the lettered edition.
                          Yes, I know. My point in mentioning that — and highlighting a misspelled “Paulo” in my original post — was that Paul was misspelled as Paulo throughout the promo. I just checked, and it’s now been corrected, but is still misspelled as Paulo in the DRACULAS promo (and the “F” is missing in the SIGNALZ promo). It’s a small thing, but symptomatic and illustrative of the proofreading and formatting issues both Gauntlet and (especially) Borderlands has these days, and why after suffering through a barrage of it in BORDERLANDS 7 I’m a bit wary to order any of these new releases, even though the content appeals to me. If they can’t even produce typo/error-free promo pages for their product(s), what confidence can I have that the product itself will be free of a litany of errors and typos and worthy of its premium pricetag?

Comment

This is exactly how I feel. I want to be excited about these announcements, but I feel like it’s a gamble. Especially because there’s been nothing from Borderlands and/or Gauntlet addressing these valid concerns. A simple “hey, this has been an issue and we’re doubling down on making sure that this isn’t a problem moving forward” would go a long way.

Comment

Just received my copy of Ravenous by Ray Garton. It turned out really great. I love the cover art. I also am really happy with the new introduction by Garton and the new afterword by Chizmar. Can't wait to dig into this book. I did not know that this story existed until the Gauntlet announcement. FYI- I did not receive any kind of shipping notice for this one; so, if you ordered a copy, you may want to keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

This is exactly how I feel. I want to be excited about these announcements, but I feel like it’s a gamble. Especially because there’s been nothing from Borderlands and/or Gauntlet addressing these valid concerns. A simple “hey, this has been an issue and we’re doubling down on making sure that this isn’t a problem moving forward” would go a long way.
                                After months of consideration, I ended up canceling my preorder of THE PINES last week. I kept hoping that uninspired digital clip art they are using for the cover on their website was a placeholder, but now it appears all but certain it is the true cover. Given that I have a nice signed tpb with better art than that and it bears no typos or odd formatting issues, I've decided to call that tpb Good Enough. Really unfortunate and disappointing...the PINES trilogy was one of those volume(s) that I hoped for so long and so fervently that a small press publisher would do it justice and I'd be pleased and proud to have a beautiful deluxe edition(s) on my shelf...but what I'm seeing on the Gauntlet site isn't what I was envisioning, not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X