No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That edition of Paradise Sky is really nice. It might also be my favorite western novel from Lansdale too. I know it was the one that made me actually enjoy westerns - I always poo-pooed them for some reason.

The Earthling Thicket is nice, but it was pricey for what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Too funny -- I need SST's PARADISE SKY as well. I have three Lansdales signed trade 1st HCs that I would like to upgrade -- THE THICKET, PARADISE SKY, and MOON LAKE. I believe I have everything else in limited (that was offered in limited). EDGE OF DARK WATER, too, though that's probably my least priority. Not really sure why THE THICKET has become my first priority, as of the two westerns I probably liked PARADISE SKY more. Anyhow, I hope to have the three, if not all four, limiteds on my shelf before the end of next year...trying to teach myself patience and not blow the budget by getting all four in a mad rush.
      I went to the Seattle Antiquarian Book Fair today, and saw and held a copy of PS’ S/L edition of Lansdale’s EDGE OF DARK WATER, and I think I’m now fine with my signed trade 1st. Very unimpressive, even by PS standards…little more than a signed UK trade.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Semi-related: I really enjoyed the time I went there - it was quite a bit of fun. My buddy Brandon has an on-line bookstore that's a vendor this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          Semi-related: I really enjoyed the time I went there - it was quite a bit of fun. My buddy Brandon has an on-line bookstore that's a vendor this year.
          It was great to attend after a couple Covid years off…I’ve been going for a couple decades. If your buddy sells anything even remotely in the horror, crime, mystery, or sci-fi genres — or even modern American 1sts — I’m sure I stopped in his booth today.

Comment

They have a ton of stuff - https://www.perusethestacks.com/

ETA: I met Brandon because of a post I made on TDT forums looking for a
            Lansdale chapbook of all things.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              Interestingly, there was a seller there who had a chapbook of Lansdale's THE HUNGRY SNOW...no idea if that was his booth or not. He also had a large three-ring binder of ephemera -- letters, signatures, etc. -- of various authors that was a lot of fun to look through. Kept hoping to find that signed/endorsed Cornell Woolrich royalty/payment check that I've looked for for a decade or two (there are a number of them out there, but none of which have coincided with my good timing), but no such luck.

Comment

To complete sets I would probably want to grab hobbomock and the window black voltages next. Plus of course sins of the father and deceived. I never give up.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                  To complete sets I would probably want to grab hobbomock and the window black voltages next. Plus of course sins of the father and deceived. I never give up.
                  How many Black Voltage titles do you have left to complete your set or are these the last two needed?

Comment

I know I have The Hobbomock BV. I may have the Window (or rather, I know I did have it at one point, but may have previously sold it; I'll check tonight).

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

How many Black Voltage titles do you have left to complete your set or are these the last two needed?
                      I have about a third of them. That would complete the Glenn Rolfe and Ryan C Thomas BV sets.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

I know I have The Hobbomock BV. I may have the Window (or rather, I know I did have it at one point, but may have previously sold it; I'll check tonight).
                        Thank you. Just let me know.

Comment

Thank you. Just let me know.
                          Sent you a message!

Comment

Tempting

Comment

Tempting
                              It's not going anywhere, so just let me know.

Comment

Grabbed the window. I think I'll go after soultaker by Bryan Smith next.

Comment

Working...
                                X