Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splync View Post
    Kevin Lucia posted the signature sheets over on Facebook. Looks like the limitation for Pleasant Brook is 144 copies.
    Yeah, it didn't quite break that 200-copy mark I was hoping it would, but considering that the print run is close to triple what Thunderstorm normally does, I'd consider it a pretty big success. I'm wondering how many copies of the 144 was sold through CD.

Only a couple of days left to preorder the Fracassi title. Very curious to see the print run on that one as well.

Comment

A new Black Voltage up for pre-order. Road of Bones by Christopher Golden.

I have tried reading a few books and stories from this author and I'm not a fan so I will be passing. That being said this sounds like a great story and I'm sure the production will be lovely. Hope everyone who wants a copy will get one.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

This one sounds good, but I too have struggled with Golden’s books in the past. I’m on the fence as of right now, but I hope it’s a quick seller for Thunderstorm.

Anybody read the book and would care to knock me off the fence in either direction?

Comment

I was very excited by today's announcement and pre-ordered a copy right away as I love me some Golden. I haven't read everything as he is quite prolific; however, the handful that I have read made a big impact on me. I truly loved Strangewood, The Boys Are Back in Town, & Ararat. The others that I have read such as Tin Men & Straight on til Morning were quite good too! I have mostly avoided his multi-book series as they are usually not my sort of thing. Road of Bones has been on my radar for awhile; however, I hadn't gotten around to picking it up as there were some other books that I wanted a bit more when it was first released. Now that Thunderstorm has announced their signed limited edition, I'm very glad that I waited on the trade edition as I try to avoid having multiple copies of the same book these days.

Comment

Congrats! Hope you love it.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
            I was very excited by today's announcement and pre-ordered a copy right away as I love me some Golden. I haven't read everything as he is quite prolific; however, the handful that I have read made a big impact on me. I truly loved Strangewood, The Boys Are Back in Town, & Ararat. The others that I have read such as Tin Men & Straight on til Morning were quite good too! I have mostly avoided his multi-book series as they are usually not my sort of thing. Road of Bones has been on my radar for awhile; however, I hadn't gotten around to picking it up as there were some other books that I wanted a bit more when it was first released. Now that Thunderstorm has announced their signed limited edition, I'm very glad that I waited on the trade edition as I try to avoid having multiple copies of the same book these days.

Comment

I don't know if I've ever read anything by Golden.

Did anyone else catch the print run? 300 copies is a lot for Thunderstorm!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                I don't know if I've ever read anything by Golden.

Did anyone else catch the print run? 300 copies is a lot for Thunderstorm!
                Yeah, I noticed that high print run too! I figured it was a contractual thing since Paul's working with the Big 5 on this release. I really hope he can sell out his allotment, especially since he can only sell this one in North America. (Wonder if SST or PS Publishing will be doing the Euro-version? They are the only overseas limited publishers that I shop from and can think of off the top of my head)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  Congrats! Hope you love it.

Thanks! I really hope I enjoy it too!!!

Comment

I passed at least for now. I went with the black voltage of They by JF Gonzalez instead.

Comment

In case anybody missed it, yesterday during the Buzz Book Expo, Paul announced that Thunderstorm would be doing a limited edition of Fracassi's BEHOLD THE VOID. Keep your eyes peeled for the official announcement. Also, if you still haven't picked up a copy of BENEATH A PALE SKY, the preorder window was extended until 9/21.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        In case anybody missed it, yesterday during the Buzz Book Expo, Paul announced that Thunderstorm would be doing a limited edition of Fracassi's BEHOLD THE VOID. Keep your eyes peeled for the official announcement. Also, if you still haven't picked up a copy of BENEATH A PALE SKY, the preorder window was extended until 9/21.
                        I have not read Beneath a Pale Sky (yet) but Behold the Void is a great collection.

Good to see Void finally getting the LE treatment.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          Good to know…will have to match that to my BaPS volume that I pre-ordered.

Also, received a shipping notice yesterday for my self-pub’d Fracassi chapbook.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Looks like Beneath a Pale Sky ended up at 208 copies. Not too shabby for a Thunderstorm release!

Comment

Looks like Beneath a Pale Sky ended up at 208 copies. Not too shabby for a Thunderstorm release!
                              Not bad at all! Very much looking forward to it.

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Comment

Working...
                                X