Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    So long as your number isn't below 60ish, you'll probably be ok. Under that, I suspect people collecting BVs will get priority for matching.
    I asked for #110 - Paul said he'd see what he can do. Not that it matters - my CD GE version isn't the same number.

Comment

Ordered as well!

Comment

Well, it looks like the sales of the Tremblay set didn't break 200 over the 24 hour period, so the print run will be set at that 200 mark. I hope that this is success for Thunderstorm.

Comment

A couple of other cool announcements that came from the Expo that hasn't been touched on in the thread:

1. A new book, NEMESAI, by Brian Keene and John Urbancik is currently up for preorder with the print run determined by demand.

2. One of my personal favorite Thunderstorm lines is returning. The Elemental line is back with Weston Ochse's PETS DURING WARTIME. The unsigned paperback is up for sale right now, but there will be a signed hardcover as well.

3. And what I thought might get a couple of forum members here excited: a new line dedicated to Jeff Strand called "Gleefully Macabre". Thunderstorm has done some impressive single author lines before with Bryan Smith's Bitter Ale and Jonathan Janz's Shadow Side books. I haven't read much of Strand, but he's been an author I keep wanting to try and this might be a good chance to do so.

Comment

The Bitter Ale books LOOK great but you probably just put a big ol' dent in them just by looking. That cover material is absurdly soft and prone to damage.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              The Bitter Ale books LOOK great but you probably just put a big ol' dent in them just by looking. That cover material is absurdly soft and prone to damage.
              Yeah, I remember when Camelot stopped carrying them and marked down their stock to sell them off. It's a shame because they are some very nice looking books. If a series of books ever needed slipcases it was this one. I wonder if that had any influence on Paul and Bryan Smith ending the line?

The Douglas Westerns also don't absorb damage too well, either. I've been thinking of rebuilding a set of them since I sold mine off a few years back, but if I did, I'd want to figure out to make some nice cases for them.

Comment

I'M looking forward to the Jeff Strand line. I ordered the Ochse book. His writing in my opinion is like Lansdales .

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  I'M looking forward to the Jeff Strand line. I ordered the Ochse book. His writing in my opinion is like Lansdales .
                  Good to know about Ochse. I haven't read anything by him, but I'm familiar with his name. I'll be picking up the hardcover version, I think.

Comment

Big news from Brian Keene’s newsletter today. Looks like both his podcast is ending and his Maelstrom imprint at Thunderstorm is retiring. Nothing nefarious causing these changes, especially with TSB. Sounds like natural outgrowing of the imprint.

Comment

He's been through a lot lately I think, might be time to wind down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        Big news from Brian Keene’s newsletter today. Looks like both his podcast is ending and his Maelstrom imprint at Thunderstorm is retiring. Nothing nefarious causing these changes, especially with TSB. Sounds like natural outgrowing of the imprint.
                        He announced the end of the Pod cast on Wednesday. He said he is going to have more time to write now. He has been through a lot in the past couple of years.

Comment

A few quick comments on some of the above:

* I'm looking forward to the new Strand line, though if the line is representative of the material that Strand writes, I approach it cautiously and lightly skeptical, as humor and horror is a fine balance that not everyone can manage well. But that said, Strand's obviously an expert at that horror-humor hybrid niche, and I'm sure the line will be well-managed in his capable hands...it will be interesting to see which authors he invites into the lineup.

* I've tried Ochse a couple of times without success, so skipped the new offered chapbook.

* While I'm sorry for Paul the two-volume Tremblay set didn't hit 300 (and am kind of surprised as well, honestly), I certainly can't complain about a low, low 200-copy limitation for the set. What was unfortunate for Paul is good for those of us who bought it, I suppose. I think this set will sustain its value very well, given how many folks are on the Tremblay train these days, with more hopping aboard with each new release. Kudos to Paul for bringing forth this set...I couldn't order it fast enough when I saw it offered on the Book Buzz broadcast.

* Yes, the cessation of Brian's The Horror Show is unfortunate. I've been a semi-regular listener since the beginning(ish), and to see the Twitter meltdown that prompted (or at least helped along) his decision was disappointing. I certainly don't disagree with his reasoning, though, and I'm sure it'll just pay benefits to those of us who enjoy his fiction.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Anybody take advantage of this morning’s offer, 1/52 of the series of S/L HCs of all the Death’s Head Splatter Westerns? I was certainly tempted, but ultimately decided to pass. Still kinda wondering if I made the right call, but what’s done is done.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Anybody take advantage of this morning’s offer, 1/52 of the series of S/L HCs of all the Death’s Head Splatter Westerns? I was certainly tempted, but ultimately decided to pass. Still kinda wondering if I made the right call, but what’s done is done.
                              I did Ron. Secured letter 'A'. These sound great.

Comment

Congrats, Kresby...wise decision and, hey, great choice of letter!

Someone really needs to invent a time machine for needed do-overs like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X