New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Just got a shipping notice from SubPress, which I expect is for the limited of The Shining!!!
    Awesome news, Brad!!!
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Just got my shipping notice from SP!! I wonder why mine took so long....

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
        Just got my shipping notice from SP!! I wonder why mine took so long....
        Which are you getting, limited, gift or lettered?

Comment

Sub Press are having a major issue with the S/L of The Shining at the moment. A large number of these books have problems with ink rubbing off the marbled paper book cover and staining the traycase. Over at the Dark Tower Forum the posts are getting very heated...
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

Sounds like trouble. Maybe they should have stayed here with the production of the book instead of outsourcing.

Comment

Has CD managed to ship out all their copies yet? I don't recall seeing a shipping notice nor do I recall receiving the book. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                Sub Press are having a major issue with the S/L of The Shining at the moment. A large number of these books have problems with ink rubbing off the marbled paper book cover and staining the traycase. Over at the Dark Tower Forum the posts are getting very heated...
                Wow, I didn't know that. Now I'm worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  Which are you getting, limited, gift or lettered?
                  Limited.

Comment

My copy has a very mild imprint from one line on the traycase (the back) from the edge of the paper on the cover. Overall though, it's fine.

Comment

I didn't notice anything on my S/L copy, but I should probably take a closer look.

Comment

Update from Sub Press:

Hi all,

We're aware that that during the shipping of the Signed, Limited Edition of The Shining, some copies sent to customers arrived in less than perfect condition.

If you're one of these customers: First, I apologize. Subterranean Press is committed to getting it right for every customer. Second, let me talk about these issues, and how we're going to make it right for you.

The Traycase:
                        We did not poly-bag roughly the first half of the orders we shipped, which in some cases resulted in the transfer of some pigment from books to the suede on the inside of the traycases. If your traycase suffers from this problem, you're eligible for the solutions outlined below.

The Book:
                        The books are what is known as a three-piece case, with one material used for the spine, and hand-marbled paper covering the rest of the boards. We have used hand-marbled paper in the past, without issue, including on such major titles as The Graveyard Book(Neil Gaiman) and
                        The Martian Chronicles(Ray Bradbury). In this case, however, some copies experienced scuffing. This occurred during the manufacturing process,not in our packing and handling of the books, or in shipping.

How We'll Make It Right:
                        If you're affected by the traycase issue,we're offering the following:

1. A replacement traycase upon receipt of proof that yours suffered from more than minimal color transfer.

2. A coupon code good for $40 off any purchase later this year through the SubPress website.

3. A dust jacket created especially for the limited edition. Everyone who bought a copy from us, even if it's flawless, will be sent one of these.

If you're affected by the scuffing, be aware we have no simple solution for this manufacturing issue. If this is a deal breaker for you, we understand, and will refund what you paid for the book and shipping (both to receive the book and return it).

If you want to take advantage of our offer,send a separate email to me at [email protected], and include a photo of any traycase discoloration. Don't forget to include your name and address, and your name in the subject line of the email. Refund requests should go to the same address. Please do not reply to this email directly, as it will result in an unwieldy chain, and I won't see your message. We need to receive all emails no later than May 1, 2014.

We're immensely proud of howThe Shining turned out overall. This doesn't detract from the fact that for some of you, all the details did not fall comfortably into place. We apologize for that.

Best,

Bill
                        SubPress

Comment

Thanks for posting that Dave. I got mine through a reseller so I'm a little out of touch with the issues. I've looked over my copy thoroughly and I'm very happy with it. I have what Bill would probably call minimal color transfer but it's certainly not a concern for me. I want to make sure I get the dust jacket to help protect the book. I've been in touch with my reseller and he's been very accommodating and willing to make sure it's all worked out properly.

Comment

I just checked my copy and saw no problem at all. It'll be nice to get a dust jacket all the same.

Comment

Ugh, what a headache! The dust jacket is a nice touch though.

Comment

When I look at mine in better light, the lines one each side of the case look dark enough that I did ask for a replacement. We'll see. Either way, I think SubPress is handing this well.

Comment

Working...
                                X