New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome news! Thanks for posting it.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Am I correct that if the order was placed through CD, then SP ships to CD and CD ships it to me? Of does SP ship direct to the customer?

Comment

If you ordered through CD, it will be shipped from CD.

Comment

Shippification, ha ha. Well that's good news.

Comment

Yes it is. Ok Squire I admit I was wrong on the implement in the book. I have been watching some of my favorite horror movies with my boys and being the sick twisted person I am I figured with the cold and snow and being stuck inside I would introduce them to what happens when you get a real bad case of cabin fever.. Also I have not read The Shining in years. Plan on reading it again afetr the
            Sub Press edition gets here and then read Dr. Sleep. Oh and just for you also Squire I soon will be reading the Original version of The Stand so when I tell you that the Uncut version is better I will be able to finally say...well having read both editions I can honestly say the uncut version is better and maybe mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Yes it is. Ok Squire I admit I was wrong on the implement in the book. I have been watching some of my favorite horror movies with my boys and being the sick twisted person I am I figured with the cold and snow and being stuck inside I would introduce them to what happens when you get a real bad case of cabin fever.. Also I have not read The Shining in years. Plan on reading it again afetr the
              Sub Press edition gets here and then read Dr. Sleep. Oh and just for you also Squire I soon will be reading the Original version of The Stand so when I tell you that the Uncut version is better I will be able to finally say...well having read both editions I can honestly say the uncut version is better and maybe mean it.
              I'll be really interested to hear your thoughts on the Shining and Doctor Sleep being read together. To me the two books had little in common...

Comment

I much preferred the original version of The Stand. The half-assed changes to update the story to 1990 ruined the uncut version for me.

Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  Oh and just for you also Squire I soon will be reading the Original version of The Stand so when I tell you that the Uncut version is better I will be able to finally say...well having read both editions I can honestly say the uncut version is better and maybe mean it.
                  This is going to be the year of the weighty tome for me; I've got some massive ones lined up for this year: David Copperfield, the Count of Monte Cristo, Infinite Justice, Ullysses, Juliette and some others. I'm thinking about throwing both versions of The Stand( for the original version, and for the uncut version) in the mix as well, should I have time. I told myself I would never submit myself to the pain of reading the "uncut" version again, but "never" is an awfully long time.

But we'll see.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Squire I started The Stand this afternoon. So in about five or six days I will let you know what I thought. This year I am trying to catch up on lots of things I have been really wanting to read. Knocked off Boys Life.Now the original Stand. Some of the others are Only Child which has been on my list to read for 3 years.Also Black Hills and Carrion Comfort and a few Ray Garton books and a few more McCammon books.

Comment

Bill just tweeted that the gift edition is now in their warehouse. Shipping begins Tuesday/Wednesday.

Hunter

Comment

Can't wait for it to arrive!

Comment

Great news...

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
                            I much preferred the original version of The Stand. The half-assed changes to update the story to 1990 ruined the uncut version for me.

Hunter
                            Agreed! Though some of the weird deaths of unsavory types was amusing.
                            MDH

Comment

Awesome!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Can't wait to see some photos of this edition. Great news!!!
                                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X