New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Sub.Press is usually pretty close on the publication days. If you look at the list from top to bottom that is usually a good idea of what will be published next. Also you never know how the printing process is going to go. That is where a lot of things get held up.
    Anybody got any word from them? I was kind of hoping it'd come out about the same time as Doctor Sleep.

Comment

November is what it says on their site.
      Originally posted by coderedx View Post
      Anybody got any word from them? I was kind of hoping it'd come out about the same time as Doctor Sleep.

Comment

Well, looks like this won't be coming out in November. Latest e-mail from Sub Press says that there's been a few bumps at the printers and that they will update when they have more info.

Comment

I know people always want the books now, but things will happen. It will get here. Remain calm all....remain calm....

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            I know people always want the books now, but things will happen. It will get here. Remain calm all....remain calm....
            I agree. A delay with a book production is not nearly the end of the world. Patience is a virtue, after all!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              I agree. A delay with a book production is not nearly the end of the world. Patience is a virtue, after all!
              And it's not like we haven't all read it before

Comment

Latest newsletter:

The Shining (Stephen King) is progressing nicely at both printers. We've already suffered a few bumps along the way, which mean the book won't make its November deadline. We'll update you as soon as we have more information.
                John

Comment

I'm not too concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    I'm not too concerned.
                    Nor am I. A small press missing a deadline is common.

John

Comment

Now there's this...

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/st...hining_update1

Comment

Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
                        Sigh. Mid January for the gift edition. But I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Comment

Again not too concerned, I figured January was going to be around the time of release when they said they were having some delays.

Comment

Me either. Delays are all part of life. Something that too many people don't understand. When it gets here it gets here.

Comment

It's not like I haven't read it...

As long as the slipcase isn't too tight on this one...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

FYI, in case you guys didn't get the email:

Stephen King's The Shining is running a bit late, but you knew that already, right?

Here's a brief history and update on the project:

When Steve chose to let us publish Limited and Gift Editions of The Shining, we scheduled a production meeting with our usual printer, Thomson-Shore (who we cannot recommend highly enough, by the way.)

At the meeting, we made it clear that the entire print job was to be theirs, provided they could handle the slipcases for the Gift Edition. They don't produce slipcases in house, and didn't have a company they were comfortable in partnering with on this, so we made the decision to use Leo USA (who produced my favorite Neil Gaiman limited, Neverwhere) for the Gift Edition.

Copies of the Gift Edition will be done in the next week, and will ship to us from Hong Kong. With travel time, and the need to clear customs, we hope to begin shipping this edition in mid-January.

The Signed, Limited Edition resides with Thomson-Shore. We commissioned hand marbled paper for part of the binding (with the spine of each book being cloth). Now that everything is in hand, T-S tells us that the Limited will be printed November 26.

As soon as the Limited Edition is done, we'll send a copy out to Kater-Craft, in California, who will handle the traycases. These will take a few months. We'll update folks again as soon as we have a firm date from them.

The Signed Lettered Edition is being hand bound at Kater-Craft, and will likely be finished early in the Spring.

That's where things stand at the moment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me an email.

Before I'm out of your hair, I should add that we've seen sample bindings, the printed but unbound book, the color plates, and the other assorted by-products of producing a book, and everything looks just stunning.

Best,
                                Bill

PS. The Limited and Lettered Editions are long sold out, and we're down to fewer than 200 of the Gift.

Comment

Working...
                                X