Dark Tower: The Wind Through The Keyhole - DMG Limited Editions in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been added to my 'to read' list

I'm very torn at the moment, 'The Little Sisters of Eluria' S/L is selling at a premium at the moment and i could sell for double what i paid for it, but if i did i would then have no 'Little Sisters' S/L & no direct route to the 'TWTTK' S/L ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
      Its been added to my 'to read' list

I'm very torn at the moment, 'The Little Sisters of Eluria' S/L is selling at a premium at the moment and i could sell for double what i paid for it, but if i did i would then have no 'Little Sisters' S/L & no direct route to the 'TWTTK' S/L ...
      Same here. But correct me if I'm wrong, even if you sell your copy, Grant still has you down as buying it so they should still give you, like me as well, first shot at buying the new one next year??

Comment

Not if the buyer registers the book they have bought off you with Grant!

Comment

Yep. Generally, you must still be the owner, of whichever book they decide allows you purchase of the new one, at the time of the next purchase. Seems fair to me.

Comment

I didn't even think of that. Must be the painkillers lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              Yep. Generally, you must still be the owner, of whichever book they decide allows you purchase of the new one, at the time of the next purchase. Seems fair to me.
              I wonder what happens when you sell Desperation like I did? Can the seller register that book with Grant? Or perhaps it's way too old to do that...

Comment

They can do it i think because Grant keep records, but as they only use the previous limited edition for new releases then it won't be of any real use i don't think

Comment

Thanks. That's what I was hoping you'd say.

Comment

Its been given a Feb 2012 release date!

Comment

I got an e-mail from DMG this morning. King has agreed to sign 800 copies of the Deluxe Edition. This is a smaller print run than Little Sisters, so there will be a lottery for people who have #s over 800, but they don't expect to have many copies left over. They have no release date for their editions yet, and also no price, and they are not taking orders yet.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

My little sisters S/L is in the #300's so i am safe for a S/L of the new book

Comment

My little sisters S/L is in the #300's so i am safe for a S/L of the new book
                          Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think they have announced which book you need to qualify. Little Sisters would be logical, being the last sold, but who knows.

Comment

From today's newsletter:

2. Stephen King has agreed to sign only 800 copies of a Deluxe
                            Edition. In keeping with our policies of supporting long time
                            customers, owners of Deluxe Edition copies of THE LITTLE
                            SISTERS OF ELURIA numbered 1-800 will have the first option
                            to buy this Deluxe Edition.

We will initially have a “postcard lottery” for unclaimed copies
                            (which we expect to be very few) eligible for those who have a
                            Deluxe Edition numbered higher than 800.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think they have announced which book you need to qualify. Little Sisters would be logical, being the last sold, but who knows.
                              Yes they have

Comment

And now I hear they moved it up to Febuary? I mean the release. I better start saving up. Anyone know the cost? I hope it's no more than $300 or they can keep 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X