[INDEXED]Four Legs in the Morning by Norman Prentiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norman Prentiss View Post

One of my ideas was to make him the main character, but to only have him appear in cameo (if at all) in his stories. I've definitely got more Sibley stories to write, along with other projects--so I don't think you've seen the last of him!
    I read this over the weekend and the above quote sums up one of the great things about this collection. After putting the book down I was reminded of a story I've heard about how Anthony Hopkins won the best actor award for The Silence of the Lambs with only 16 minutes of screen time. I've never timed it myself, but the same effect takes place within this book. What would be Dr. Sibley's "screen time" is small yet his influence over the other characters is so strong that he permeates each page of this collection.

The art is also well done with two pieces in particular standing out to me but they are best discovered in the context of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by cdfan View Post
      I read this over the weekend and the above quote sums up one of the great things about this collection. After putting the book down I was reminded of a story I've heard about how Anthony Hopkins won the best actor award for The Silence of the Lambs with only 16 minutes of screen time. I've never timed it myself, but the same effect takes place within this book. What would be Dr. Sibley's "screen time" is small yet his influence over the other characters is so strong that he permeates each page of this collection.

The art is also well done with two pieces in particular standing out to me but they are best discovered in the context of the story.
      Thanks for the kind words, cdfan! That's an interesting comment about Hannibal Lechter and screen time, esp. since your impression after the movie is that he's in it a lot longer. I also think that quiet horror (which is a mode I drift towards, mostly) is often occupied with what's offscreen and what's unsaid--and that's a lot of what I was trying to do with Sibley.

(I'm curious which two art pieces you are thinking of. If you're afraid of spoiling the art for people who haven't read, maybe mention the page numbers if you get the chance...?)

Comment

Originally posted by Norman Prentiss View Post
        (I'm curious which two art pieces you are thinking of. If you're afraid of spoiling the art for people who haven't read, maybe mention the page numbers if you get the chance...?)
        Sure, I'll just try to use a spoiler tag.

Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by cdfan View Post
          Sure, I'll just try to use a spoiler tag.
          Yeah, the eye picture startles me, too! I specifically asked Steve Gilberts NOT to draw a Sibley picture, in keeping with his semi-offstage presence and sustaining the mystery. But Steve found a sneaky way to draw him anyway, and I love how it turned out.

Thanks for sharing your reaction to 104, also. It's cool when image placement can add something to how readers react to the story!

--Norman

Comment

Hi guys. Just wanted to know when the order placed for the signed limited edition of this book on February 22nd of this year will ship? I placed the order on that particular day not long after you guys announced you found several copies of the signed limited which were supposed to have been sold out. Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyckf View Post
              Hi guys. Just wanted to know when the order placed for the signed limited edition of this book on February 22nd of this year will ship? I placed the order on that particular day not long after you guys announced you found several copies of the signed limited which were supposed to have been sold out. Thank you very much in advance.
              Hey sunnyckf! Shoot me an email with your order information and I can check on it for you.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Hey sunnyckf! Shoot me an email with your order information and I can check on it for you.
                Hey Dan. just want to shout out a big THANK YOU again for sorting everything out. Did I say this before? Hell I will say it again: You guys are the best.

Comment

Thanks Sunny.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I just saw this on my 2'nd pile, before the big pile, but not the biggest pile, outside the bookcases, in my third storage room.

I'll pick it up next time I'm passing through.
                    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Lol, sounds like you need a map just to reach your books!

Comment

Whoooooo !!! Cool warehouse you have there Mr Bunker !!!!! Or, is that a cool bunker you have, Mr Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                        X