X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I don't know where you call home or what city you may be in while reading this, but if you're anywhere in North America, then I'd bet you just heard me SQUEEE with delight.
    Hmm, I guess I don't watch enough TV, 'cause I've never seen or heard of Gayle King

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    It was going to be a surprise, but you guessed it! GAYLE KING is going to sign them!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21507[/ATTACH]
    I don't know where you call home or what city you may be in while reading this, but if you're anywhere in North America, then I'd bet you just heard me SQUEEE with delight.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well, if one of those authors is King, then maybe we can wait a few more minutes . . .
    It was going to be a surprise, but you guessed it! GAYLE KING is going to sign them!

Gayle King.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yeah, my brain has also merged the various problems the sets of sheets for both books have encountered into one massive signature sheet problem folder... but we're almost there! (I mean, which one was lost at that apartment building for six months... and THEN turned up after the replacement sheets had already been signed by six or eight people... And then the other set of sheets that disappeared into that person's house and a friend had to stage a literal intervention to get them back... Ugh... So. Many. Problems.)

There are a few more authors we can circle back to who might be able to sign, IF there is a time... I'd like to try, but I also know folks would rather we just cut bait and send to the printer and I do understand that...

Brian
    Well, if one of those authors is King, then maybe we can wait a few more minutes . . .

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    There's something like 3 pages of signature sheets for this one. I believe we can basically be done anytime after Kealan and Richard. There's some people who didn't have time to fit them into their schedules that we may try and sneak in if there's time before we need to send this off to the printer, as there's some space left on sheets 2 and 3. These sheets have been on a serious journey, I think they've been circulating for maybe 3+ years. I can't remember all of the problems we had as my brain can't keep the sheets for these separate from the sheets for Best of Shivers, which has been circulating for nearly as long, and had all sorts of problems too.
    Yeah, my brain has also merged the various problems the sets of sheets for both books have encountered into one massive signature sheet problem folder... but we're almost there! (I mean, which one was lost at that apartment building for six months... and THEN turned up after the replacement sheets had already been signed by six or eight people... And then the other set of sheets that disappeared into that person's house and a friend had to stage a literal intervention to get them back... Ugh... So. Many. Problems.)

There are a few more authors we can circle back to who might be able to sign, IF there is a time... I'd like to try, but I also know folks would rather we just cut bait and send to the printer and I do understand that...

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    There's something like 3 pages of signature sheets for this one. I believe we can basically be done anytime after Kealan and Richard. There's some people who didn't have time to fit them into their schedules that we may try and sneak in if there's time before we need to send this off to the printer, as there's some space left on sheets 2 and 3. These sheets have been on a serious journey, I think they've been circulating for maybe 3+ years. I can't remember all of the problems we had as my brain can't keep the sheets for these separate from the sheets for Best of Shivers, which has been circulating for nearly as long, and had all sorts of problems too.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I saw a photo on Kealan Patrick Burke's Instagram of him signing a bunch of signiture sheets with a bunch of authors names already on them. Those wouldn't happen to be the final set of sheets for this book would they?
    I saw Stewart O'nan had signed that page also.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yep! Last author before Richard is signing, and then Richard signs at his desk here in the office, and then we're off to the printer!

As we had posted over the years, we weren't going to "re-announce" the book publicly as The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 until we were reasonably sure it could go to the printer that same year.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

We're thrilled to report the first two sets of signature sheets are DONE and back home in the CD offices, and the third set of sheets are with the final author and will be headed back here very soon, at which point Richard Chizmar will sign them and the book will be ready for the printer!

Brian
    I saw a photo on Kealan Patrick Burke's Instagram of him signing a bunch of signiture sheets with a bunch of authors names already on them. Those wouldn't happen to be the final set of sheets for this book would they?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    If you look at the production update page you will see that the last signature sheet is with the very last author so the finish line is in sight
    Yep! Last author before Richard is signing, and then Richard signs at his desk here in the office, and then we're off to the printer!

As we had posted over the years, we weren't going to "re-announce" the book publicly as The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 until we were reasonably sure it could go to the printer that same year.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

We're thrilled to report the first two sets of signature sheets are DONE and back home in the CD offices, and the third set of sheets are with the final author and will be headed back here very soon, at which point Richard Chizmar will sign them and the book will be ready for the printer!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    This is the one that's now called The Best of Cemetery Dance 2, right?

Yes that is correct

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by elinor-m View Post
    And here is my annual inquiry regarding the status. A year ago this month two of three signature sheets were completed. Are we STILL waiting on the third? I see further solicitation of this book this month.
    If you look at the production update page you will see that the last signature sheet is with the very last author so the finish line is in sight

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    This is the one that's now called The Best of Cemetery Dance 2, right?

Leave a comment:

• elinor-m
    replied
    And here is my annual inquiry regarding the status. A year ago this month two of three signature sheets were completed. Are we STILL waiting on the third? I see further solicitation of this book this month.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by elinor-m View Post
    Okay, here is my annual (well this time 13+ month) inquiry regarding the status of this volume. Can you provide us with a realistic update as to the status of the book? I don't want to ask about an ETA because each one of those responses have blown by year after year. The production on this has been (as we all know) GLACIALLY slow. Oh if this were only an SK book. Not trying to be a pain. I'm just sayin'...
    Two of the three sets of signature sheets are finished. Once the third set of sheets is done, it'll go to the printer.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• elinor-m
    replied
    Okay, here is my annual (well this time 13+ month) inquiry regarding the status of this volume. Can you provide us with a realistic update as to the status of the book? I don't want to ask about an ETA because each one of those responses have blown by year after year. The production on this has been (as we all know) GLACIALLY slow. Oh if this were only an SK book. Not trying to be a pain. I'm just sayin'...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X