Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay (Graveyard Editions #4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    1) <<impotent villains
    Listen, it could happen to ANY villain!

2) <<while my wife vacations with her new young beau with the money she harvested from the sale of my Suntups
    We would use the life insurance money! I'm not selling those Suntups!
    Considering, in above scenario, I'm in an assisted living facility and not physically dead, you won't have the life insurance money yet. And there will be two reasons for that:
    1. Dying ends the suffering
    2. My wife will want to watch me suffer.

And that's exactly why she'll sell the Suntups. Not for the money. For the exquisite pain it'll cause me.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I guess when senility settles in, my standards for a satisfying read could slide, and I might find myself on the market for stories that suffer from terminal inertia with impotent villains. If that becomes the case, then yes, I'll know exactly where to look--Bentley Little. And I would want to start with the Graveyard Editions. By that time, my children may have shuffled me off to the assisted living facility while my wife vacations with her new young beau with the money she harvested from the sale of my Suntups.
    1) <<impotent villains
    Listen, it could happen to ANY villain!

2) <<while my wife vacations with her new young beau with the money she harvested from the sale of my Suntups
    We would use the life insurance money! I'm not selling those Suntups!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Tastes change. In ten years you will have come to your senses and be looking for all the Little titles you skipped!
    I guess when senility settles in, my standards for a satisfying read could slide, and I might find myself on the market for stories that suffer from terminal inertia with impotent villains. If that becomes the case, then yes, I'll know exactly where to look--Bentley Little. And I would want to start with the Graveyard Editions. By that time, my children may have shuffled me off to the assisted living facility while my wife vacations with her new young beau with the money she harvested from the sale of my Suntups.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    WHAT? I fully expect CD to burn the books I don't buy!
    Well, that made me LOL...

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    NICE. If all goes well, it looks like I'll have a 7 book set of matching numbers.
    Tastes change. In ten years you will have come to your senses and be looking for all the Little titles you skipped!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    The next Bentley Little book isn't until #9. After that it get's pretty frequent, but never back to back (I don't think) until we're caught up with the backlog of Bentley Little limited editions.
    NICE. If all goes well, it looks like I'll have a 7 book set of matching numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied

No, of course I understand that I risk losing the number by skipping a Little. When it comes to GE's I only care about matching where it's convenient. I might end up with a few "sets" of matching numbers--depending on where you guys place the Little books. So far, I will have three with the number 369. if the next one is a Little and I skip it and I lose the number and I jump back in, I'll collect the next batch of consecutive non Little GE books with a new number possibly. I don't know. depends on how neurotic I want to be.
    The next Bentley Little book isn't until #9. After that it gets pretty frequent, but never back to back (I don't think) until we're caught up with the backlog of Bentley Little limited editions.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Just be careful if you care about matching numbers on these. As with any number requests for series, if you skip titles you risk losing your number. Not that I'm suggesting you purchase books you don't want, more I'm suggesting you stop caring about matching numbers. Generally speaking there's going to be so many titles in the GYE series that realistically the books would have more value individually than they will as a full matching set anyways, because it'd be next to impossible to ever actually sell a full matching set (if we ever end the series).

No, of course I understand that I risk losing the number by skipping a Little. When it comes to GE's I only care about matching where it's convenient. I might end up with a few "sets" of matching numbers--depending on where you guys place the Little books. So far, I will have three with the number 369. if the next one is a Little and I skip it and I lose the number and I jump back in, I'll collect the next batch of consecutive non Little GE books with a new number possibly. I don't know. depends on how neurotic I want to be.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I think I am definitely on the hook for all of these Graveyard Editions minus the Littles. And there will definitely be a passive-aggressive photo in the future in which I will display all my GEs with the Little novels conspicuously absent.
    Just be careful if you care about matching numbers on these. As with any number requests for series, if you skip titles you risk losing your number. Not that I'm suggesting you purchase books you don't want, more I'm suggesting you stop caring about matching numbers. Generally speaking there's going to be so many titles in the GYE series that realistically the books would have more value individually than they will as a full matching set anyways, because it'd be next to impossible to ever actually sell a full matching set (if we ever end the series).

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Yes, you would have been more than a LITTLE disappointed...
    I think I am definitely on the hook for all of these Graveyard Editions minus the Littles. And there will definitely be a passive-aggressive photo in the future in which I will display all my GEs with the Little novels conspicuously absent.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Thanks! Just emailed Mindy. Glad I fell off the fence and landed on the right side of this one. It's an excellent story and these editions are sharp.
    Yes, you would have been more than a LITTLE disappointed...

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Dark Regions has a few copies left by itself and with a bundle of some of the SST editions.

https://darkregions.com/products/a-h...cover-preorder
    https://darkregions.com/products/a-h...31099906916405

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Email Mindy. We don't typically keep track of the numbers we send people as on everything except direct sequels and Stephen King books, almost no one seems to care about matching numbers.

Edit: Also it's just a good rule of thumb that if you care about a matching number to email requesting it, even on stuff we've automatically matched for in the past.
    Thanks! Just emailed Mindy. Glad I fell off the fence and landed on the right side of this one. It's an excellent story and these editions are sharp.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Also as a side note for those that are interested. This book has been rolling at the printer for a couple of weeks now. We're listing it as out in January, but it could be out as early as mid December, depending on the scheduling around the holidays.
    That's excellent news and agreed about contacting Mindy. I do as soon as I get the order confirmation for the stuff I want matched.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Also as a side note for those that are interested. This book has been rolling at the printer for a couple of weeks now. We're listing it as out in January, but it could be out as early as mid December, depending on the scheduling around the holidays.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X