No announcement yet.

Seasons of Terror adapted by Richard Chizmar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me tell you a little story about The Butchers Tale LOL!! We all have that white whale book that we just shake our heads. I have only cancelled one CD title, signature sheets lost again HAHAHA!! My experiences with CD are great and I'll continue to be patient on a few outliers. They have always worked with me when I needed help.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Let me tell you a little story about The Butchers Tale LOL!! We all have that white whale book that we just shake our heads. I have only cancelled one CD title, signature sheets lost again HAHAHA!! My experiences with CD are great and I'll continue to be patient on a few outliers. They have always worked with me when I needed help.
      Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Let me tell you a little story about The Butchers Tale LOL!! We all have that white whale book that we just shake our heads.
        At this point, so many years beyond the announcement, I think the odds of this one ever actually seeing the light of day are slim, which is really too bad, as nothing from CD would excite me more than a new Norman Partridge novel. I do hope all is well with Norm, and whatever creative or personal issues that have plagued this release resolve for him someday. I had the pleasure of meeting him way back in 2001, at the peak of his popularity, and he seemed like a great guy...it's really too bad that whatever issues of creative blockage he's battled over the last decade (or more?) has ultimately prevented him from becoming one of the genre's Big Names. He certainly had/has the right stuff.

I have only cancelled one CD title, signature sheets lost again HAHAHA!!
        Please, please tell me you're not referring to STRANGE WEATHER.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Nemoh21
          CD announced this title and then many months later sold the trade edition rights to S an S.
          It wasn't "many months later." It was the next month. I posted on the McCammon site about the CD release on September 5. On October 30, I learned about the Gallery trade paperback when I found it listed on their website. I have no idea exactly when the deal was put together or how. When I asked CD about the trade edition, they told me that their limited edition would be published when the trade edition is published, per the agreement with S&S. My guess is that without that agreement, S&S wouldn't have agreed to the deal.

Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post

It wasn't "many months later." It was the next month. I posted on the McCammon site about the CD release on September 5. On October 30, I learned about the Gallery trade paperback when I found it listed on their website. I have no idea exactly when the deal was put together or how. When I asked CD about the trade edition, they told me that their limited edition would be published when the trade edition is published, per the agreement with S&S. My guess is that without that agreement, S&S wouldn't have agreed to the deal.

Hunter
            My apologies I thought it was announced sooner. Regardless it’s frustrating

Comment

Originally posted by Nemoh21 View Post

My apologies I thought it was announced sooner. Regardless it’s frustrating
              Yep it is, but we're at the whim of S&S here. And COVID threw a wrench into everyone's schedules including theirs.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Nemoh21 View Post
                Like you said though it is what it is. I just need to shut up and deal with it or cancel. Honestly those are my 2 options. Just venting that’s all.
                Feel free to vent here.

But yes, the rights were sold to S&S before our announcement, and part of the contract with S&S was the requirement that we not publish our editions before their editions. They could have asked for all rights in the agreement, not even allowing a Limited Edition, so it was nice they agreed to our request to be able to publish these editions. But then COVID-19 came along and messed with their scheduling, and unfortunately that pushes our edition back as well.

Brian
                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Just decided to log back into this site for a good laugh. My post was over 2 years ago and still no release on this book. Lol. Just absolutely embarrassing. No update or timeline whatsoever provided by S and S or CD. Actually if you go to the Amazon page for this book it says expected release of 2045!!! That’s not a typo it says 2045. Also enough with the Covid has really effected every thing nonsense. That was 2 years ago! Covid has not prevented a book from being released for over 2 years.

Comment

If CD has to release their book after S&S, then you need to go complain to S&S.

Comment

Working...
                    X