Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    My copy arrived today! I am so happy to finally have this in hand! It was my fourth oldest pre-order and I can finally mark it off the spreadsheet. Looking at the book itself, I really like how how it was assembled. The color scheme is great. The slipcase turned out great as well. Also really dig the artwork for this one. Was also very happy to see the Stephen King bonus items were included in the book as I was worried they may be left out in order to get it to/through the printer sooner. Overall, am very happy to finally add this add this to my collection.

On a side note, I also received my Suntup AGE of Blackwater today; so, this Tuesday is really shaping up quite fine for me!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I just got an email saying that the S/L will be shipping soon.
    Got the confirm address email as well. Am so happy to finally see this as I was becoming resigned to the fact that I would probably receive the S/L of Final Task from SST before I would receive the S/L of Feather from CD. Glad to know that will not be the case. Will be interested to see what the exclusive from Stephen King will be.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I just got an email saying that the S/L will be shipping soon.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Am glad to hear that this title is progressing. Feels like forever ago that it was announced. Held off on a trade copy since I ordered the limited. Can't wait to finally read this story and to see what the exclusive bonus from Stephen King will be!

Leave a comment:

• keithminnion
    replied
    Believe me, I could tell you stories... But my lawyer advises me to zip it!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

No, no, no Keith! You're supposed to hold on to those for a year or two
    Somewhere out there is someone who received their signature sheets and thought "this is EXACTLY what I need to level out that wobbly table leg!"

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
    Just a head's up: I got the signature sheets for the limited, lettered edition from Ben Baldwin this past week, and just finished signing them. I will drop the package off at the local FEDEX place tomorrow, where they will head off back to CD. It looks like a very nice production, and I was honored to be a small part of it!
    No, no, no Keith! You're supposed to hold on to those for a year or two

Leave a comment:

• keithminnion
    replied
    Just a head's up: I got the signature sheets for the limited, lettered edition from Ben Baldwin this past week, and just finished signing them. I will drop the package off at the local FEDEX place tomorrow, where they will head off back to CD. It looks like a very nice production, and I was honored to be a small part of it!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Dan. I went back and checked my order and it was for the Limited Edition. D'oh! Sorry for the confusion. I'll go wipe the egg off my face now.
    Ahh no problem. The limited edition won't be out until sometime next year. The book is a completely different interior design and trim size, and will be printed at a different printer.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    We sent shipping notices on Friday of last week. You should have gotten yours. Amazon and Barnes & Noble broke release date and started shipping about a week and a half early, apparently we aren't big enough or important enough for them to care about the release date. We had already made special arrangements with USPS for having our packages picked up all at once so we didn't overwhelm the local post office. Pretty much every pre-order (unless it was bought over last weekend) was shipped out the door on or before 11/18. I think the international orders went on Thursday of last week and FedEx / UPS orders went on Friday of last week. Everything else went on Monday. If you didn't get a shipping notice, feel free to drop me an email and I'll check on your order.
    Thanks for the reply, Dan. I went back and checked my order and it was for the Limited Edition. D'oh! Sorry for the confusion. I'll go wipe the egg off my face now.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I'm still waiting patiently for mine to arrive from CD. Did you order yours from CD? If so, did you receive a shipping notice? It seems that people who ordered from Amazon got theirs quicker, but I have seen that several people have also received theirs from CD already.
    We sent shipping notices on Friday of last week. You should have gotten yours. Amazon and Barnes & Noble broke release date and started shipping about a week and a half early, apparently we aren't big enough or important enough for them to care about the release date. We had already made special arrangements with USPS for having our packages picked up all at once so we didn't overwhelm the local post office. Pretty much every pre-order (unless it was bought over last weekend) was shipped out the door on or before 11/18. I think the international orders went on Thursday of last week and FedEx / UPS orders went on Friday of last week. Everything else went on Monday. If you didn't get a shipping notice, feel free to drop me an email and I'll check on your order.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    Today I received Gwendy's Magic Feather in the mail. It's a bigger book, longer, than Gwendy's Button Box. One thing that really struck me was the blue color used on the dustjacket. IMO, the pictures of the dustjacket online simply do not do justice to actually holding the physical book. Whoever designed the dustjacket sure got it right!

Cap
    I'm still waiting patiently for mine to arrive from CD. Did you order yours from CD? If so, did you receive a shipping notice? It seems that people who ordered from Amazon got theirs quicker, but I have seen that several people have also received theirs from CD already.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Today I received Gwendy's Magic Feather in the mail. It's a bigger book, longer, than Gwendy's Button Box. One thing that really struck me was the blue color used on the dustjacket. IMO, the pictures of the dustjacket online simply do not do justice to actually holding the physical book. Whoever designed the dustjacket sure got it right!

Cap

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Decided to begin the audiobook on release day rather than wait for the limited I have on order. Had no clue what to expect with this story but I must say I am enjoying where life has taken Gwendy. Enjoying this one so far.
    That's good to hear. I really enjoyed the first book, although it seemed to have very mixed reviews.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Decided to begin the audiobook on release day rather than wait for the limited I have on order. Had no clue what to expect with this story but I must say I am enjoying where life has taken Gwendy. Enjoying this one so far.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X