X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I finally get a chance to post about this! First, I'm glad to hear that this is selling well. It seemed like there was a lukewarm reception from the initial postings and I momentarily doubted myself for getting pretty excited about this announcement. I am surprised that after the announcements stating how well it is selling, there are still some copies left.

On to the book, while I have yet to read the second or third books in the trilogy, I am finishing up reading the Annihilation for the second time. I picked up the trilogy after Sub Press raved about it and offered signed copies of the trade HC (I was wondering why they didn't do a limited, now I know!). Sometimes our experiences are tainted by expectations. I was expecting something completely different than what was delivered and struggled mightily with Annihilation, pretty much thinking it was a misfire until something clicked and I realized it wasn't the book, it was me. I finished my first reading a year ago and vowed to return at a later date.

This year, I kicked off my reading by revisiting Annihilation and while it has been slow-going--partly due to the book's pace, but mostly due to my severely diminished reading time--I have completely come around on the book and am thoroughly enjoying it. I don't know how the rest of the trilogy will pan out, but I'm excited to find out.

I also decided to decimate any budgetary concerns and snatched up a lettered copy.
    I was one of the persons who hesitated when this one was offered. I have not read any of the stories. My hesitation comes from the fact that I have been reading about these stories for 3 years and the opinions have varied widely, from boring and unreadable to best book of the year. The concept intrigues me, and I like the fact the book will have exclusive content. So I did order the limited and we will see how I like the story.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I finally get a chance to post about this! First, I'm glad to hear that this is selling well. It seemed like there was a lukewarm reception from the initial postings and I momentarily doubted myself for getting pretty excited about this announcement. I am surprised that after the announcements stating how well it is selling, there are still some copies left.

On to the book, while I have yet to read the second or third books in the trilogy, I am finishing up reading the Annihilation for the second time. I picked up the trilogy after Sub Press raved about it and offered signed copies of the trade HC (I was wondering why they didn't do a limited, now I know!). Sometimes our experiences are tainted by expectations. I was expecting something completely different than what was delivered and struggled mightily with Annihilation, pretty much thinking it was a misfire until something clicked and I realized it wasn't the book, it was me. I finished my first reading a year ago and vowed to return at a later date.

This year, I kicked off my reading by revisiting Annihilation and while it has been slow-going--partly due to the book's pace, but mostly due to my severely diminished reading time--I have completely come around on the book and am thoroughly enjoying it. I don't know how the rest of the trilogy will pan out, but I'm excited to find out.

I also decided to decimate any budgetary concerns and snatched up a lettered copy.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    While I expected a sellout, I did not expect it with ~24 hours. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    FYI this is almost sold out. If you where on the fence the next hour or two is probably your last shot.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Yeah OK I guess I need a fourth copy of this series.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    started a topic The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMerr

The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMerr

The Southern Reach Trilogy:
    The Deluxe Oversized Signed Special Edition!
    by Jeff VanderMeer

Lettered Edition SOLD OUT and
    Limited Edition Already 60% SOLD OUT!

This is the discussion thread for The Southern Reach Trilogy announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product!

CLICK HERE to view the announcement!
Working...
X