X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Just to push that button a wee bit more...

Here's a shot of the full set...the one in the middle without a spine title is THE EVERLASTING by Tim Lebbon, and the one on the left end w/out a spine title is F. Paul Wilson's The Peabody- Ozymandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium. NEP didn't do a lettered for every release, so some you may be familiar with are correctly missing.

...and here is another one, by itself on another bookcase top. This one, BERSERK by Tim Lebbon, may be the nicest lettered I've ever seen...certainly the nicest I own. It comes on its own NEP stand, and the face peering out from the car window is striking and plays well to the story within.

The design is innovative...when the "trunk" of the "car" traycase is lifted up, the taillights go on. You can lock the "trunk" with the key that you can see peeking out from underneath the stand.

Cool stuff. I think a new collection thread is in order!

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    That is truly a piece of art!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    You are just pushing all of my envy buttons today! A full run of NEP lettereds? Very nice! I've only seen pictures of the editions but they are so cool!
    Just to push that button a wee bit more...

Here's a shot of the full set...the one in the middle without a spine title is THE EVERLASTING by Tim Lebbon, and the one on the left end w/out a spine title is F. Paul Wilson's The Peabody- Ozymandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium. NEP didn't do a lettered for every release, so some you may be familiar with are correctly missing.

...and here is another one, by itself on another bookcase top. This one, BERSERK by Tim Lebbon, may be the nicest lettered I've ever seen...certainly the nicest I own. It comes on its own NEP stand, and the face peering out from the car window is striking and plays well to the story within.

The design is innovative...when the "trunk" of the "car" traycase is lifted up, the taillights go on. You can lock the "trunk" with the key that you can see peeking out from underneath the stand.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

another with my full run of the metal lettered Necessary Evil Press editions
    You are just pushing all of my envy buttons today! A full run of NEP lettereds? Very nice! I've only seen pictures of the editions but they are so cool!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    Start thinking of the top of the bookcase as another shelf...
    Oh, I already have that covered.

One bookcase has my HC run of the Dark Tower series, another of my pulp reprint HCs, another with my full run of the metal lettered Necessary Evil Press editions, another with my grandfather's leather law books, another with my various books-about-books...and so on. Believe me, if there was a shelvable area, it's been found and used!

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    Start thinking of the top of the bookcase as another shelf...

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Dear lord, that's a lot of bookcases! I'm incredibly jealous! I almost have my second bookcase filled and will soon need a third. I have a LOT of catching up to do...
    Won't bore you with the layout in my office and the house, but I can offer the breakdown: Nine full-size lawyer-/barrister-style bookcases, four mid-size lawyer-barrister-style bookcases, one old-time wire-rack spinner for vintage and Hard Case Crime pbs, one short revolving bookcase, one short open bookcase, and one hanging Ikea Billy (glass door) bookcase for the pbs that didn't go in the spinner. Guess that adds up to 17.

You'd think with all that shelf space that my shelves wouldn't be perpetually at critical mass, with books having to leave when new ones arrive. Unfortunately, you'd be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Yeah, even with fifteen or seventeen bookcases.
    Dear lord, that's a lot of bookcases! I'm incredibly jealous! I almost have my second bookcase filled and will soon need a third. I have a LOT of catching up to do...

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I usually order these through Camelot.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Yeah, even with fifteen or seventeen bookcases, my shelf space is at critical mass, with any new book coming in meaning an old book has to go out...so no room for extra variants of the same book...it's Sub Press or CD, not both, unfortunately. I agree w/ you about Sub Press' edition, though...that too has been part of my decision equation, and thus far has been strong enough to make me resist dumping it in favor of the CD edition. We'll see if that firewall continues to hold. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    Ron-

I don't know if you're in a position where you can only have one edition of The Shining, but I have to say, the SP edition's blue monochrome interior art looks just fantastic. I don't have a copy, but if I did, I think I'd be loathe to let it go. (None of which should be interpreted as a slight against CD's The Shining, with which I am mighty happy).

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    I think you should, especially while prices are still fairly close to retail. I have both and while the SubPress edition is amazing, the extras in the CD edition just can't be topped.
    Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger when Sub Press found a few more copies a few days ago and were selling them at cover price...but I still hesitated for a couple hours while I thought about it, and when I went back they were, of course, gone.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Ah. Okay, no, I didn't order THE SHINING from CD...I'm still not sure I made the right decision, but I passed on it because I had the Sub Press HC of THE SHINING. I must wonder, though, a few times a week if I should ditch the Sub edition and pickup the CD edition for continuity w/ CARRIE, SALEM'S LOT (and now NIGHT SHIFT)...especially w/ the extras that the CD edition of THE SHINING has ("Before the Play," etc.). That would explain, though, why I didn't get the early email (I ordered CARRIE and SALEM'S LOT on the secondary market).
    At least now with this direct order via CD for NIGHT SHIFT, I'll have early notice for Gift Editions moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Ah. Okay, no, I didn't order THE SHINING from CD...I'm still not sure I made the right decision, but I passed on it because I had the Sub Press HC of THE SHINING. I must wonder, though, a few times a week if I should ditch the Sub edition and pickup the CD edition for continuity w/ CARRIE, SALEM'S LOT (and now NIGHT SHIFT)...especially w/ the extras that the CD edition of THE SHINING has ("Before the Play," etc.). That would explain, though, why I didn't get the early email.
    I think you should, especially while prices are still fairly close to retail. I have both and while the SubPress edition is amazing, the extras in the CD edition just can't be topped.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Ah. Okay, no, I didn't order THE SHINING from CD...I'm still not sure I made the right decision, but I passed on it because I had the Sub Press HC of THE SHINING. I must wonder, though, a few times a week if I should ditch the Sub edition and pickup the CD edition for continuity w/ CARRIE, SALEM'S LOT (and now NIGHT SHIFT)...especially w/ the extras that the CD edition of THE SHINING has ("Before the Play," etc.). That would explain, though, why I didn't get the early email.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X