X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIGHT SHIFT: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Night Shift: The Deluxe Special Edition
    by Stephen King

This is the discussion thread for the Night Shift announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product

CLICK HERE to view the announcement
    Last edited by Dan Hocker; 08-04-2017, 05:08 PM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Like many of you, I'd already seen an early listing of Night Shift and ordered then.

This new listing has much more detail than the previous (limited notice) one did; I wonder if there may yet be more detail added to this.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Yes, with it being 80% sold out, I figured I was on the "late" list, and others (maybe in the CDCC Club??) must've somehow had an earlier shot.

Comment

Ron, did you buy The Shining from CD? I was on an "early" list because of that.
        Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Yeah I think you get early warning if you ordered the previous book(s) in the series.

Comment

And now follows the long wait as I check my e-mail every 2 minutes hoping for a reply from PS Publishing

Comment

Ah. Okay, no, I didn't order THE SHINING from CD...I'm still not sure I made the right decision, but I passed on it because I had the Sub Press HC of THE SHINING. I must wonder, though, a few times a week if I should ditch the Sub edition and pickup the CD edition for continuity w/ CARRIE, SALEM'S LOT (and now NIGHT SHIFT)...especially w/ the extras that the CD edition of THE SHINING has ("Before the Play," etc.). That would explain, though, why I didn't get the early email.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Ah. Okay, no, I didn't order THE SHINING from CD...I'm still not sure I made the right decision, but I passed on it because I had the Sub Press HC of THE SHINING. I must wonder, though, a few times a week if I should ditch the Sub edition and pickup the CD edition for continuity w/ CARRIE, SALEM'S LOT (and now NIGHT SHIFT)...especially w/ the extras that the CD edition of THE SHINING has ("Before the Play," etc.). That would explain, though, why I didn't get the early email.
                I think you should, especially while prices are still fairly close to retail. I have both and while the SubPress edition is amazing, the extras in the CD edition just can't be topped.

Comment

Ah. Okay, no, I didn't order THE SHINING from CD...I'm still not sure I made the right decision, but I passed on it because I had the Sub Press HC of THE SHINING. I must wonder, though, a few times a week if I should ditch the Sub edition and pickup the CD edition for continuity w/ CARRIE, SALEM'S LOT (and now NIGHT SHIFT)...especially w/ the extras that the CD edition of THE SHINING has ("Before the Play," etc.). That would explain, though, why I didn't get the early email (I ordered CARRIE and SALEM'S LOT on the secondary market).
                  At least now with this direct order via CD for NIGHT SHIFT, I'll have early notice for Gift Editions moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                    I think you should, especially while prices are still fairly close to retail. I have both and while the SubPress edition is amazing, the extras in the CD edition just can't be topped.
                    Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger when Sub Press found a few more copies a few days ago and were selling them at cover price...but I still hesitated for a couple hours while I thought about it, and when I went back they were, of course, gone.

Comment

Ron-

I don't know if you're in a position where you can only have one edition of The Shining, but I have to say, the SP edition's blue monochrome interior art looks just fantastic. I don't have a copy, but if I did, I think I'd be loathe to let it go. (None of which should be interpreted as a slight against CD's The Shining, with which I am mighty happy).

Comment

Yeah, even with fifteen or seventeen bookcases, my shelf space is at critical mass, with any new book coming in meaning an old book has to go out...so no room for extra variants of the same book...it's Sub Press or CD, not both, unfortunately. I agree w/ you about Sub Press' edition, though...that too has been part of my decision equation, and thus far has been strong enough to make me resist dumping it in favor of the CD edition. We'll see if that firewall continues to hold. ;-)

Comment

I usually order these through Camelot.

Comment

Yeah, even with fifteen or seventeen bookcases.
                            Dear lord, that's a lot of bookcases! I'm incredibly jealous! I almost have my second bookcase filled and will soon need a third. I have a LOT of catching up to do...

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              Dear lord, that's a lot of bookcases! I'm incredibly jealous! I almost have my second bookcase filled and will soon need a third. I have a LOT of catching up to do...
                              Won't bore you with the layout in my office and the house, but I can offer the breakdown: Nine full-size lawyer-/barrister-style bookcases, four mid-size lawyer-barrister-style bookcases, one old-time wire-rack spinner for vintage and Hard Case Crime pbs, one short revolving bookcase, one short open bookcase, and one hanging Ikea Billy (glass door) bookcase for the pbs that didn't go in the spinner. Guess that adds up to 17.

You'd think with all that shelf space that my shelves wouldn't be perpetually at critical mass, with books having to leave when new ones arrive. Unfortunately, you'd be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X